Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turas Nua

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LW3112

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i disagree, breaks are for resting

You're free to disagree - but that doesn't much help the user.

I'm not for one second saying that anything about this is ideal or desirable - and that was just one of the possible suggestions i made. And i'm genuinely all ears if you have a better suggestion than the various ones i suggested.

But whether we like it or not, everyone is stuck with TN until at least the end of the year. And if the user wants to keep the claim open, some sort of engagement will have to be had with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i disagree, breaks are for resting

The poster is saying that you can’t expect an employer to accommodate an employees SW commitments.
    The employer is not a partner in the employees contract with SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

splinter65 wrote: »
    The poster is saying that you can’t expect an employer to accommodate an employees SW commitments.
    The employer is not a partner in the employees contract with SW.

im aware of this. as always, thank you, im now 'informed'!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

I thought this Seetec, jobpath Turas Nua crack had been wound up, got a letter that i have been selected for round 3 and had to go down next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Bloody hell, a 3rd time? That might be a record.
    Yeah, despite it being wound up they'll still carry on til the end of the year to bleed as much cash as possible, remember they get a 3 figure payment for every PPP you sign and 4 figures for getting you into a job. It's an absolute joke but at least you know it won't be for a full 12 months.

Btw, if you call in sick to the information session theyll have to reschedule you for another one which, depending where your based, could be a few weeks, and then your first appt with an advisor will be at least a week after that. So you can cut down the amount meetings youll have to go to between now and December a bit if you're cute about it, just make sure to go to the 2nd one after they send out a letter about you missing the first one (they don't try to penalize you for missing the first one they just send out a letter saying you have to now go on such and such a date) Though also beware that the 'rescheduled' meetings tend to be early morning, which I'm sure is on purpose to punish us layabouts who aren't part of Leo's brigade of early risers.

• Advertisement

Ok thank you ill have to do the lottery as im very lucky to be choosing at random to attend all these things. Have a bad back had doctors letter to confirm it showed it to them. Every week i went down there's a construction job here you might be interested in. Bunch of clowns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I done my 52 weeks and got a letter to sign back on was told by soc welfare yesterday im down to be with them seetac untill july 2020. Which is bull****e and i told them i done my time and dont want to go back and am waiting a call today to know the story. Ive a feeling they just want to keep me on the program bc i dont think they are reffering people anymore. Is there anyone i can talk to about this? Seetac cant facilitate me bc im looking for a job assixiated with my degree and its aboce any if the jobs they advertise. I need a job with my career to get on the ladder. Anyone know who i can talk to if they try to get me to go back?

I thought this Seetec, jobpath Turas Nua crack had been wound up, got a letter that i have been selected for round 3 and had to go down next week.

Who said it was being “wound up”?

I done my 52 weeks and got a letter to sign back on was told by soc welfare yesterday im down to be with them seetac untill july 2020. Which is bull****e and i told them i done my time and dont want to go back and am waiting a call today to know the story. Ive a feeling they just want to keep me on the program bc i dont think they are reffering people anymore. Is there anyone i can talk to about this? Seetac cant facilitate me bc im looking for a job assixiated with my degree and its aboce any if the jobs they advertise. I need a job with my career to get on the ladder. Anyone know who i can talk to if they try to get me to go back?

If you have been any more than 3 months looking for a job in your field of expertise then a DO can decide that you need to “broaden” the scope of the work that you are looking for. In other words you can no longer say “I’m only interested in work as an electrical engineer” (if that’s your qualification) and expect to be still qualified for JSA.
    You say you have not found work in your field of expertise in the year (at least) since you started looking for work in that field. That’s why your being sent back to Seetec/TN.
    You need to discuss this with them so they can explain to you both your rights and obligations when your in receipt of JSA.

Ok thank you ill have to do the lottery as im very lucky to be choosing at random to attend all these things. Have a bad back had doctors letter to confirm it showed it to them. Every week i went down there's a construction job here you might be interested in. Bunch of clowns

If you have a bad back and your GP says that your not fit for work then you should apply for illness benefit and then go to the CWO to get SWA while you wait to get better.
    You don’t have to attend Seetec/TN while your on SWA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I overheard a telephone conversation between the manager of my seetec centre and someone from the social welfare.He wasn't very happy, he was complaining about social welfare sending too many js's to them.That the centre is being sent too many new clients, and that they are struggling to cope with the numbers.JS obviously being code for jobseekers.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

It's impossible enough to get on the sick heard from enough people. All I would be told is to do light work which was wrote on the letter and like I said every time I went down, would you be interested in construction work. Have to go through same nonsense again.

It's impossible enough to get on the sick heard from enough people. All I would be told is to do light work which was wrote on the letter and like I said every time I went down, would you be interested in construction work. Have to go through same nonsense again.

You won’t get illness benefit but if you apply for it then you take a copy of your application to the CWO and you’ve no other income then you’ll get SWA while your waiting.
    But yes, your GP has to say that your not fit for work at all. If he won’t say that then forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?
    I started with Seetec a few weeks ago, was given my list of appointment dates which went on until next month when my next meeting was supposed to be. Lost the sheet so contacted my employment adviser to find out what time my jobsearch appointment is next week, she replied and told me im finished with them and don't have to go next week. It seemed very sudden, especially since I wasn't contacted about it and have only attended 3 appointments. What could that be about?

If you have been any more than 3 months looking for a job in your field of expertise then a DO can decide that you need to “broaden” the scope of the work that you are looking for. In other words you can no longer say “I’m only interested in work as an electrical engineer” (if that’s your qualification) and expect to be still qualified for JSA.
    You say you have not found work in your field of expertise in the year (at least) since you started looking for work in that field. That’s why your being sent back to Seetec/TN.
    You need to discuss this with them so they can explain to you both your rights and obligations when your in receipt of JSA.

So what youre saying is their is zip all i can protest then. So much for being a 52 week and random participants chosen then. Has anyone here just done it for a year and got out? Or managed to talk to someone about it? Or is there a way yo avoid being lumped in again, like refusing the PPP or the contact the employer sheet? I really dont want to put up with the waste of time again..

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

So what youre saying is their is zip all i can protest then. So much for being a 52 week and random participants chosen then. Has anyone here just done it for a year and got out? Or managed to talk to someone about it? Or is there a way yo avoid being lumped in again, like refusing the PPP or the contact the employer sheet? I really dont want to put up with the waste of time again..

I did not sign the PPP and they cant make you either . But for my troubles I got the rottweiler of a PA. I have already stated that I nearly work full time they are a nasty vindictive bunch so tread carefully with them.

Hopefully you’ll find work in your field in the next couple of weeks and you’ll be finished with them forever.

blowin3 wrote: »
    I did not sign the PPP and they cant make you either . But for my troubles I got the rottweiler of a PA. I have already stated that I nearly work full time they are a nasty vindictive bunch so tread carefully with them.

What happens if you dont sign, did you get chatted to by soc wel

There is supposed to be at least a four month gap before you can be sent back to TN for a second time. If this didn't occur, i would certainly raise the issue with the DSP.

LW3112 wrote: »
    There is supposed to be at least a four month gap before you can be sent back to TN for a second time. If this didn't occur, i would certainly raise the issue with the DSP.

there wasnt its just been one month and was due to sign back for the first time the other day but was told im down to be with them till the july 2020 now which is another 52 weeks with them and i felt like they just wanted me to go and they just had me sign a piece of paper to cover the signing on. They also wouldnt give me the next date when to sign on when i asked so, im expecting a a mail now to go with seetac for another year.

• Advertisement

LW3112 wrote: »

If you could point to a link anywhere indicating that there has to be a 4 month gap before you are referred back then this poster could print it out and take it to the SW and ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Balagan1

"...Social Protection Minister Regina Doherty said her department selects clients for the JobPath service by means of a random selection process.

She said protocols for selection currently preclude the selection of anyone who has already completed 52 weeks with the JobPath service within the previous four months....
    https://www.thejournal.ie/jopath-third-time-referrals-4527202-Mar2019/

But who knows if the protocols have changed since March.

Balagan1 wrote: »
    "...Social Protection Minister Regina Doherty said her department selects clients for the JobPath service by means of a random selection process.

She said protocols for selection currently preclude the selection of anyone who has already completed 52 weeks with the JobPath service within the previous four months....
    https://www.thejournal.ie/jopath-third-time-referrals-4527202-Mar2019/

But who knows if the protocols have changed since March.

I would definitely chance it though.

If you could point to a link anywhere indicating that there has to be a 4 month gap before you are referred back then this poster could print it out and take it to the SW and ask them about it.

This would be the best source:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2019-03-05/548/

Also, it was stated as "four to six months" here in April: At page 22 (35 on the PDF)
    https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/committee/dail/32/committee_of_public_accounts/submissions/2019/2019-04-18_correspondence-john-conlon-assistant-secretary-department-of-employment-affairs-and-social-protection-32r002103-pac_en.pdf

There's no guarantee that the DSP haven't internally revised the protocols for selections in the last three months and just neglected to disclose it. However, to allow for what is essentially an immediate referral back to Jobpath after finishing would be quite a dramatic change for them to introduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Turas Nua is not about new tourism :p

Went for my appointment this week and whaddaya know, my advisor wasn't there, she moved jobs, it was the absolute wagon of a manager I had to do the appointment with.

So now this will be the 4th stranger I am required to share my personal details with over the 18 months I've been with this crowd, and not one job referral.

But really is it any wonder they aren't doing anytning for the ckients, it se3ms they are all looking to get out of working for Jobpath so they are taking the jobs themaelves rather than helping clients!

Another funny thing was she reviewed everything and my advisor at the start had asked what salary I would want, I said a living wage, she suggested 500 per week and wrote that in on my profile.

Then this manager cow tried to get me to change it, I must have had to tell her 3 times to leave it as is (I don't want rhem t rying to stick me into some min wage crap job). She got all huffy with me and I said, "That's hardly the reason I havent been referred to a single job in 18 months" and she gets all thick and says, "Do you have an issue you want to raise wirh me?"

This same woman met with me after my first advisor quit and I complained because I showed up to my appt, meanwhile they knew she wouldn't be there and never bothered to contact me. During that meeting she told me I woould be her 'special project' .

I never heard from her again. Until now, when she had to come in and cover for yet another quitting advisor.

The closest I got to a referral in 18 months was I was told that the position of litter warden was advertised on the county council website but I don't have a license to drive a truck. And I didn't study litter in college, wonder how many points in the LC you need to get to do that course?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Daniel1986

I thought this scheme is finished but I received my letter last week and I have my first appointment this Thursday?

Daniel1986 wrote: »
    I thought this scheme is finished but I received my letter last week and I have my first appointment this Thursday?

The contract is ending in December but they will continue to sign up customers until then and will continue to get paid for each customer until that customers 12 month period is over.
    Seetec/TN will be replaced by a different company working to find employment for JSB recipients.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

The contract is ending in December but they will continue to sign up customers until then and will continue to get paid for each customer until that customers 12 month period is over.
    Seetec/TN will be replaced by a different company working to find employment for JSB recipients.

Will the new company be like Seetec and TN? if so, whats the point?

Advertisement