Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I've only gotten 1 legendary ever and thats with 3 different pieces rolled with "Support x% Luck". (totalling around 100% between the 3). That being said, I do seem to average at least 1 to 2 MW's per stronghold on GM1.

Bizarrely I got 4 MW's on one run of Tyrant Mine on Hard mode with a buddy... a lot of repetition on the MW's, but the rolls make it interesting, particularly the ones that buff RB & LB.

Also, I've not seen/received a MW Support Seal for my Storm... that seems to be a bug though as many people have reported it.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Support gear is capped at epic. Pretty sure BioWare confirmed masterwork support gear will be added later.

Ya, thats what I'm seeing. Its a bit odd to have MW for everything except the support Seal. Possibly forgot it, or just ran out of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

gm1 freeplay is the best accepted way to farm

That and the fact that you don't have to put up with loading screens.

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Ya, thats what I'm seeing. Its a bit odd to have MW for everything except the support Seal. Possibly forgot it, or just ran out of time.

Aye it's a strange omission. There is also the possibility that they had them ready and stripped them out to be added in an upcoming patch. Going back to some of the developer streams pre-launch it's clear that a lot of items, mostly cosmetic, have mysteriously vanished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Two Masterwork Javelins down two to go. I'm drowning in MW, only got three Legendaries.
    One of them was a double charged spark dash that refunds on kills so I'm pretty happy.

Trying to learn how to Colossus now.

I was wondering why I didn't see any support MW, guess my Interceptor is as high as it can get unless more Legendaries drop.

Got my Ranger and Storm up to Masterwork and they have competent enough builds.

However I decided to jump in for one last Stronghold with my OP Interceptor and the game crashed so badly my Xbox couldn't run anything.
    Had to do a hard reset to fix it.
    I can forgive a lot but I would really like it if they could make the game more stable and less likely to break your stuff.

More good news when I did get back in the two Legendary drops I got were there, sitting at a power level of 690 now.

Logged out now, don't want to push my luck any further.

Got my Ranger and Storm up to Masterwork and they have competent enough builds.

However I decided to jump in for one last Stronghold with my OP Interceptor and the game crashed so badly my Xbox couldn't run anything.
    Had to do a hard reset to fix it.
    I can forgive a lot but I would really like it if they could make the game more stable and less likely to break your stuff.

More good news when I did get back in the two Legendary drops I got were there, sitting at a power level of 690 now.

Logged out now, don't want to push my luck any further.

Same thing happened me one evening. I got the audio glitch which was then followed by the game crashing and this god awful noise blaring at me through my sound bar. It sounded like the noise yer wee man from the operation board game used to make when you would hit his insides a slap with the tweezers.

Anyway, nothing would load again for me until I unplugged the system and turned it back on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haven't played in a couple of weeks. Was going to a few times, but was put off by loading screens and Fort Tarsis. Can't see myself going back for a while now, as the Division 2 seems to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'm still just working my way slowly through the game and enjoying it (around level 20 IIRC). Is it really as bad at endgame as the tantrums on reddit suggest, or is that just reddit being reddit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The actual endgame loop backed up by enjoyable combat is excellent but the loot is allover the place and not enough endgame activities, GM2 freeplay is the best way to go with the added bonus you dont have to deal with the dreaded loading screens until you fill your inventory.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think endgame is supposed to be better then the rest of it, from what i've read. Not a huge amount of content, but that will gradually improve.

I'm still just working my way slowly through the game and enjoying it (around level 20 IIRC). Is it really as bad at endgame as the tantrums on reddit suggest, or is that just reddit being reddit?

It's far better at endgame than it is during the 0-30 experience, so if you're enjoying it now you have nowt to worry about. Just don't expect a massive amount of endgame content, the main loop at the moment is grinding gear to perfect builds, there is no aspirational piece of content like a raid or anything to aim for at the moment though hopefully it's on the way.

Dcully wrote: »
    The actual endgame loop backed up by enjoyable combat is excellent but the loot is allover the place and not enough endgame activities, GM2 freeplay is the best way to go with the added bonus you dont have to deal with the dreaded loading screens until you fill your inventory.

Agree with this. Freeplay is the best part of this game. No loading, loads of events and on GM2, good loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I dont really like free play all that much. I prefer the direct nature of the missions and strongholds. The loot in free play is crap now too,90 mins of freeplay yesterday morning and 90mins of it this morning. Plenty of events and world chests,1 master work and a ton of epics. The game has stopped respecting my time. This was all on GM2.

The nerf to loot has been a disater in my eyes,much more grindy now and totally inconsistent. I much prefered pre 1.03. If its not sorted quickly i think they will have a major problem retaining players amd rightly so. Limiting the loot while content is also limited is an awful idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah its absolutely impossible to level up any further now with the loot being so bad. And the fact you can only get mods from the good activities is stupid, you should be able to get guns and mods from everything to advance you further. I do alot of strongholds and have all the mods from my colossus but I want another auto-cannon which will only drop during the event and its very rare for a MW now.

I have not seen a legendary since the new patch, and that is some amount of hours played. So I am stuck in this stupid loot of just playing the game for the sake of it and the best thing I can get it better mods for the mods I already have which is boring after a while.

I am playing on GM2 btw. And all of my 3 javs (dont like ranger) are late 680s.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

The grind is awful now,game just feels punishing now at 730,no loot, no legendarys since patch,ran out of masterwork emblems,time for a break i think and onto division 2!

I love my storm and have it up to 680 now and like most have said already the lack of legendaries has forced me to move onto other Javelins. Does anyone really play with the ranger... I started him last night and using whatever mods I had already, he started off around 480 and quickly got him up to 550 with a bunch of Epic drops, but to be honest I think it kinda sucks and doesnt have the wow factor... not sure if I'll be investing much effort in that Javelin.

Colossus seems popular and I will give the Interceptor a whirl too. Just wondering if people have seen usage for the Ranger... maybe the Super power missile strike for multiple enemies aint bad... but thats about it. I generally dont see Rangers in Stongholds.

I love my storm and have it up to 680 now and like most have said already the lack of legendaries has forced me to move onto other Javelins. Does anyone really play with the ranger... I started him last night and using whatever mods I had already, he started off around 480 and quickly got him up to 550 with a bunch of Epic drops, but to be honest I think it kinda sucks and doesnt have the wow factor... not sure if I'll be investing much effort in that Javelin.

Colossus seems popular and I will give the Interceptor a whirl too. Just wondering if people have seen usage for the Ranger... maybe the Super power missile strike for multiple enemies aint bad... but thats about it. I generally dont see Rangers in Stongholds.

I've been using a ranger as a main since changing over from a Colossus. I have a spark beam build that basically gives me zero cooldown on my spark beam. Stack that with elemental and damage buffs to that launcher and nothing else in the game comes close to melting bosses like it.

It definitely doesn't have as much all around utility as the other classes, but the single target damage is invaluable against tougher enemies and bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ranger has better options for DPS on ads and main bosses.

I have a grenade that gives me 700% ultimate charge, combine that with a Storm freezing small enemies for me and I can unleash 3 ultimates on Tyrant Mine and 4 on Scelos.

Handy my storm is on TS with me :D

I have Ralners Blaze and Avenging Herald, hover, shoot with AH and switch to Ralners and most things die fairly quickly.

• Advertisement

The other 3 Javelins do better mob control in my opinion, Ranger is great for focusing a single target.
    I have fun using the different ones but wouldn't be an expert on how to play them.

I got the machine pistol that gives the Interceptor 110% melee damage if you shoot from point blank range.
    My other components add 70% melee damage and another 10% on top if I dash first.
    So an extra 190% with every third strike doing electricity damage.
    Oh yesh.
    Have the components to make a decent sniper build if I like but think I'll stick with stabby for now.

The Legionnaire Challenge is turning into a pain in the arse.
    I've completed the Stronghold part, the contracts part and am halfway through freeplay 100 events.
    Quickplay missions are buggy though, only 8 of 25 so far.
    Sometimes it won't load you in and other times you spawn with no objective waypoint markers.

Might just try and make my Ranger build better until they fix it or I get stubborn.

680? I wasnt aware that gearscore even went that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do the Free play missions on easy, it never borks and it does count......but its on easy so you are basically a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

ZiabR wrote: »
    680? I wasnt aware that gearscore even went that high.
    Gearscore changed with the last patch,dont quote me but max gearscore is meant to be 780 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah game is just mundane to play now as its virtually impossible to get higher level. I have done at least 15 strongholds now and no legendary drops on GM2 and the MW are all mods that I already have. If they were weapons you might keep playing as I only have one MW auto cannon.....

As was said the quickplay missions are bugged to bits and only need 5 more for the legend of valor to complete but just cant be arsed at this point. If its not patched with the week I am just gonna trade it in tbh. I have given it the benefit of the doubt up until now but its just not worth the hassle.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Do the Free play missions on easy, it never borks and it does count......but its on easy so you are basically a god.
    Warning: Post may contain arrogance.
    At my power level GM1 freeplay is easy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anthem_Screenshot_2019.03.15_-_15.21.51.66.png

Looks like they finally added new armor to the vanity store.

New changes have been in the game via server side update

* Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for Grandmaster 2 and Grandmaster 3 difficulty levels.
    * Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for harder enemies at all difficulty levels. This includes: Legendary Titan, Epic Titan, Legendary Fury, Legendary Acid Ursix and Legendary Luminary Elder.

Vanity store update, good to see they have their priorities straight. The other changes are welcome but it's ****ing insulting that they would add new content to the vanity store yet we still have no vanity chests in strongholds. They aren't going the right way about diverting my attention from the Division 2 at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id imagine they have seperate teams for the cosmetics and development.

The main problem for me is they seem to be as lost about the loot as the playerbase does,from what i read they dont really have a concrete plan to fix it.

Incremental changes in the coming months doesnt fill me with confidence. The game is only out yet there talking about fixs only coming months down the line.

Havent played for a few days so ill get on after work for the 3 contracts and a stronghold or two. If i dont see a legendary in that run ill probably just quit. 65hrs without one legendary will be the straw that will break this camels back.

• Advertisement

It does all seem way too incremental, I'd agree. The only playable content on the horizon would seem to be world events and if There be Giants was anything to go by then they won't be anything to get excited over.

Advertisement