Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Does Komplett get their supply from mainland Europe?
    I added a psu to the basket and automatically a plug adapter was added aswell. I don't like using these things would prefer just to use the Irish plug

Pangea wrote: »
    Does Komplett get their supply from mainland Europe?
    I added a psu to the basket and automatically a plug adapter was added aswell. I don't like using these things would prefer just to use the Irish plug

The Netherlands afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thoughts on these M2 drive speeds?

Corsair MP600 Force Series, 2 TB High-speed Gen 4 PCIe
    SGcwVo6.png

WD_BLACK SN750 2 TB
    So2cEdi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

Pretty Good.

This is what I get from my own system - X570, 3700X & one of the 1st PCIe 4.0 M.2 drives from last year - the Aorus one.

536036.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

z0oT wrote: »
    Pretty Good.

This is what I get from my own system - X570, 3700X & one of the 1st PCIe 4.0 M.2 drives from last year - the Aorus one.

536036.png

Thats fabulous looking :pac:

• Advertisement

What's a good gaming headset that won't need a decent sound card? Had a Razer one years back but it needed a good sound card to drive it.

Do they have surround and such?

What's a good gaming headset that won't need a decent sound card? Had a Razer one years back but it needed a good sound card to drive it.

Do they have surround and such?

You can't go wrong with the Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless. Really good for the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Arctis-Wireless-Detachable-Microphone/dp/B07WDD4PTW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=YVNBGBKUMBRZ&dchild=1&keywords=arctis+1+wireless&qid=1607887823&sprefix=arctis+1%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-1

Guys how much would one get for a Kingston Technology SSD A1000 90GB M.2 Drive

They dont sell it anymore so hard to judge how much

It was over 200 euro when I bought it in Oct 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

90GB?
    Probably not a whole lot tbh.

90GB?
    Probably not a whole lot tbh.

feck my mistake

its 960GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Can you put lids from (jam, gherkin, jalapeno etc) glass jars in a (Panda) recycling bin? Thx

(This is off-topic, right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Coyler

Yep and yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Sweet :)

Is updating a bios tricky? Eg. X570 Tomahawk bios need to be updated to run a 5800x as far as i know. I think there is flash bios on the board, from a few posts i have seen online some people have had problems updating bios. Also Would a new pc builder be better going for 3700x as it would be more stable than a new cpu?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I have that board and updating the bios is very easy. If you already have a cpu in the board then simply download the new bios on to a usb stick, reboot and enter Bios, select update bios and insert usb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone ever burnt out of video games? After dipping in and out cyberpunk 2077, I just can't be arsed to listening to any of the dialog whatsoever.

Anyone ever burnt out of video games? After dipping in and out cyberpunk 2077, I just can't be arsed to listening to any of the dialog whatsoever.

Frequently - I come and go with gaming TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

I get burnt out of story based games and just go back to esports.

Frequently - I come and go with gaming TBH.

Yeah I am struggling to get anything to keep my attention. Currently rotating between Ghost of Tsushima, COD: Cold War and Cyberpunk

• Advertisement

Yeah I am struggling to get anything to keep my attention. Currently rotating between Ghost of Tsushima, COD: Cold War and Cyberpunk

Leave off for a bit and come back to it. Do some overclocking, breaking it is more fun than using it for gaming anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

played 7 minutes of cyberpunk, refunded it. prefer shooters that i can play a few games here and there

Leave off for a bit and come back to it. Do some overclocking, breaking it is more fun than using it for gaming anyway :pac:

I tried overclocking, I kept getting BSODs. To be honest, I think I am out of my depth when it comes to OCing!

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I have that board and updating the bios is very easy. If you already have a cpu in the board then simply download the new bios on to a usb stick, reboot and enter Bios, select update bios and insert usb

If you don't have a cpu though, would it be awkward?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Kind of the opposite here, enjoying the fact it's a bit slower moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yup. I'm on annual leave for the next few weeks and had lined up Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Cyberpunk, think I've played a couple hours at most of both since Friday. Just haven't been bothered at all lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I find open world games the worst for giving me burnout. Most of them have terrible filler content and can quickly turn into a real slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

The older I get the higher requirements I have. When I was a kid , playing with two stick figures on some 14" tv was fun, now its getting harder and harder to find games which can satisfy my hunger.
    It looks that slowly im changing into old geezer which just sit on his porch complaining how kids these days have it easy.

yoshiktk wrote: »
    The older I get the higher requirements I have. When I was a kid , playing with two stick figures on some 14" tv was fun, now its getting harder and harder to find games which can satisfy my hunger.
    It looks that slowly im changing into old geezer which just sit on his porch complaining how kids these days have it easy.

I find myself returning to Supremacy (AKA Overlord) on the Amiga now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Pangea wrote: »
    If you don't have a cpu though, would it be awkward?

No, the board has a flash back function. Insert usb and press button on back

Advertisement