Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Ice Warning for Ireland 29 Jan to 03 Feb 2019 *See Mod Note in OP *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Keeper-Hill-snow.jpg

Keeper Hill

Snow-Panorama3.jpg

The thing with fog is you never know what it's going to do next. Back out with the camera and I think all is forgiven now. Lucky I did, because it's rolled back in again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭prunudo

Have about 8 inches, difficult to walk through, had couple of avalanches from the roof, an awful noise :eek:

Nice pictures, where abouts in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

GFS prob not too meaningful at short range showing a lot of snow for Dublin tomorrow

This far out it’s better to ignore the low resolution models and stick to the high res ones.

But they still show a huge variance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Please be careful on the roads out there people, just back from bringing the other half’s car in home after writing off the car, nobody injured thank god but be careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

How do you add the photos from iPhone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Go to full site from the tab at bottom
    Then reply and under the reply box,there's a manage attachments
    Click on that
    Choose file from your phone
    Tap upload
    Then exit at the bottom and write your post
    You can add 5 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Villain wrote: »
    This far out it’s better to ignore the low resolution models and stick to the high res ones.

But they still show a huge variance.

Any Harmonie update?

irishfeen wrote: »
    Please be careful on the roads out there people, just back from bringing the other half’s car in home after writing off the car, nobody injured thank god but be careful!

Sorry to hear but at least no one injured. The roads were in a bad way in Cork earlier and probably still bad where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Lots of black ice has formed through the afternoon, will start to get very dangerous as it gets dark, I could feel the car moving around as I drove home from Galway city.
    Lets see what tomorrow brings!

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    The dew points for Cork tomorrow are not good but they are for Dublin....freezing or below for the Capital. That bodes well.

Have a look at this site.

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/ireland/cork

Have you ever had a message that wasn’t east or Dublin v cork?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

about 3/4 degrees in Cork City atm. Snow is mostly melted away in the center but still some around in the suburbs and in my north facing house. Rain tonight and tomorrow will get rid of that though :( . Dont actually think there will be ice tomorrow either.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

irishfeen wrote: »

Ouch... deeply thankful all are safe

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Mortelaro wrote: »

Go to full site from the tab at bottom
    Then reply and under the reply box,there's a manage attachments
    Click on that
    Choose file from your phone
    Tap upload
    Then exit at the bottom and write your post
    You can add 5 I think

That didn’t work at all. There doesn’t see to be an option for full site anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

about 3/4 degrees in Cork City atm. Snow is mostly melted away in the center but still some around in the suburbs and in my north facing house. Rain tonight and tomorrow will get rid of that though :( . Dont actually think there will be ice tomorrow either.

Hope you're right as have a hosp appt at 8am. Passage West was terrible last night/this morning for driving.

Any Harmonie update?

Certainly a downgrade on yesterday but still showing snow for some areas tomorrow evening, it’s not far off Hirlam if you look at that.

There will be ice early in the night but should be gone once the rain hits at dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

That didn’t work at all. There doesn’t see to be an option for full site anywhere

Most mobile browsers will have an option for "Desktop Site"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Charlestown co mayo 30/01/19
    CkBSytb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

y7t5h7bl

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

So are we ruling out north cork now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

jvan wrote: »
    Nice pictures, where abouts in the country?

Sorry, forgot the location thingy was gone, south east corner of Co. Sligo up in the mountains at 255m

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

What about Tallaght. Mountains fit some last night but tonight is supposed t be a proper shower. Hoping Tallaght gets baited. Nice day off work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Burts Bee wrote: »

I'd love to have more snow, but I can't deal with the idiots that can't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

So the latest Hirlam run is showing this for 9am in the morning and similar for 4pm tomorrow, based on this alone, that could be Orange Alert territory for some counties?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

My local area was a no go travel wise earlier today but nearly all of the snow has thawed out now. N22 Cork to Killarney road was dodgy in places this morning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Rule out nowhere in the 26 counties I'd say but right now most guidance suggests only very northern Cork might get snow. Depends which model you look at. No matter where you live you can find at least one model right now that looks good for you. There are a few models (the minority) that still look good for my location in Cork suburbs.

Drove Dublin to Cork this morning. A real winter wonderland from Tipp southward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    ECM's latest take regarding snowfall potential for tomorra:

1APLiPx.gif

Changes with every run, so take with pinch.

Didn't think there was that many counties in Ulster

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

If you are high elevation a possibility but I think the front has pushed too far north for us. When the front retreats there is a possibility of wintry precipitation depending on timing.

Also FYI if you want to see precip from Harmonie it is accessible via https://www.dmi.dk/vejr/til-lands/vejrkort/ but doesn't show type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Why was Evelyn Cusack just on a news report saying she doesnt expect snow to stick?

Advertisement