Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube announces it will no longer recommend conspiracy videos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

King Mob wrote: »
    Sorry, but when someone starts claiming millions of holocaust victims didn't die because they know more than the historians who work for the Holocaust Museum/believe those historians are involved in a conspiracy, I find it very ridiculous.

The lol conveys this. Sorry if it bugs you.

However wasn't someone saying something about playing the ball, not the man earlier?

You can't answer a few questions how the arrived at the number. Your best answer was quote actual historians have to do actual research and compile information from many different sources.

Who are the different sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Again in black for you.
    There is no single wartime document created by Nazi officials that spells out how many people were killed in the Holocaust

Here's a suggestion, why don't you ask Nullzero

I know excuses will be made by both sides, but since most of your belligerence is rooted in tribalism, you are far more likely to accept, and then understand what that poster is saying

I think that's fair

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Again in black for you.
    There is no single wartime document created by Nazi officials that spells out how many people were killed in the Holocaust
    Yes.
    No one single document.

What spells out how many people were killed are many different documents and other sources of information that come together to form the full picture.
    Again, this is how real historical research works.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,478 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Sorry, but when someone starts claiming millions of holocaust victims didn't die because they know more than the historians who work for the Holocaust Museum/believe those historians are involved in a conspiracy, I find it very ridiculous.

The lol conveys this. Sorry if it bugs you.

However wasn't someone saying something about playing the ball, not the man earlier?

I have played the ball all the way. You have decided to pick the ball up, stuff it up your shirt and pretend that's an acceptable thing to do.

I find you to be a ridiculous person, so lol away hun, omg.

Yes.
    No one single document.

What spells out how many people were killed are many different documents and other sources of information that come together to form the full picture.
    Again, this is how real historical research works.

Show the different documents. You just assume it there. You tried to show me a document earlier as proof there was holocaust documentation and you got called out:)

• Advertisement

Show the different documents. You just assume it there. You tried to pass off holocust documentation earlier and got called on it:)

Who are the different sources?
    Again, the link provides some examples.:confused:
    You can't answer a few questions how the arrived at the number. Your best answer was quote actual historians have to do actual research and compile information from many different sources.
    Because that's how it works and that's how the number was arrived at.

Apparently you have to show a document that claims 6 million died or it didn't happen

Because that's how it works and that's how the number was arrived at.

Kingmob it wasn't a holocaust document. Read the post.

nullzero wrote: »
    I never said that his stance was acceptable. Quote me saying his stance is acceptable please. What you are engaging in here is blatant misrepresentation.
    Ok. So then his stance is unacceptable?
    Is he engaging in holocaust denial?
    I disagree with his stance but I also stated that he does not appear to be an antisemite which I may be wrong about but it appears he isn't.
    I disagree with him but don't feel the need to ridicule him because of it.
    But you still maintain that:
    The holocaust happened. People who deny that typically have an axe to grind with Jewish people. Therefore their opinions do not deserve to be taken seriously.

Cheerful's opinions do not deserve to be taken seriously?

Kingmob it wasn't a holocaust document. Read the post.
    It is a holocaust document. :confused:

• Advertisement

Ok. So then his stance is unacceptable?
    Is he engaging in holocaust denial?

But you still maintain that:

Cheerful's opinions do not deserve to be taken seriously?

He has a right to his opinion, I don't agree with it. How difficult is that for you to understand?

Incidentally I'm still waiting for you to show where I said I agreed with his opinion, or where I "walked back" on my stance (which has remained consistent). So please provide me with the evidence to back up your claims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

And of these "real" conspiracies, how many of them have been cracked because of people on youtube or on sites like prison planet?
    All of them were cracked by people in the mainstream media, not conspiracy theorists on the internet. Many of them weren't even discussed by conspiracy theorists (even before the advent of the internet) before they were cracked by the media.
    So not promoting stuff about how school shootings were all faked isn't exactly going to expose any real government misdeeds and would in fact distract and discredit the real misdeeds that are being committed.
    For example, while it's easy to find threads and documentaries about how the moon landing wasn't real, there's almost nothing from the same people about Trump's shady dealings.

But no conspiracy theorists actually just stick to that. It's too boring for them, so they have to invent things like secret explosives, fake witnesses, on camera confessions...
    The vast majority of conspiracy theorists subscribe to the version of the conspiracy that you are dismissing out of hand.

Well firstly, that's not true.
    There's lots of studies about the benefits of meditation.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=meditation

If there is an alternative cure for something, it's probably not going to be on youtube. And even if it was, it's going to be buried under tons of videos of wacky stuff that's pretty much magic, or scam artists who are doing pretty much all the shady stuff conspiracy theorists love to accuse doctors off.

Sure, by itself it's dumb.
    But people who are willing to believe that often believe a lot more conspiracy theories than just that.

And yes, conspiracy theories lead to harm.
    Conspiracy theories have lead to large numbers of people rejecting vaccines and medicine, leading to illness and death.
    A conspiracy theorist went into a pizzeria with guns because he thought there was a secret government pedophile ring in the basement.
    Racist conspiracy theories like holocaust denial are spread all over, including this foru,.

But the thing is that youtube isn't banning these videos. They just aren't going to promote them. They aren't going to end up on the suggested videos alongside real educational videos where they might fool and influence venerable people.
    They will still be available for people to seek out and watch.

But I think the vast vast majority of videos that are out there already fall into your category of nonsense and you rightly dismiss them out of hand.
    And I think the few you say have value share more with those other types of videos than you realise, and if you really critically examined them with the same level of scrutiny, you'd reject them just as easily.

I like conspiracy theories alot of the time its interesting to hear the outside the box thinking, most of em are absolute bat **** crazy nonsense but some of em arent far off the truth and get alot of scientific backing, why dont you tube let people decide what they want to watch?

Alex Jones is a mint, but he has a few nuggets of truth buried in the madness, when he is tempered by the likes of Joe Rogan you can tell he actually knows stuff but cant help himself from going too far over the edge, that it discredits the true stuff he says sometimes.

Cupatae wrote: »
    I like conspiracy theories alot of the time its interesting to hear the outside the box thinking, most of em are absolute bat **** crazy nonsense but some of em arent far off the truth and get alot of scientific backing, why dont you tube let people decide what they want to watch?

Alex Jones is a mint, but he has a few nuggets of truth buried in the madness, when he is tempered by the likes of Joe Rogan you can tell he actually knows stuff but cant help himself from going too far over the edge, that it discredits the true stuff he says sometimes.

You may want to put the kettle on, the onslaught is about to begin...

It is a holocaust document. :confused:

No its not.

This what the document was about. Date is giveaway is not a holocaust document 1940. Nazis were known to experiment with sick people back then and people with mental illness got killed. There nothing in that document that claims they are Jews.

"One of the primary documents used to calculate the number of deaths in the Nazi "euthanasia" program is this register discovered in a locked filing cabinet by US Army troops in 1945 at a killing site in Hartheim, Austria. The right page details by month the number of patients who were "disinfected" in 1940. The final column indicates that 35,224 persons had been put to death that year.

He has a right to his opinion, I don't agree with it. How difficult is that for you to understand?

Incidentally I'm still waiting for you to show where I said I agreed with his opinion, or where I "walked back" on my stance (which has remained consistent). So please provide me with the evidence to back up your claims.
    Ok. So to confirm so there is no more misunderstandings.
    1. You believe that cheerful is engaging in holocaust denial.
    2. You believe is holocaust denial is not acceptable.

Are both of these correct?
    If they are not, then you're going to have to explain why they aren't a walk back on your previous statements.

I believe you are walking back on your previous statments becuase comments like:
    With that said Cheerful spring is not coming across as an antisemite and isn't denying the holocaust occurred at all..
    and
    I stated that Cheerful's stance did not appear to be rooted in antisemitism nor was it indicative of a complete denial of the holocaust.
    Which to me appear to be walking back and qualifying things.

This can be clear up if you just directly state your position rather than telling us what your position is not.

No its not.

This what the document was about. Date is giveaway is not a holocaust document 1940. Nazis were known to experiment with sick people back then and people with mental illness got killed. There nothing in that document that claims they are Jews.

"One of the primary documents used to calculate the number of deaths in the Nazi "euthanasia" program is this register discovered in a locked filing cabinet by US Army troops in 1945 at a killing site in Hartheim, Austria. The right page details by month the number of patients who were "disinfected" in 1940. The final column indicates that 35,224 persons had been put to death that year.
    Cheerful, that is a holocaust document.

Firstly, the holocaust includes more than just jewish people.
    Secondly, many Nazi documents do not outright say they are exterminating Jewish people.

This is getting beyond silly now.

2. You believe is holocaust denial is not acceptable.

Are both of these correct?
    If they are not, then you're going to have to explain why they aren't a walk back on your previous statements.

I believe you are walking back on your previous statments becuase comments like:

and

Which to me appear to be walking back and qualifying things.

This can be clear up if you just directly state your position rather than telling us what your position is not.

I never "walked back" on anything. You haven't provided a shred of evidence to that effect. We are instead to take your word for it that your interpretation of what I said is correct.

I didn't qualify anything, I merely commented that his holocaust denial is not the most extreme I have seen people engage in. It is an endorsement just an observation.

To me holocaust denial is unacceptable. To others it is acceptable. That's the reality of the situation, people have the freedom to have different opinions. I may not agree with them but I respect their right to hold those opinions.

I have been saying these things consistently, much to your displeasure I'm sure. I have in point of fact consistently stated what my position is, you are indulging your imagination to say I haven't, but that seems to be something you engage with some regularity.

I never "walked back" on anything. You haven't provided a shred of evidence to that effect. We are instead to take your word for it that your interpretation of what I said is correct.

I didn't qualify anything, I merely commented that his holocaust denial is not the most extreme I have seen people engage in. It is an endorsement just an observation.

To me holocaust denial is unacceptable. To others it is acceptable. That's the reality of the situation, people have the freedom to have different opinions. I may not agree with them but I respect their right to hold those opinions.

I have been saying these things consistently, much to your displeasure I'm sure.
    2. You believe his holocaust denial is not acceptable.

Are these 2 points correct?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

You may want to put the kettle on, the onslaught is about to begin...

I know... saying Alex Jones is right about anything is going completely against the grain, but he was fairly spot on about Epstein, and wasnt far off about the genetic testing...i think he uncovered some cult some US officials were present in.

But of course you flip the coin and you end up with "SandHook massacre was a hoax" and "interdimentional aliens" ect..

He has a right to his opinion, I don't agree with it.

You are referring to King Mob or Cheerful here?

;)

• Advertisement

Are these 2 points correct?

Is this the remedial conspiracy theory class?

Those two questions have been answered repeatedly. You know my stance, or at least you should. I refuse to engage in this point scoring against another poster. You know I disagree with his opinion. Your ego must be incredibly fragile to engage in this type of nonsense. The need to be right positively jumps off the screen when reading your posts.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You are referring to King Mob or Cheerful here?

;)

Actually it applies to everyone. I would have assumed that it was so obvious it was not worth stating.

Cheerful, that is a holocaust document.

Firstly, the holocaust includes more than just jewish people.
    Secondly, many Nazi documents do not outright say they are exterminating Jewish people.

This is getting beyond silly now.

You can't keep your facts straight. They published the document on a Jewish holocaust website. And yet the documentation does not talk about Jewish deaths?

What holocust are we talking about now?
    You have not posted a single document yet ( you're the silly one)
    You claim there all this research that proves 6 million, but you can't provide any of it to look at, funny that.

Those two questions have been answered repeatedly. You know my stance, or at least you should. I refuse to engage in this point scoring against another poster. You know I disagree with his opinion. Your ego must be incredibly fragile to engage in this type of nonsense. The need to be right positively jumps off the screen when reading your posts.
    Lol lots of personal comments there.

But I'm just asking a simple question to clarify your stance.

I believe based on your comments that:

However I feel that if I stated these things as a fact you would again claim I was misrepresenting you.

Are these two points accurate?

You disagreed with me hours ago and he still can't see it :D:D:D

You can't keep your facts straight. They published the document on a Jewish holocaust website. And yet the documentation does not talk about Jewish deaths?
    Ok. So why does the the "Jewish" holocaust website post it?
    What holocust are we talking about now?
    We're talking about the Holocaust.

Ok. So why does the the "Jewish" holocaust website post it?

We're talking about the Holocaust.

You're the gaslighting king you win rewards :) You tell me you posted it as evidence Nazis kept documentation about the Jewish holocaust:confused:.

You're the gaslighting king you winrewards :)
    I don't think you know what gaslighting is...
    You tell me you posted it as evidence Nazis kept documentation about the Jewish holocaust:confused:.
    They posted it because it is documentation for the Holocaust. They provide several examples to illustrate the types of documents used to verify their research.
    You don't deny that is the case, and I amn't going to be able to convince you otherwise.

So...
    Why do you believe the holocaust museum posted this incorrect document?
    Was it a mistake on their part?

I don't think you know what gaslighting is...

They posted it because it is documentation for the Holocaust. They provide several examples to illustrate the types of documents used to verify their research.
    You don't deny that is the case, and I amn't going to be able to convince you otherwise.

So...
    Why do you believe the holocaust museum posted this incorrect document?
    Was it a mistake on their part?

Why do you lie? If you don't know when the Holocust started, why should anyone believe you?

This is considered the holocaust period. The document you posted from 1940

509737.png

• Advertisement

Why do you lie? If you don't know when the Holocust started, why should anyone believe you?

This is considered the holocaust period. The document you posted from 1940
    Ok. So why does the holocaust museum post it?

Advertisement