Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You wouldnt want to be in a rush for cables from Cablemod

Cables ordered on the 20th Of November, only received today

At least I got them before Christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Headshot wrote: »
    You wouldnt want to be in a rush for cables from Cablemod

Cables ordered on the 20th Of November, only received today

At least I got them before Christmas..

Probably not Cablemod's fault.
    Was it Anpost that delivered them? They have massive backlog of parcel deliveries apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

SickBoy wrote: »
    Probably not Cablemod's fault.
    Was it Anpost that delivered them? They have massive backlog of parcel deliveries apparently.

No, this is CableMod shipping. If you order anything custom, that takes 9-10 days to build and ship.
    And then the item first travels from China to UK, then UK to Germany, and from Germany to the customer.

536206.jpg

My order from Oct 12th was delivered Nov 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kddvlz/cyberpunk_best_settings_guide_to_go_beyond_60_fps/

Very detailed write up about settings in Cyberpunk. Supposed to be for AMD users, but most of the settings would be the same on Nvidia GPUS.

Curious as to how setting the game to 30 fps, Freesync and higher settings would work out for me? Currently at 1440p getting 50-60 fps at medium-ish settings (Vega 56, Ryzen 1600)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

jebidiah wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kddvlz/cyberpunk_best_settings_guide_to_go_beyond_60_fps/

Very detailed write up about settings in Cyberpunk. Supposed to be for AMD users, but most of the settings would be the same on Nvidia GPUS.

Curious as to how setting the game to 30 fps, Freesync and higher settings would work out for me? Currently at 1440p getting 50-60 fps at medium-ish settings (Vega 56, Ryzen 1600)

Saw it at the morning, havent got a chance to try it.
    I dont know is it just my feeling but ive played with settings yesterday, low to high, medium and mixture of all. Almost always would hover around +/-40fps. Im starting to suspect ultrawide at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Someone posted on Reddit they were getting worse performance on their 1440p UW than they were on their 4K display. I've long suspected that UW is somehow 'harder' to render than 16:9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just got a Shield Pro TV delivered,no HDMI cable:(

F****n Nvidia!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Someone posted on Reddit they were getting worse performance on their 1440p UW than they were on their 4K display. I've long suspected that UW is somehow 'harder' to render than 16:9.

Doubt it, 4k is usually around 1.5 times the pixel count. Even the 5140x1440p is 1 million pixels less to render.

Doubt it, 4k is usually around 1.5 times the pixel count. Even the 5140x1440p is 1 million pixels less to render.

Not saying 3440x1440 is harder to render than 4K, what I'm saying is there seems to be a penalty for rendering 21:9 vs 16:9.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'll believe it when I see something more subjective. Also, if this is based on cyberpunk, then I would say probably. That game has some serious issues around performance.

• Advertisement

I'll believe it when I see something more subjective. Also, if this is based on cyberpunk, then I would say probably. That game has some serious issues around performance.

I still have my old monitor, will swap cables and see is there any change.
    For now have enough, great game again messed up by the top bosses. Shame that we will have to wait ages now for fixes, if we even get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Not saying 3440x1440 is harder to render than 4K, what I'm saying is there seems to be a penalty for rendering 21:9 vs 16:9.

Field of view has a big impact on performance so yes UW does have a big penalty that would bring it up to or above 4k demands especially in cpu limited games.

Bigger FOV = more stuff on screen = more draw calls for the cpu to handle and more work for the gpu.

Anyone tried Geforce Now?

Got a shield today and its €28 for 6 months,was pondering if its any use. I know you can get it on PC but this would be for sitting room TV gaming

EoinHef wrote: »

Got a shield today and its €28 for 6 months,was pondering if its any use. I know you can get it on PC but this would be for sitting room TV gaming

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-on-geforce-now-is-brilliant-if-you-dont-have-an-rtx-card/

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cromelex

EoinHef wrote: »

Got a shield today and its €28 for 6 months,was pondering it of its any use. I know you can get it on PC but this would be for sitting room TV gaming

Yes, it's actually very decent, if your Internet connection is good enough you can stream a lot of games you own for PC and it works really well.

I've used it for a while on my shield while it was free, have used it since on the laptop when I'm away from home, and now have a 1 year membership as offered with my 3080 RTX... Which basically means I can still play most of my games on my non-gaming laptop whenever I'm away from home.

I normally have a look at PC Gamer,dont know how I missed that!!

Think ill pick it up,not getting a new card this side of Christmas with stock issues so might as well. Be able to play it in my parents over Christmas too

Headshot's new PC is ready

bIsIq7w.jpg

Specs

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
    Ram/Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GB
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    CPU: Cooler: Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio
    M.2 Drive: Corsair MP600 Force Series, 2 TB High-speed Gen 4 PCIe x4
    M.2 Drive: Western Digital - WD SSD Black SN750 2TB

I especially like the pink fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Needs more RGB

ED E wrote: »
    Needs more RGB

Yes that exhaust fan is looking very lonely there.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Needs more RGB

Dunno why but RGB always remind me of old tracksuits from NRD/RFN

dres-ortalionowy.jpg

Folks

Is there any good alternative to MSI AfterBurner monitoring, cannot get the CPU monitoring working on it so looking for something else

I want to be able to monitor GPU, CPU temps etc

(overlay during games)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Folks

Is there any good alternative to MSI AfterBurner monitoring, cannot get the CPU monitoring working on it so looking for something else

I want to be able to monitor GPU, CPU temps etc

(overlay during games)

If you went AMD for a GPU there is built in monitoring software in the adrenalin or what ever they are calling it these days Radeon software or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you went AMD for a GPU there is built in monitoring software in the adrenalin or what ever they are calling it these days Radeon software or something.

Scroll up, the "GeForce RTX" suggests otherwise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Headshot's new PC is ready

yeah, but can it run Cry...
    Specs

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
    Ram/Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GB
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    CPU: Cooler: Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio
    M.2 Drive: Corsair MP600 Force Series, 2 TB High-speed Gen 4 PCIe x4
    M.2 Drive: Western Digital - WD SSD Black SN750 2TB

Oh, right yeah, I'm guessing it runs it pretty well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

So I accidently damaged the hdmi port of my 2070 8gb, hdmi cable was yanked under tension and now the port is slightly loose. Still works though.

Can anyone hazard a guess, how much this will it's affect resell value. I was hoping to sell once its easier to get a 3080

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

So I accidently damaged the hdmi port of my 2070 8gb, hdmi cable was yanked under tension and now the port is slightly loose. Still works though.

Can anyone hazard a guess, how much this will it's affect resell value. I was hoping to sell once its easier to get a 3080

If that's the only HDMI port then maybe a little - many wouldn't risk buying a card like that though. Personally, I'd open it and try and fix it with some solder

Hyzepher wrote: »
    If that's the only HDMI port then maybe a little - many wouldn't risk buying a card like that though. Personally, I'd open it and try and fix it with some solder

That's what I was afraid to hear.

I wouldn't trust myself with a soldering iron. I wonder if anyone on boards can do these repairs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Which model is it

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Which model is it

Gigabyte GPU NV RTX2070 Windforce 8GB. It was purchased last January from Amazon. I might try gigabyte first to see if they can do anything.

Advertisement