Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont mind that but not sure if people are aware that the special bonuses move to other weapons. Reddit people dont seem to be aware.

My Ranger has Avenging Herald which gives me 200% damage whilst hovering. My Siege Breaker freezes the target and my Last Argument gives 700% damage and near instant ultimate charge.

So......
    Hover
    Fire 2 shots with Avenging Herald
    +200 is turned on now.
    Fire 3 rounds with Siege Breaker (+200 with every shot).
    Target is frozen
    Hit them with grenade from the air for +700%
    Ultimate is charged.
    Also my Assault Launcher is recurring vengance which has instant recharge if I get a kill with it, so I mix that in with the above for a fairly impressive light show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Got the dash ability for the Interceptor, it's great for handling snipers and getting to gun turrets.
    There is a spot right under the turrets where they can't shoot you, so I've been dashing them and using melee.
    Probably won't be able to do that at higher difficulties.
    Power is at 120, I'm uncommon now. \o/

What Javelins are everyone running by the way?
    I read somewhere that Colossus and Storm are the most popular, followed by the Ranger and finally Interceptor which would back up what I've seen so far.

I mostly use ranger which I reckon is the worst of them all.

Storm > interceptor >Colossus>>>>>>>....>Ranger

Ranger is 477 and others are all 456.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I've been going with Colossus as my main, his trash mob clearing is invaluable the harder the difficulty gets.

I did start using the Ranger last night though and think his single target damage is pretty useful at taking down elites/shielded enemies/turrets. Using the machine pistol with the point blank damage buff of 110% to burn a shield down then applying and acid debuff followed by a grenade detonation pretty much shreds anything that isn't a boss.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Started with Ranger, then moved onto Storm. Got the Colossus after that, but don't really like it that much (haven't really given it much of a chance to be fair).

Love the Storm though...all that lightening and blinking around the place can't be beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

probably a simple thing I'm missing, but whats the story with Multikills? I've the tomb checklist available to me, and it seems like I've done at least some of everything except for getting a multikill (and I've definitely cleared mobs with my ult, so not sure what I'm missing).

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

probably a simple thing I'm missing, but whats the story with Multikills? I've the tomb checklist available to me, and it seems like I've done at least some of everything except for getting a multikill (and I've definitely cleared mobs with my ult, so not sure what I'm missing).

From a post on Reddit: Multi-kill is “eight kills with a 10 second timeout between each (which resets every time you get a kill)”. So it’s not how many people you kill in one go, it’s how many you kill in a set time period.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have all at 440+ with colossus at 490, colossus is a total beast can do every job in the game be it tanking,ranged dps,melee dps,combos allover the shot whatever is needed the colossus does it all very well.

I enjoy them all as they all play very differently, even if you play just one you can build whatever way you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've played Interceptor pretty much exclusively. I originally picked it due to being pretty different to my usual choices and deliberately getting out of that comfort zone but any time I try another class they just feel soooooo sloooooooowwwww :).

The power jump once you do start getting MWs and Legendaries is nuts. I mean in a few hours I went from kinda squishy to a war god who can face stomp bosses.... in a class that is meant to be sneaky. And I love that they have enough diversity in perks to really make me think about my build now, as I said above that's how the game should be from the start instead of trying to pile on equipment that by chance has extra shields/armour etc. but still going with the same kit for handiness sake.

• Advertisement

Yeah the interceptor is a lot of fun, the movement possibilities are insane.
    One issue is i cannot bind left alt to bash with my thumb for melee, thats what i use for melee in warframe, wish they would sort that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

started this yesterday, was off sick and put a good 8 hours or so into it. played up to the first stronghold and a mission or two beyond it.

unbiased impressions -

Opens strong, flying feels cool, the world looks great, went with storm javelin, and have gotten some pretty cool abilities. Playing the missions on hard difficulty by default as easy felt lacking.
    Tutorial wise I feel like they could have done a little more with regards explaining the ins and outs of your suits abilities, your very much left to figure it out for yourself. not sure how combos work, some times it pops up, more times it doesn't.
    Fort Tarsis - its like a different game that's been sandwiched into it. Conversations seem meaningless enough for the most part, and all the voice actors have this weird delivery where its like they're talking / responding too fast.

It might become clear at the endgame, but the launch bay area - it feels like at some stage this will become similar to the tower in destiny, removing the need to plod around fort tarsis in first person perspective?
    I'm happy enough to keep playing, hard to tell yet what kind of staying power it'll have, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Hard difficulty should probably be the standard.

Didnt notice any replies regarding combos. Theres basically two types of abilities from what i know:

Primers: These have a little circle in front of there name in the forge. Use them to set up enemies for detonation.

Detonaters: These have a little star like symbol before their name in the forge. Use these to detonate primed enemies.

Hit an enemy with your primer,they should have a little debuff symbol over there heads,then use detonator. Also notice that if your not quick to detonate another player can also detonate your primer taking the combo. The primer will then have to be re applied. In good squads there is just a constant kerching noise from the combos

Also from what i gather not every type of damage can detonate a target primed with a different type of damage. Still working that out.

Not every enemy can be primed,bosses for instance cant be frozen solid,hence cant be detonated for a combo. Storm ult can combo a boss if you drop every circles on them one after another.

Getting closer to level 30,just shy of 28 atm. Ive found burning orb as detonator and ice storm as a primer to be a good combo,frost shards and lightning bolt a close second. If you have decent regen on you abilities through component slots even better as ice storm can take a little bit to regen,although it has 3 uses when fully charged and each use returning is calculated individually which i think is a nice touch.

Drowning in purples now at this point. I can see why people were critical of the end of campaign loot,its just a stream of very similar stuff. Gonna get to level 30 and stick the game on grandmaster 1,for freeplay at least.

While the story of the campaign wasnt great and the frequent trips to tarsis were way to frequent,i felt it was an ok introduction to the game,not story wise but just a gradual buildup to higher tier gear. Was only by the time i hit about level 20 that i wanted the story to finish and just get to the higher level stuff. I finished the campaign at level 24.5. All played on hard difficulty.

Rather than adding more to that stupidly long post,i just ask here is ther an alliance set up for PC?

Not as of yet but anyone on friends list is automatically in your alliance i think?
    Feel free to add me on PC Cully_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Dcully wrote: »
    Have all at 440+ with colossus at 490, colossus is a total beast can do every job in the game be it tanking,ranged dps,melee dps,combos allover the shot whatever is needed the colossus does it all very well.

I enjoy them all as they all play very differently, even if you play just one you can build whatever way you wish.

Still only play Colossus myself as that's what the team normally needs. Its a great Javelin but the thruster life is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

PC patch is out .... 46GB :eek:

Edit - NM, false alarm. It stated that was the download size in preparation phase and then dropped to 3GB for the download.

Carry on, nothing to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Deleted a load of stuff to make room. Still won't dl

Been having issues since the patch. After downloading last night and booting up, both the missus and I had persistent audio and stuttering issues as well as disconnects. After both getting disconnected from a mission simultaneously, we called it a night. Game won't load at all now, seems the file was corrupted or something. Going to reinstall when home from work and see if that helps.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Performance for me has been poor since the day 1 patch. I was playing 1440p ultra with solid experience, now it's stuttering like mad. CPU is around 70% and GPU barely gets above 80%. Even when I'm getting 90+ fps it doesn't feel smooth anymore.

Seeing similar reports on Resetra and Reddit.

I should probably flag I'm playing on an Xbox One X.

• Advertisement

Is this another patch or just yesterdays one again? Dont see any patch notes for it.

Yesterday's patch.

Performance for me has been poor since the day 1 patch. I was playing 1440p ultra with solid experience, now it's stuttering like mad. CPU is around 70% and GPU barely gets above 80%. Even when I'm getting 90+ fps it doesn't feel smooth anymore.

Seeing similar reports on Resetra and Reddit.

Yeah same here since that patch. Solid 100 to 144 fps but feels stuttery.1440p
    8600k 4.9ghz 1080TI

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like Freeplay is broken. No events spawning.

Yeah same here since that patch. Solid 100 to 144 fps but feels stuttery.1440p
    8600k 4.9ghz 1080TI

Try the below settings in NVIDIA control panel. Seems to have helped me a fair bit. I just set up application specific settings.....

- Texture Filtering High performances
    - Power management High performances
    - Threaded Optimization ON
    - Vsync OFF
    - Prerendered virtual frames 2
    - Maximum prerendered frames 2
    - Triple buffering OFF

Sound won't be online next few,days but will do then.

Are legendary contracts not meant to guarantee a masterwork drop? Just did my arcanist one and got fcuk all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Plenty of events spawning for me free play is working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Its freeplay GM 2 for me someitmes there is feck all going on,no missions no spawns..frustrating sometimes

Feck,picked up a masterwork just the the end of a mission,instead of getting end screen was booted to main menu. Pressed space to get it going again,was thrown straight back into the last fight of the same mission. Picked up another masterwork and now the game cant find the server:(

Hope i have the masterworks in inventory when i do manage to get it to connect!

Edit
    Sweet they were there:)

• Advertisement

I got Ralners Blaze, combine that with Avenging Herald and Raptors Dead Eye = everything dies.

Advertisement