Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There is a legendary Avenging Herald......

jesus....

Altho mine seems broken lately, raptors deadeye doesnt always kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Having a strange issue with storm last night,every now and then abilities and ult just refuse to fire.

Mashing the button nothing happening. Seems firing a weapon or dropping out of hover seems to fix it sometimes but it happens regualr enough to be annoying.

Also just couldnt get in temple of scar last night,the game kept putting me in the same lobby which was glitched and couldnt progress.

On the plus side i picked up a ton of masterworks,probably the most ive got in one night so at least RnG didnt fail me last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Finally on the last story mission. For me the first 2 hours of the game were great. The game lost its way for the majority of the middle section, but the final quarter of the game has been great. The story and the missions are much better.

I cant help be feel like Bioware had a decent story planned for this game. They started strong and finished stronger but 60% chunk in the middle is a mess. Its like Bioware wanted to do "X" but EA came in and said we want this game launched Q1 2019. Bioware explained that the game is not ready or finished, EA said "we don't care, cut the game into sections that are finished and join them together to make a game". Some of the middle section just makes no sense.

Such a shame. Still enjoying it though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

None of my regular PC gaming friends are playing this so i joined the reddit anthem discord last night to find a group for GM2 freeplay as its the best way to find masterwork components.
    Within 5 minutes i was in a full group, 90 minutes later amounted to probably the best 90 mins ive had in the game.
    World event after world event spawning everywhere,plenty of masterworks dropping, 2 guys got a legendary drop.
    All in a fantastic experience with not a loading screen in sight, highly recommend.

/r/AnthemTheGame
    Then join the lfg-eu and whatever format you play on.

Dethridge`s reaction to my lucky legendary drop :)

https://clips.twitch.tv/ClearInspiringTomatoFreakinStinkin

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    None of my regular PC gaming friends are playing this so i joined the reddit anthem discord last night to find a group for GM2 freeplay as its the best way to find masterwork components.
    Within 5 minutes i was in a full group, 90 minutes later amounted to probably the best 90 mins ive had in the game.
    World event after world event spawning everywhere,plenty of masterworks dropping, 2 guys got a legendary drop.
    All in a fantastic experience with not a loading screen in sight, highly recommend.

/r/AnthemTheGame
    Then join the lfg-eu and whatever format you play on.

Will jump on there after the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

ZiabR wrote: »
    I understand that most of you are putting the blame firmly in Bioware's court but I just don't see it that way. I have completed plenty of software development projects over the years and this is where the Q&A team would come in.

Sony should be involved with all software that they are allowing to be used with their hardware. Presumably their Q&A teams cleared the game, and all subsequent patches to be used and it is Sony's OS that is crashing from the game. The worst thing that should ever happen when software crashes is that the software hangs (but not the hardware) or you crash back to the desktop, where you can relaunch that application.

A full system brick shows serious flaws in Bioware's software AND Sony's OS and Hardware. That and the fact that the Sony Q&A team are clearly not testing correctly before approving patches.

While I admit the issue does sound like a memory leak or the likes, linked to Bioware's code, there is just no way a memory leak or software crash should have complete control over hardware. Some of the blame has to lie with Sony.

It's not isolated to PS4, I've had a few hard restarts on my Xbox now as well with more reports starting to creep in. Doesn't seem as widespread as the PS4 but it's definitely causing issues on Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

goon_magee wrote: »
    It's not isolated to PS4, I've had a few hard restarts on my Xbox now as well with more reports starting to creep in. Doesn't seem as widespread as the PS4 but it's definitely causing issues on Xbox

It hasn't bricked your Xbox though.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It hasn't bricked your Xbox though.

And for the most part it isn't bricking PS4's. My point is just that the general problem is causing Xboxes to completely shut down as well.

goon_magee wrote: »
    And for the most part it isn't bricking PS4's. My point is just that the general problem is causing Xboxes to completely shut down as well.

But apparently it has bricked some PS4s. Obviously if it's crashing on all platforms it's a Bioware issue but it's only PS4 so far that has had some bricked machines and obviously that's a Sony issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

But apparently it has bricked some PS4s. Obviously if it's crashing on all platforms it's a Bioware issue but it's only PS4 so far that has had some bricked machines and obviously that's a Sony issue.

how is that a sony issue?

how is that a sony issue?

Well if the game is crashing on Xbox and PC and that doesn't cause them to brick I'd say the PS4s bricking is a Sony issue.

Not sure how your not seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well if the game is crashing on Xbox and PC and that doesn't cause them to brick I'd say the PS4s bricking is a Sony issue.

A hard shut down of any system can cause corruption to the hard drive, just because it was some unlucky bastard with a PS4 that it happened to doesn't mean it couldn't happen to an Xbox or PC.

Venom wrote: »
    A hard shut down of any system can cause corruption to the hard drive, just because it was some unlucky bastard with a PS4 that it happened to doesn't mean it couldn't happen to an Xbox or PC.

Until it happens on Xbox or PC as well we won't know 100% though will we?

Like it's a huge community and so far it's only PS4s being bricked and not any of the others. I'm sure we would have seen posts if it had happened to them as well.

Until it happens on Xbox or PC as well we won't know 100% though will we?

Like it's a huge community and so far it's only PS4s being bricked and not any of the others. I'm sure we would have seen posts if it had happened to them as well.

I was under the impression it was just one PS4 owner that the console bricking happened to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hopefully PlayStation are working 24/7 to fix this disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Happened with elite dangerous on PS4 with their last update too. In that case it turned out to be connected to having the game on extended storage.

Venom wrote: »
    I was under the impression it was just one PS4 owner that the console bricking happened to?

No I saw another 7 or 8 on Reddit saying theirs was bricked as well. Saw others complaining on Twitter then yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Heelz vs Babyface has a vid up about the level 1 weapons :)

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Read the 2nd post ;) :rolleyes:

i'm not seeing it because it's wrongheaded to say the hardware is causing the fault. Bioware have officially stated a fix for this "rare issue" by rebooting the ps4 in safemode. This kind of mess should never have passed QA. Even if it is rare, shipping a game that can cause that to happen to a machine, regardless of which console it is, is just bad business.

This kind of mess should never have passed QA. Even if it is rare, shipping a game that can cause that to happen to a machine, regardless of which console it is, is just bad business.

You are wrong on 2 points...

1) The game didn't ship with this bug, the bug was introduced after a patch
    2) Sony's Q&A are just as responsible as Bioware's. As I mentioned in my previous post, all games/patches have to pass rigorous Q&A from Microsoft and Sony before patches etc are released. Sony dropped the ball on this one as much as Bioware made a b*lls of it.

Thought it was shipped with that bug, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Thought it was shipped with that bug, my bad

Same here because players have stated that it was in the beta too.

Its so obvious at this stage that EA pushed this game out 6 months ahead of time.
    But 6 years in the making? It seems most gaming devs simply do not employ gamers at all these days,this has to change.

We are not gamers anymore guys we are beta testers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Its so obvious at this stage that EA pushed this game out 6 months ahead of time.
    But 6 years in the making? It seems most gaming devs simply do not employ gamers at all these days,this has to change.
    I think; and this is only based on what I've read online; that Anthem went through a similar deal as Destiny 1 and Vanguard (for those old enough to remember it). That is they started developing game A; someone did not like it / changed vision and they started turning it into game B. However new leadership and crunch time meant they could not deliver B and had to settle for a hogpotch with a hope to fix it post game launch.

An example of this was above in regards to the story missions; there is cut up mentioned in the Angry Joe review how you meet a NPC (first time) and you greet as previously known each other. Then in one of the final missions you meet the same NPC again and you get introduced to him as if it's the first time. This also aligns with the complaint that the first few and last few missions are great while the middle is boring. The start and finish missions were part of what was developed as per the story plan for B and the rest is the rushed in filler content due to lack of time.

I'd not be surprised if in a year or two we'll start to hear the stories of what actually happened in development and the last minute changes implemented. The why could be EA, it could be a new game lead etc. and the actual "game development" for what was released will turn out to be in the 6 to 18 month time span in practice and not the vaunted 6 years and of said 6 years a lot of the time was simply working out game engine issue more so than game play development per say.

We are not gamers anymore guys we are beta testers.

Sadly, thats the way the industry has gone. At the same time though, you have remember that games are 20-50 times the size they used to be years ago. You have hundreds of millions of dollars on budgets for games. Developing a game in todays world takes as long, if not longer than some blockbuster films.

AAA games have bigger budgets than many films. Look at the Lord of the Rings, or Avatar. Red Dead 2 had 2-3 times the budget of these films. The shear amount of content means that there are ALWAYS going to be bugs and issues. I am not excusing the bugs, I am just saying that they are a by product of development size.

Any AAA game released in the last 2 years has had public beta launches and many have had early access launches.

Developers need gamers to test their software. This is just the new norm. For better or worse, its here to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

ZiabR wrote: »
    Sadly, thats the way the industry has gone. At the same time though, you have remember that games are 20-50 times the size they used to be years ago. You have hundreds of millions of dollars on budgets for games. Developing a game in todays world takes as long, if not longer than some blockbuster films.

AAA games have bigger budgets than many films. Look at the Lord of the Rings, or Avatar. Red Dead 2 had 2-3 times the budget of these films. The shear amount of content means that there are ALWAYS going to be bugs and issues. I am not excusing the bugs, I am just saying that they are a by product of development size.

Any AAA game released in the last 2 years has had public beta launches and many have had early access launches.

Developers need gamers to test their software. This is just the new norm. For better or worse, its here to stay.

Exactly budgets of hundreds of millions so games being bigger is not an excuse I'm buying anymore.

• Advertisement

Patch out next Wednesday.

I did that reddit thing last night, the lads I joined were getting legionaries till i joined, got several MW that I already had :(

Advertisement