Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I hadnt even red that earlier when i was getting the feeling that bioware dont really understand their own loot system,the more i read the more convinced i am that they are stumped and dont really know how to fix it,hence the few months before they can literally build a new system for loot.

Ye can even feel something is off playing,some missions on GM2 its a breeze,i seem to be invincible,the very next mission im getting one shotted and the like. I have a feeling its something to do with group scaling because nothing changes between missions other than the players im grouped with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

goon_magee wrote: »

Jeez, thats nuts... must give that a go tonight to see the impact it has.

They said it will be fixed in 1.0.4 patch, so obviously just confirming that its a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Summary
    Update 1.04 is planned to be released next week. Specifics are yet TBA. Patch notes will be released shortly before the patch goes live (and they are hefty - 13 pages long on Word). As always, plans can still change so please bear this in mind.

Elysian Caches
    Elysian caches are available at the end of Strongholds when the boss has been killed
    They can contain vanity items and crafting embers
    You get a key for the cache by completing a select daily challenge
    Everyone in the squad receives the rewards, so if all 4 players have keys, you will get 4 rewards
    The number of keys is listed in Fort Tarsis next to how much coin you have
    Forge improvements
    There is now no loading screen to get into the Forge
    It can be accessed anywhere from Fort Tarsis
    All equipped components are now listed under the weapons and gear
    These improvements are an incremental step to Forge improvements
    A stat screen is still being investigated. No news to share yet.
    Loot
    Stronghold bosses still guarantee one Masterwork on GM difficulty, but now the remaining loot can be rolled for Masterworks/Legendaries
    Strongholds and freeplay chests will see improved drop rates for rarer gear
    Legendary missions
    Legendary missions will be added to the game. These are more difficult, replayable critical path missions.
    There will be 6 missions on release, with one playable each day.
    There will be an apex creature at the end of each mission - these can be either an Ursix, Titan, Luminary or Fury
    You do not need to start conversations with NPCs to initiate these missions - they will always be on the map
    FOV Options
    FOV sliders have been added to the PC version of the game. The options include:

Ground FOV
    Zoomed FOV
    Pilot FOV
    Flight FOV
    Swim FOV
    Miscellaneous changes, improvements and fixes
    NVIDIA DLSS support has been added. SLI support is still being looked into.
    There is the usual performance optimisations included. This is described as being an ongoing project that is never finished.
    Salvaging in the vault should be near instant now.
    Lots of fog walls have been removed, especially in Strongholds.
    More improvements have been made to bugged quickplay missions. If a missions has surpassed a 15 minute timer, you can no longer be matchmade into it.
    You can also no longer be matchmade into a Stronghold after two minutes have elapsed (quickplay is not included in this).
    The bug where you respawn timer would reset if your revive was cancelled has been fixed.
    The bug where you could no longer interact with the environment or revive teammates has been fixed.
    Javelin thrusters have been improved by 20% across the board. Overheat time has similarly been reduced by 20%.
    You now hold the melee button to melee with Interceptor, instead of repeatedly mashing it. This change has not been made for the ultimate ability, however.
    More universal components have been added. One example is Acid Slugs, which improves Shotgun damage and applies the acid effect if 7 pellets hit the enemy.
    There have been various fixes and buffs to Masterwork components.
    The inconsistent armour bug should have been addressed, but please feed back if you are still experiencing issues.
    The bug where Strongholds/missions/contracts go missing from your map has been fixed.
    Masterwork ember drop rates have been increased.
    Improvements have been made to address the "Pilot data error" issue.
    Consumables can now be sorted by name/rarity.
    When diving into deep water, the transition is now smoother.
    Still being looked into/investigated
    Javelins receiving Legendary/Masterwork components that fit in the wrong Javelin
    Power scaling issues
    New enemies and new story additions
    Better in-game communication systems
    A stats screen
    Achievements not popping
    Support gear Masterworks
    SLI support
    Increased inventory space

Next weeks patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

No loading screen for the forge and better loot. Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ValdasANS

Cant wait to try it getting a free copy with my new GPU

I'll probably try the legendary missions but they don't seem to guarantee a masterwork which is complete bull****.

Origin access sub ran out yesterday,hadnt really played in a few days anyway so not to bothered.
    Wont be renewing it anyway.

Feel ive got enough from the game atm and will revisit when the first major new content drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Liam9653

I had high expectations for this game, which broke. I do not regret buying, but now I see no reason to play it at all. When you reach the maximum level in the game and go through the whole plot, the game simply has nothing more to offer. World events are not displayed on the map in any way. This is a big minus, in Destiny the realization of this moment is much more convenient and in it is to compare them to play them is much more interesting than in Anthem.
    I hope and believe that it will be finalized, there is potential :)

So elysian caches won't have actual armour pieces in the game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/03/23/anthems-new-cosmetic-elysian-caches-are-not-going-to-contain-cosmetic-armor/amp/

BioWare and EA can genuinely **** off at this stage. I defended the game at launch cause the core gameplay loop was so much fun and I thought the game deserved the same chance that other looter shooters received, but it's clear these fools clearly haven't got a ****ing clue what they're doing and should have just left the genre alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Interesting article on how Bioware went wrong with Anthem
    https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Interesting article on how Bioware went wrong with Anthem
    https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

Looks like Bioware are making it worse as they are having a wee bit of a tiff with the author of the above article.

http://blog.bioware.com/2019/04/02/anthem-game-development/ the response from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

It's a very damning piece, thing is ....EA are pretty blameless here. Bio seems to have faffed about for what 5/6 years? Then s**t the bed when EA asked where their game was. You would have thought that after Andromeda they would have copped on. The game was only testable and playable within 12 months of its launch.

I love to say I told you so. "The Roadmap"

Tbf It's both a combination of EA's fault and Bioware

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

You're quite right to in fairness :pac:

I defended this game for a good while but it's clearly a complete mess.

More on this; Is this the type of working environment the likes of EA are fostering

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-02-bioware-admits-theres-room-to-improve-after-new-report-reveals-worrying-impact-of-crunch-during-troubled-development-of-anthem

BioWare admits there's "room to improve" after new report reveals worrying impact of crunch during troubled development of Anthem
    "Depression and anxiety are an epidemic within Bioware..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Core combat is fun as hell, pity about the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Grinded for about 3 hrs today and got 3 legend mods, game proceeded to load to the forge. Got to the forge and nothing there.....went into freeplay again and loaded back out....NOTHING.

Logged out and logged back in NOTHING.

Lost.

So disappointed in this game.

They are making it so so hard to play it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Grinded for about 3 hrs today and got 3 legend mods, game proceeded to load to the forge. Got to the forge and nothing there.....went into freeplay again and loaded back out....NOTHING.

Logged out and logged back in NOTHING.

Lost.

So disappointed in this game.

They are making it so so hard to play it....

I'd come back to it in a years time. If they stick with it I am sure it will come good, eventually.

Played the game for 60hrs,enjoyed most of it bar at the end when the end game loot just became a mess and the lack of stuff to run really bit.

People love to bandwagon,also angry joe? Expected to watch a 40 minute video of that donkey just to get a poster point? Gimme a break.

The crunch stuff is bad,it seems endemic to the games industry. The stress of working in these types of enviroments must be awful. Dont really see how it can be regulated other than with local labour law. Which usually means countries with weaker labour laws could be exploited.

Sad state of affairs,when corporations are not happy making billions and want more,you have to ask what does capatilism in its extreme forms like this really add to the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

EoinHef wrote: »
    Played the game for 60hrs,enjoyed most of it bar at the end when the end game loot just became a mess and the lack of stuff to run really bit.

People love to bandwagon,also angry joe? Expected to watch a 40 minute video of that donkey just to get a poster point? Gimme a break.

The crunch stuff is bad,it seems endemic to the games industry. The stress of working in these types of enviroments must be awful. Dont really see how it can be regulated other than with local labour law. Which usually means countries with weaker labour laws could be exploited.

Sad state of affairs,when corporations are not happy making billions and want more,you have to ask what does capatilism in its extreme forms like this really add to the world.

But in this instance it's the people in charge of the dev studio and not the publisher who are at fault. Years were spent faffing with no concrete plan of what the game was or going to be. The E3 trailer was a total fake, something I think you wouldn't get away in other industries.

If even half of the Kotaku article is correct then anyone who bought the game at full price was scammed.

"$60 Beta testers" Joe ain't wrong there.

Jesus man give it a rest man. Lording it up cause a game has flopped somewhat, very mature of you.

"Love to say I told you so".... If I remember correctly your criticism was over the term roadmap in general. Just because Anthem has launched in this state doesn't make your hollow, uneducated generalisation of games that launch with a roadmap/content plan was correct.

I'm currently playing The Division 2, the game launched with more content than I know what to do with and a roadmap....but I suppose you'll try and say a game that gave me the guts of a 100 hours out the gate before I ran out of fresh things to do was unfinished due to it having a roadmap....?

As much as it might pain you to hear, Anthem's initial failure doesn't validate your hatred of live service games or games that launch with a content plan.

I am actually amazed that biowares development process is so crazy and they have something called bioware magic that screwed them up.

I feel really bad for the employees, how horrible can something be when you have allot of mental breaks on a game development. How sad is it that employees were unhappy that Dragon Age inquisition did badly because they knew the company wouldnt change its practices.

It's why I like Schriers article, bioware didn't loose their touch they just have been treating their Dev staff very badly for years and it accumulated in what was released.

The response did them no real favors, 19 devs contacted and worked with Kotaku before the article.

I think this case just shows that maybe there is credibility to the unionization of the dev industry .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

its like what i said back at release, the core people involved with biowares past successes have gone, its a shell developer with the logo bioware now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'd come back to it in a years time. If they stick with it I am sure it will come good, eventually.

Be lucky if there's still an Anthem in a year's time tbfh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Be lucky if there's still an Anthem in a year's time tbfh
    Indeed.

Very unlikely EA will have patience like Ubisoft had with The Division 1 to just work at the game until it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

cant see them following that roadmap at all, hate to say it but i think they're finished as a development company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

cant see them following that roadmap at all, hate to say it but i think they're finished as a development company.

You'd wonder if any of the dev minions have seen the roadmap

Advertisement