Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turas Nua

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

keep doing what your doing,tell them the jobs you applied for have nothing to do with them
    don't let them bully ya
    you'll have no problem with the DSP once your genuinely seeking work

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hopeful19

It's a waste of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

welp seetac are trying to get me in again for an 'information day' i dont want to sign up with them again, its pointless, can i just not turn up or should i turn up and not sign anything? i feel like the info day is a curtain getting people to agree to go to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

welp seetac are trying to get me in again for an 'information day' i dont want to sign up with them again, its pointless, can i just not turn up or should i turn up and not sign anything? i feel like the info day is a curtain getting people to agree to go to them.

If you don't turn up they will inform Social Welfare and you might have your Jobseeker's payment stopped.

Plugguy wrote: »
    If you don't turn up they will inform Social Welfare and you might have your Jobseeker's payment stopped.

Is there a way to stop being signed up with them so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Is there a way to stop being signed up with them so?

If you’re in receipt of a Jobseekers payment then you have to attend Seetec/TN if instructed to or risk your payment being reduced or even suspended.
    Why don’t you want to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I thought this nonsense was being done away with?

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you’re in receipt of a Jobseekers payment then you have to attend Seetec/TN if instructed to or risk your payment being reduced or even suspended.
    Why don’t you want to go?

I dont want to be involved with them. The type of jobs im looking for, i dobt want seetec rining my employer and askin about me, it would send out a bad impression . Plus i dont want to sign any contract with them.

I dont want to be involved with them. The type of jobs im looking for, i dobt want seetec rining my employer and askin about me, it would send out a bad impression . Plus i dont want to sign any contract with them.

Did you tell them that?

Did you tell them that?

No i didnt have the 'information' day with them yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hoopla87

No i didn't have the 'information' day with them yet

attend the information day, make your appointment for the one on one session. politely decline entering into a contract with them. You have a right to decide what companies you enter into a contract with. You cannot be bullied or blackmailed into entering a contract against your will - though they will try and probably threaten but as long as you are willing to attend sessions arranged by the DEASP you are engaging and fulfilling contractual obligations to the DEASP.

I refused. Mine hasn't been cut yet. They are still trying to make me enter a contract but the law is on my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deus Videt

I am seeing people saying refuse to sign the Job Path contract, but agree to comply with them. Does this actually work? Are you sanctioned for not signing? Legally can you refuse? Anyone any experience? Why would I trust a non government, outside agency to have my best interests at heart? I don't sign contracts lightly.

I refused to sign last year, no sanction and they refused to engage with me since it meant they weren't getting paid.
    I have refused to sign again recently as I was called up to the 'programme' for a second time.

You have the legal right to decide what contracts you enter into, that right is protected under the charter of fundamental right and to coerce/blackmail someone into entering a contract against their will is a criminal offence.

one thing you should be aware of is the fact that a contract does not just mean a signature on a piece of paper, it can also mean forming a digital contract - by accepting a name and passcode and signing onto their computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

If you miss the information day they will just send another letter out for the next one, if you miss that one then they will say you're not engaging and probably sanction you.

They cant ring any employers without your permission as fas as I am aware. I am on my second stint with them, despite having got a job off my own back after the first stint ended, when the job ended they put me back onto jobpath 3 months later. It makes no sense as I dont need their help to get a job, and theyve never referred me to a single employer anyway. Where I live there just arent any jobs it's a joke. Hopefully I get something soon but if not, and they try to put me on a third time, I will refuse to sign anything again.

The dail voted to end the scheme. Regina the rat then was for some reason allowed to extend it for another year, why?

Because of Brexit. The excuse FG are going to use for everything under the sun now it seems. funny that brexit isnt bringing the rents down though, which would be a shame as half of FG TDs are landlords.

My new employment advisor was out sick last time, said they 'hope he would be back for my next appointment.' Looking on indeed a week later and they have an ad for seetec employment advisor up for my area. I'll be shocked if I dont have a new advisor again, which would be my 5th one. Including the manager who fills in when they dont turn up, that's six strangers Ive had to share my personal details with such as a chronic illness I have, with not one referral to a job yet. Last meeting they just opened up indeed and showed me a job I'd already applied for and that was it. They have now reduced meetings in the centre to monthly because there's no point, there are no jobs.

And it seems like the ones that do come in, the advisors are snatching them up for themselves, as they dont seem to want to stay working for jobpath. I don't blame them, how can they get commission when there are no jobs? But it's not fair on the clients really, and the fact my last advisor was literally on the scheme when they made him an advisor is a huge joke, totally underhanded way of them fattening their stats and pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Plugguy

Deus Videt wrote: »
    I am seeing people saying refuse to sign the Job Path contract, but agree to comply with them. Does this actually work? Are you sanctioned for not signing? Legally can you refuse? Anyone any experience? Why would I trust a non government, outside agency to have my best interests at heart? I don't sign contracts lightly.

When you go in for your first meeting, they will talk to the group of you together at first. Then they will take you one by one, at this stage they will ask you to sign two documents, one is the Personal Progression Plan (PPP). The other is the Consent form. If you sign the consent form, then they have your permission to contact employers' on your behalf and to send out your CV. It is not obligatory to sign the consent form. There will be no sanctions if you don't sign it..You should sign the PPP, this is your agreement to comply with them.....This is what I did when I was called into them....Check out question 15 here http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/JobPath-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Jobseeker.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I have been with them for past 5 months. It just seems like a massive waste of time since it basically a box ticking exercise with my employment advisor every 2-3 weeks to see if I applied for any jobs recently.

They boast about how they refer people to jobs that aren't publicly advertised, but so far they have not lived up to that expectation for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 emanresu123

If a person was getting the WFP would they still have to go to Seetec?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

Gympodie wrote: »
    Jeez, after doing a bit of researching - I am not hearing great things.

Any advice on how I should carry myself during the group session plus the one-on-one meetings?

If the apply for jobs for me, I hope they take into consideration that I don't drive and rely on public transport.
    I found them fantastic to deal with. Maybe it was just the person I met with. Anyway, I had already applied for jobs and was just getting job seekers until I started the new job when I was referred to them. So I didn't need the service but they gave me tons of ideas anyway and they still keep in touch for a year after you've found employment to see how you are getting on.

I’m not sure if someone on WFT can be called but I’m on casual dockets working reduced hours and was called up to it so probably.

No.

• Advertisement

hoopla87 wrote: »
    I’m not sure if someone on WFT can be called but I’m on casual dockets working reduced hours and was called up to it so probably.

Job path is only for people on Jobseekers payments.

Job path is only for people on Jobseekers payments.

Ok, like I said I didn’t know just assumed. Still don’t understand how someone on casual dockets is a ‘jobseeker’ but someone on wfp doing the same hours is not but I guess that’s our messed up system

hoopla87 wrote: »
    Ok, like I said I didn’t know just assumed. Still don’t understand how someone on casual dockets is a ‘jobseeker’ but someone on wfp doing the same hours is not but I guess that’s our messed up system

It’s open to you to drop your claim for jobseekers and claim WFP instead if you/your partner combined are working at least 19 hours per week and have dependent children.
    It’s up to you really.
    Plus, if you/your partner do drop your jobseekers claims entirely and apply for WFP instead (or find full time jobs) then you can get BTWFD too which means that whatever amount you are getting now for dependent kids on your Jobseekers claim, you get to keep 100% for first year and 50% for second year.
    The BTWFD will not be considered in the means test for WFP.
    Summary, any claim you have for Jobseekers means you are subject to JobPath.
    WFP is not a jobseekers payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else get told now telephone calls in a text message, no meetings, thought it would be suspended on hold for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Nows the time to pull the plug on these schemes. These are jobs which should be paid a proper living wage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Nows the time to pull the plug on these schemes. These are jobs which should be paid a proper living wage.

What are talking about? Job path isn't work, its supposedly looking for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

What are talking about? Job path isn't work, its supposedly looking for work.

Sorry, meant TUS and CE.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Sorry, meant TUS and CE.

CE is paid at a minimum rate of approx €11.50 per hour. The jobs are in no way stressful and the participants do important community work that would otherwise only be done by volunteers or not at all. These are jobs that there would be no funding for otherwise. The CE schemes around the country are excellent and well run. Many community based organisations would be lost without them. I don't know much about Tus but I would assume similar applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭Worztron

Are folk having to go back into the TN offices again or is it still phone calls only from them due to CV19?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Such rot! CE schemes exist to keep those running them in jobs. The supervisors on those schemes get much more than €11.50 an hour, believe me. I know of one scheme intended to assist in the upgrade of older people's homes and the supervisor used the the ce workers as free labour on his own properties. One chap offered me a place on 'his' scheme and when I asked him what the scheme was for he couldn't answer! I went on a scheme as a homework tutor in an afterschool programme. Thought it would be a great opportunity to do something worthwhile and open new employment opportunities after. I was cooking and cleaning. If I got to help one kid with homework on any day I was lucky.

Advertisement