Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube announces it will no longer recommend conspiracy videos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

King Mob wrote: »
    Ok. So why does the holocaust museum post it?

No clue:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Huh. So maybe since they are actual historians who have actual training and qualifications and do actual research, maybe they know something about that document and others that you don't?

Why does the holocaust museum give an incorrect figure for the holocaust?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Why is it taught in schools and around the world that around 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust?

Either there's a conspiracy going on there, or you genuinely believe you know more than the consensus of modern historians on the subject (without ever having opened a book on the subject)

Which is it..

Huh. So maybe since they are actual historians who have actual training and qualifications and do actual research, maybe they know something about that document and others that you don't?

Why does the holocaust museum give an incorrect figure for the holocaust?

You said was a holocaust document, not me. Clearly you did not know when the holocaust period was. Stop trying to lay the blame on me for your mistake.

Why don't you ask the Museum?

You said was a holocaust document, not me. Clearly you did not know when the holocaust period was. Stop trying to lay the blame on me for your mistake.

Why don't you ask the Museum?
    I don't need to ask the museum because I agree with them and their presentation of the facts. You haven't shown a good reason to doubt those facts.

It is a holocaust document. I don't believe you when you claim it isn't because you are not trustworthy on any measure.

So moving on... Why do you believe the holocaust museum is presenting incorrect figures for the holocaust?
    Did all of the historians in the holocaust museum make a terrible mistake? Or are they deliberately faking things?

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Why is it taught in schools and around the world that around 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust?

Either there's a conspiracy going on there, or you genuinely believe you know more than the consensus of modern historians on the subject (without ever having opened a book on the subject)

Which is it..

Thought in schools 9/11 was done by bin laden and his 19 hijackers and there no conspiracy and thought in schools JFK was killed by one guy Oswald. It's way things are!

Thought in schools 9/11 was done by bin laden and his 19 hijackers and there no conspiracy and thought in schools JFK was killed by one guy Oswald. It's way things are!
    They also teach the world is round...

I don't need to ask the museum because I agree with them and their presentation of the facts. You haven't shown a good reason to doubt those facts.

It is a holocaust document. I don't believe you when you claim it isn't because you are not trustworthy on any measure.

So moving on... Why do you believe the holocaust museum is presenting incorrect figures for the holocaust?
    Did all of the historians in the holocaust museum make a terrible mistake? Or are they deliberately faking things?

You need to look up gaslighting these sentences are typical of someone with that personality.

. I don't believe you when you claim it isn't because you are not trustworthy on any measure.

Even though I just posted a screenshot of holocaust period 1941- 1945.
    Your document from 1940.

Gaslighting you try to get the other person to doubt their sanity, and you deny things, no matter what.

It's called the truth, which is based on factual history. It has a habit of being consistent

Unlike your personal opinions on this subject which are just opinions that no one in this thread agrees with.

Even though I just posted a screenshot of holocaust period 1941- 1945.
    Your document from 1940.
    Well for one, it's not my document. It's a document pointed to by actual historians.

Secondly, I don't believe you when you claim that the document is from 1940. You have claimed documents and pictures show things that they don't.

Thirdly, even if it is from that year, there's many reason why it might still refer to things in the holocaust. Again, it's being presented by holocaust historians as an example of a holocaust document. I trust them as they are actual experts.

I'm just not actually arsed to dig into this and find out which of these is the actual explanation, because of previous experience trying to explain things to you.

I (and most rational people) understand that it is an example of a nazi document of the type used to research the true numbers of people killed in the holocaust.
    You are denying that's true based on your own historian expertise.

So again, let's move on.
    You believe that the holocaust museum is presenting false numbers.
    Why do they do this?

• Advertisement

It's called the truth, which is based on factual history. It has a habit of being consistent

Unlike your personal opinions on this subject which are just opinions that no one in this thread agrees with.

You get your truth from Metabunk. Mick west still hasn't figured out yet why the Hulsey models has no collisions and dynamic movement. When it's obvious to me why that is. His debunking laughable.

Well for one, it's not my document. It's a document pointed to by actual historians.

Secondly, I don't believe you when you claim that the document is from 1940. You have claimed documents and pictures show things that they don't.

You posted, you mad person:D:D

509738.png

You get your truth from Metabunk. Mick west still hasn't figured out yet why the Hulsey models has no collisions and dynamic movement. When it's obvious to me why that is. His debunking laughable.

And now you've spun off from Holocaust denial into 911 conspiracy stuff

Every thread like this is a dumpster fire, what do you think that demonstrates..

And now you've spun off from Holocaust denial into 911 conspiracy stuff

Every thread like this is a dumpster fire, what do you think that demonstrates..

You guys derailed this thread, with the holocaust talk.:rolleyes:.

I was more than happy to end this debate hours ago and keep on topic.

You posted, you mad person
    Yes. And I also said:

Thirdly, even if it is from that year, there's many reason why it might still refer to things in the holocaust. Again, it's being presented by holocaust historians as an example of a holocaust document. I trust them as they are actual experts.

I'm just not actually arsed to dig into this and find out which of these is the actual explanation, because of previous experience trying to explain things to you.

You don't believe that that document is a holocaust document. But you can't explain why real historians would present it as one.
    This is because it is a holocaust document, you just don't understand why and you believe that lack of understanding trumps the historian's actual research and expertise.

That's very silly and I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

So let's move on. You believe that the holocaust museum is presenting false numbers. Why do you believe they do this?

You guys derailed this thread, with the holocaust talk.:rolleyes:.
    Nope. I just brought up holocaust denial as an example of "alternate" thinking that most people, nullzero included would agree is nonsense and unacceptable.
    It is easily replaceable with the notions of flat earth or creationism.

You were the the one barging in with false, ill informed claims about the holocaust.
    Such anti-historical tripe shouldn't be left unchallenged.

Nope. I just brought up holocaust denial as an example of "alternate" thinking that most people, nullzero included would agree is nonsense and unacceptable.
    It is easily replaceable with the notions of flat earth or creationism.

You were the the one barging in with false, ill informed claims about the holocaust.
    Such anti-historical tripe shouldn't be left unchallenged.

Write a book about it ;) I can't take you guys seriously because every conspiracy needs to be challenged. Any evidence that challenges the norm is dismissed.

Write a book about it ;) I can't take you guys seriously because every conspiracy needs to be challenged. Any evidence that challenges the norm is dismissed.
    Not every conspiracy needs to be challenged. But Holocaust denial does because not only is it just factually wrong, it stems from racist propaganda and it muddies an important part of history.

Cheerful, you aren't a historian and you haven't done anything even close to approaching research. You claims aren't "alternative" though as that implies that it somehow on the same level of the opinion and research of real, rational experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

For USA even the fact that they lost the Vietnam war ks a conspiracy theory as they say the just got tired and got out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,478 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Lol lots of personal comments there.

But I'm just asking a simple question to clarify your stance.

I believe based on your comments that:
    1. You believe that cheerful is engaging in holocaust denial.
    2. You believe his holocaust denial is not acceptable.

However I feel that if I stated these things as a fact you would again claim I was misrepresenting you.

Are these two points accurate?

You're asking a simple question that has been answered already on multiple occasions.

The content of my responses is becoming personal in nature because having answered your questions already, you keep asking the exact same questions, which leads me to believe there is something amiss with you personally.

You claiming things I've stated as fact isn't an issue the misrepresentation stems from you saying I have changed my stance when I demonstrably haven't.

You are seeing this discussion in terms of me being pro freedom of expression therefore I must agree with everything Cheerful spring is saying when in reality I do not agree with what he is saying but I do respect his right to have his opinion. This is a simple enough idea that you have repeatedly failed to grasp.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    You're asking a simple question that has been answered already on multiple occasions.
    Ok. Then both points are indeed correct and
    1. You believe that cheerful is engaging in holocaust denial.
    2. You believe his holocaust denial is not acceptable.

Cool.
    You are seeing this discussion in terms of me being pro freedom of expression therefore I must agree with everything Cheerful spring is saying
    Never said or argued or indicated this.

Now, to avoid disagreeing with a conspiracy theorist you're walking back on your previous stance.

So now, do you believe that holocaust denial is an acceptable form of "alternative" thought? If so, why did you change your mind?

Above is an example of what I cited earlier. In your last post to said and I quote; "Never said or argued or indicated this."

I am not given over to making statements I cannot back up with fact when it comes to quoting other posters. Here I have given you an example of you engaging in behaviour you deny engaging in.
    You have accused me of similar behaviour but when I have asked you to provide evidence you have repeatedly ignored my requests.
    This is why I described you as having engaged in debating in bad faith. You are constantly attempting to skew the playing field to your advantage using every dirty trick you can muster. You need to take stock of this and I would suggest you could do better, currently it's impossible to take you seriously in light of your behaviour.

Any evidence that challenges the norm is dismissed.

You dismiss e.g. Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists as idiots

Yet you believe in other absurd conspiracies

Always these special conditions for your own extreme beliefs

Above is an example of what I cited earlier. In your last post to said and I quote; "Never said or argued or indicated this."

I am not given over to making statements I cannot back up with fact when it comes to quoting other posters. Here I have given you an example of you engaging in behaviour you deny engaging in.
    You have accused me of similar behaviour but when I have asked you to provide evidence you have repeatedly ignored my requests.
    This is why I described you as having engaged in debating in bad faith. You are constantly attempting to skew the playing field to your advantage using every dirty trick you can muster. You need to take stock of this and I would suggest you could do better, currently it's impossible to take you seriously in light of your behaviour.

You're backtracking with this pious act after basically backing a poster who turned out to be a raving Holocaust denier

You're backtracking with this pious act after basically backing a poster who turned out to be a raving Holocaust denier

Again provide the evidence that I back tracked please. Otherwise all the above is hyperbole.
    I have never backed anyone, something I would also like you to provide evidence for please.
    I merely stated I respect their right to have an opinion I do not agree with. I'll wait patiently for the evidence to support your claims.

That's not me arguing that you agree with him.
    That isn't me claiming that you with agreeing everything Cheerful spring is saying.

That's me pointing out that you are avoiding saying directly that you disagree with him.

Not every conspiracy needs to be challenged. But Holocaust denial does because not only is it just factually wrong, it stems from racist propaganda and it muddies an important part of history.

Cheerful, you aren't a historian and you haven't done anything even close to approaching research. You claims aren't "alternative" though as that implies that it somehow on the same level of the opinion and research of real, rational experts.

Every second you say it’s holocaust denial, I laugh. Jewish historians don’t even agree about the numbers, some go as low at 4 million, some say 5 million, some say 6 million, some go higher.  Maybe read why I dispute the number 6 million? 
    The statistic based on pre-war census. Historians believe 3.5 million Jews lived after the war? What number you left with King mob when 9.5 million Jews lived in Europe 1933?

You solved it 6 million.

You guys are claiming every man, woman and child in 1933 census was killed by the holocaust and that not backed up anything but wishful thinking. You even tried to pass off a 1940 document as a holocaust document.  The holocaust period started in 1941. So maybe stop reflecting on our people’s research capabilities and do your own.

Otherwise all the above is hyperbole.

It's not hyperbole, it's an opinion. If you disagree with it, that's noted, just like your equal treatment of opinions here

Every second you say it’s holocaust denial, I laugh.  Jewish historians don’t even agree about the numbers, some go as low at 4 million, some say 5 million, some say 6 million, some go higher.  Maybe read why I dispute the number 6 million? 

You dispute it because you are a Holocaust denier and all your posts on the subject display faulty reasoning and just bizarre stuff

Years later, after constant explanations, you still can't grasp the concept of e.g. consensus

I'll demonstrate. Explain to us, without a dictionary definition, what consensus means and give an example of it

Provide a simple example from history

If you can't understand these basic concepts, you'll never get any of this and be stuck in this loop of nonsense

• Advertisement

You guys are claiming every man, woman and child in 1933 census was killed by the holocaust and that not backed up anything but wishful thinking.

No. You keep making up absurd claims then attributing it to other posters or "people"

Advertisement