Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the worst serial killer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Fred and Rose West is the most disturbing to me, the enormous complicity between the pair in enthusiastically pursing such depraved, sadistic pleasures....not to mention the horrifyingly dysfunctional family life they sought to completely normalise their children to, that was allowed to continue for so, so long without any real external investigation or interruption.

Abducting, murdering, prostituting and raping their own children, with a wide array of willing accomplices and lodgers to boot.

The whole story just beggars belief that it could happen, for so long, and involving so many people.

Makes it hard to believe in any sort of God when you think of what their daughter experienced.
    That was normal in her world.

Then the defenders and sympathisers for people like Hindley in jail. Watched a documentary there a few weeks ago with some fool who wrote her biography (iirc) and believed every bit of her ****.
    Then of course she admitted to her crimes. Not sure what the fool thought then. Don't think the doc showed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

zapitastas wrote: »
    He escaped out of Germany and lived in Argentina for 40 years. That in my mind is getting away with it . Given the utter depravity of the useless experiments he was carrying out and the horrendous suffering he inflicted upon mainly children before he killed them he should have had some serious retribution inflicted upon him. Spending 40 years living in freedom along Argentinian beaches was a sickening end to his story

I do agree with you zapitastas, that is no justice, but at least he spent his lifetime always looking over his shoulder and there were in fact a number of covert operations conducted in an attempt to capture him.

Unit 731's crimes are so disturbing their depravity defies belief yet their commanding officer was able to walk away scott free and begin a new life in America in exchange for his research, all because the US realized there was no way it could get such research due to the horrible and highly illegal methods used to obtain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As regards the death penalty I am fully in favour of it myself. I think it's the fair punishment for premeditated murder.
    I do understand though that there is a good argument against it and I'm not talking about being humane or even that a life sentence is more suffering than the easy way out.
    It's about that the state is making the decision to end a life on your behalf and if you are against the death penalty then you have a right to be very unhappy about it. It's a good argument and I'm pretty much on board with it as much as I feel it's the right punishment for premeditated murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

Chris Watts - a family annihilator more than a serial killer. The video footage on Youtube of him pretending not to know where his family was, only hours after he dropped his baby daughters into oil tanks, is chilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Poll Dubh wrote: »
    Chris Watts - a family annihilator more than a serial killer. The video footage on Youtube of him pretending not to know where his family was, only hours after he dropped his baby daughters into oil tanks, is chilling.

He’s literally smirking throughout that video. And then to top it all off he blames the kid’s deaths on the wife. Scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Ollibelo

Fred and Rose West is the most disturbing to me, the enormous complicity between the pair in enthusiastically pursing such depraved, sadistic pleasures....not to mention the horrifyingly dysfunctional family life they sought to completely normalise their children to, that was allowed to continue for so, so long without any real external investigation or interruption.

Abducting, murdering, prostituting and raping their own children, with a wide array of willing accomplices and lodgers to boot.

The whole story just beggars belief that it could happen, for so long, and involving so many people.

I've just watched Fred and Rose - The West Murders on YouTube as a result of this thread.
    It's incredulous.
    At the end of it, I'm not sure who was the leader of it. Both seem to be professional liars.
    The house was run as a brothel. And they had children there.
    People must have known something?
    Although the documentary mentioned they portrayed a facade of a loving family... But surely people would have known men were constantly coming and going from the house...

It's very hard to comprehend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Don’t think I’ve ever read anything as sick. Feel a bit weak after that. I couldn’t finish the article

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The made an episode of Scott and Bailey a few years ago and it was very similar to Fred and Rose West apart from it was young men/teenagers the killed and abused instead of women.
    The strange thing was one of the men that escaped the house was called Philip Cairns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

branie2 wrote: »
    Jeffrey Dahmer. He had body parts all over his flat

As if that's not bad enough, one of his victims managed to escape and tried to get help from two police officers. They believed Dahmer that it was just a "lovers tiff" and sent him back there. The victim was only 14 I think and had a hole in his head from a drill! And the police even went into the apartment and saw nothing amiss. Stuff of nightmares

I wonder if Fred and Rosemary had never met each other would they still have done similar things or did they bring the worse out in each other. I guess neither would ever have been great but would they have sought out similar characters anyway.. Similarly in the Jamie Bulger case, what were the chances of 2 young boys getting together and committing murder surely it must be very small or is there a leader and a follower in these scenarios.. Off topic slightly but it often crosses my mind when the cases are mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Don’t think I’ve ever read anything as sick. Feel a bit weak after that. I couldn’t finish the article

Didn't read the article , the headline was enough to make me sick tbh :(

I don't agree with the death penalty for various reasons , but when it comes to child rape/murder it makes me reconsider my opinion .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    As if that's not bad enough, one of his victims managed to escape and tried to get help from two police officers. They believed Dahmer that it was just a "lovers tiff" and sent him back there. The victim was only 14 I think and had a hole in his head from a drill! And the police even went into the apartment and saw nothing amiss. Stuff of nightmares

And a body was nearly discovered that day, when a policeman poked his head into a room, and missed spotting the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

After reading this thread I looked up rose west on Wikipedia as I'm aware of the general outline of what they did but I could barely finish her wiki entry. What the actual **** ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Shankhill Butchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The West's both grew up being sexually abused themselves, Fred by his mother and Rose by her father. NOT that that's any excuse for what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    After reading this thread I looked up rose west on Wikipedia as I'm aware of the general outline of what they did but I could barely finish her wiki entry. What the actual **** ?

I'm going for a look now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Aleksandr Rubel

Killed 6 people over the space of a year. Convicted and sentenced to the maximum allowable under Estonian law at that time - 8 years. Released in 2006 and currently believed to be living in Ukraine.

His ridiculous sentence was because he was tried as a minor, he was 17 years old during his killing spree

AleksandrRubel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Aleksandr Rubel

Killed 6 people over the space of a year. Convicted and sentenced to the maximum allowable under Estonian law at that time - 8 years. Released in 2006 and currently believed to be living in Ukraine.

His ridiculous sentence was because he was tried as a minor, he was 17 years old during his killing spree

AleksandrRubel.jpg

Should be locked up for life for the Peter Andre hoodie alone!

The Zodiac Killer. I don't think he was ever caught, though

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Robert Wolfe

Aleksandr Rubel

His ridiculous sentence was because he was tried as a minor, he was 17 years old during his killing]

Guarantee you he gets laid like a rock star.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Macdarack wrote: »
    I'm going for a look now.

Horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    If that was a scene in a horror movie, people would slate it an unbelievable. Crazy how he managed to pull it off. That poor kid. He did everything right. Escaped and found the police, only to have them return him to his capture. The psychological torture that must have caused him is unimaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Watch on YouTube Tales of the unexpected - Flypaper.

It always has freaked me out a bit and it’s like a forewarning of the scumbag west’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

branie2 wrote: »
    And a body was nearly discovered that day, when a policeman poked his head into a room, and missed spotting the body.

I can't fathom how they didn't notice tbh. Wasn't there body parts in the fridge or cooking on the stove also at the time? Everyone says the smell of death in unmistakable and it is. Once there was a dead rat in the bushes in my garden and I knew right away something was dead in there despite never smelling it before. You'd think police officers would be more observant.

I think the guy who escaped only to be sent back had a brother who was also killed by Dahmer too.

he did

I hadn't heard of Dean Corll till last year, remarkably prolific but mostly forgotten.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Myra Hindley and Ian Brady - anyone who targets children is the lowest of the low.

Josef Mengele and the many like minded individuals involved in the holocaust - I can’t begin to understand the mindset of someone who thinks treating an entire race the way they treated the Jews is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

What about Sawney Bean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I listen to a lot of true crime podcasts and stuff. The one about him sticks out as the worst I’ve encountered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Something I always wondered was we get people like gangs who murder several people. Why are they not labeled serial killers? They kill multiple victims. The few high profile gangs we have in Ireland kill regularly and have done foe decades in some cases. Are they not serial killers?

Advertisement