Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

He's not selling one. He's posting updates when they are available on other sites. Just means people looking for cards on adverts come across someone helpful rather than trying to run with a rake of cash.

He is selling one, got it today apparently. He was trying it on with a CPU he didn't actually have.
    In hand pics added. Accepting offers

Also sold a 3070 for €830. He's a scalper - just a cunning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kinda want it

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Ok no more whiskey this year. Saw this on fb and thought wtf they started selling rgb arm bands?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DL1J31Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_dlT4_sqK5FbDPJG8BC

Anyone need some SATA cables?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,909 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Headshot wrote: »

All that for a profit of $40k/year (assuming ****coin prices stay the same).

I got a high value voucher from work for Christmas

I ****ing hate vouchers. The only place i'm interested in is PC world but their pricing is ridiculous and monitors i'm interested are not in stock :/

Can't get anyone to trace me cash for the me2you voucher :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I got a high value voucher from work for Christmas

I ****ing hate vouchers. The only place i'm interested in is PC world but their pricing is ridiculous and monitors i'm interested are not in stock :/

Can't get anyone to trace me cash for the me2you voucher :(

How much is the voucher? I might be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I have all my parts ready to build for the past two weeks bar the psu. I had one ordered from Currys Uk a few weeks back but it was cancelled due to lack of of stock.
    So frustrating, would ideally like to get Seasonic 850w but beggers can't be choosers now. The market is slim pickings at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    All that for a profit of $40k/year (assuming ****coin prices stay the same).

Well no, it'll make 40k profit this year. Next year it'll make 100k profit providing the cards surive.

And that alll assumes Bitcoin remains at the same value, that lad is from Vegas and dropping serious money on a mining rig. So he probably expects BTC to keep going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

errlloyd wrote: »
    Well no, it'll make 40k profit this year. Next year it'll make 100k profit providing the cards surive.

And that alll assumes Bitcoin remains at the same value, that lad is from Vegas and dropping serious money on a mining rig. So he probably expects BTC to keep going up.

I'd say it's ETH and not BTC he is mining.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

errlloyd wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong here:
    As he keeps mining & others join in, it gets harder to obtain coins & the effective hash rate drops, which was part of why ASIC miners are now they only way to obtain coins at decent power draw. :confused:

Anyone use or familiar with Unifi Survival Gateways?

Damn thing is ****ing annoying me that I cannot set a custom DNS on the Nvidia Shield (or any device) for Getflix because the WAN DNS overwrites any LAN DNS entries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

Are there any B550 or X570 boards that run first gen Ryzen?

Using a 1600 at the moment and wanna get a new motherboard that'll be ready for the 5000 series, or I'm stuck with a B450/X470?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Officially no but I've see plenty of reviews where they said first gen Ryzen worked.
    A BIOS upgrade could blow that support away though to do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

SickBoy wrote: »
    Officially no but I've see plenty of reviews where they said first gen Ryzen worked.
    A BIOS upgrade could blow that support away though to do some research.

Hmmm probably not worth the risk so, I'll just go for a B450 one. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭SickBoy

xtal191 wrote: »
    Hmmm probably not worth the risk so, I'll just go for a B450 one. Thanks

As long as the B550/x570 board you get has bios flashback of some sort, you could always revert to a bios that supports Ryzen 1st gen.

SickBoy wrote: »
    As long as the B550/x570 board you get has bios flashback of some sort, you could always revert to a bios that supports Ryzen 1st gen.

Can they back flash though? I'm not sure but it may check that it is an older bios you are trying to flash and not flash. I'm curious to know if that is the case though.

I know the feature is normally used to get a newer bios on there to accept a newer CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Anyone use or familiar with Unifi Survival Gateways?

Damn thing is ****ing annoying me that I cannot set a custom DNS on the Nvidia Shield (or any device) for Getflix because the WAN DNS overwrites any LAN DNS entries

Is DNS filters enabled in the internet security tab?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Any sign of GFX cards coming back into stock, 3080's and 6800XT's are still on pre-order on scan and overclockers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Nope and if they do they will have a 30-50% mark up and people will still buy them. Until that trend stops I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

This is a general question fellow PC builders , do any of you guys use a tablet?, was thinking of getting one but maybe when I get my PC built it might be a bit redundant.

Pangea wrote: »
    This is a general question fellow PC builders , do any of you guys use a tablet?, was thinking of getting one but maybe when I get my PC built it might be a bit redundant.

I had one in the past and they aren't that great just like a large phone, depends on how you spend your time. If your the type of lounge around on a couch in the evenings then a tablet is for you. I don't I sit in front of a computer screen.

Pangea wrote: »

I use one for browsing in bed or Spotify hooked up to speakers in work.
    That's about the extent of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah I've an old ipad mini that I have pitikapp running on it for monitoring fps/temps/usage and a few shortcuts and media controls, and then for browsing stuff on a slightly bigger screen than my phone.

Wouldn't bother spending more than 100 or 150 quid on one to be honest unless you have a specific use case.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Quick one.
    Any external way to use 3pwm fan without splitting the cable? Some sort of hub/usb?
    Started using laser cutter, need fan for exhaust, wanted to use one on PC spares but cant think a way to power it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use a fire 8 if I'm gonna be stuck on a bus or something. Most of the time no.

Sythe Ninja any good as a cooler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sythe Ninja any good as a cooler?

In short, YES.

But it wanna be for the size....its HUGE!

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/scythe_ninja5_air_cooler_review,14.html

Advertisement