Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost every position the left has, is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs?

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

David Icke is not left wing or right wing. His politics are informed above all by the belief that the human race is led by alien lizards with a shape shifting ability who are on earth to mine mono-atomic gold and are indifferent to our interests.

If Icke is indeed as he claims the son of the Godhead than he has a clear responsibility to inform us of this.

We may laugh at this idea (what the lizards would want I suggest ...) but let me just say ...

Maybe V is not mere entertainment but a warning to us all

In a world where leftist trash like the inbetweeners , cash in the attic, nationwide and the ploughing championship goes on and on and on and on

why was V cancelled

No one knows

Is this parody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Leftist, Liberals, Late Late Show, Leitrim.

What do the have in common? the letter L

What begins with the letter L?...Lizard People.

Wake up sheeple!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

dav3 wrote: »
    Leftist, Liberals, Late Late Show, Leitrim.

What do the have in common? the letter L

What begins with the letter L?...Lizard People.

Wake up sheeple!!!

That's sinister

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

batgoat wrote: »
    At one point, Icke believed himself to be the messiah. He believes the world is run by lizard people. The man most likely had a mental break decades ago and there is nothing credible about what he says, it's pretty sad tbh. But he is not engaging in research.

The same goes for other assorted crazies, such as Alex Jones, and Stefan Molyneux.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sooner or later it always comes back to Moonbases, Lizard people, inter-dimensional vampires and David Icke.

Really makes you think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Sooner or later it always comes back to Moonbases, Lizard people, inter-dimensional vampires and David Icke.

Really makes you think.

It's the Rand Corporation in conjunction with the Saucer People under the supervision of the Reverse Vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Rawr

It's the Rand Corporation in conjunction with the Saucer People under the supervision of the Reverse Vampires.

We're Through the Looking-Glass here people....

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

realtalk, how much LSD would one need to consume to reach David Icke levels of creativity (mental illness) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Did....... Did someone link to David Icke as a credible/valid viewpoint?

This is happening more and more these days. You even see it here where people post long videos of youtubers ranting about stuff beyond their areas of expertise.

Years ago, if someone used Icke or Alex Jones to make a point, they'd be laughed out of it. Now, everyone has the internet and a lot of angry young people and angry old people are having difficulty telling the difference between experts in their field and some crank who uses big words on a well produced youtube channel giving out about the left.

It's impressive when you think that we have all this knowledge at our fingertips and a sizeable proportion of the population willingly choose to be misinformed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It's impressive when you think that we have all this knowledge at our fingertips and a sizeable proportion of the population willingly choose to be misinformed.

That sums it up beautifully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I blame the Youtube algorithms that take you slightly down the rabbit hole with each video. You start out with someone vaguely out there and conspiracy theory minded like Joe Rogan and ten videos later you’re listening to David Icke or Alex Jones explain that jews are secretly lizard demons who want to eat your babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I blame the Youtube algorithms that take you slightly down the rabbit hole with each video. You start out with someone vaguely out there and conspiracy theory minded like Joe Rogan and ten videos later you’re listening to David Icke or Alex Jones explain that jews are secretly lizard demons who want to eat your babies.

The last tome I watched a Joe Rogan video was about a year ago where Leah Remini was being interviewed. I still have conspiracy theories and alt-right nonsense in my suggestions and I don't watch anything remotely like that. It's mostly gaming stuff that I watch and of course old music videos when I'm drunk.

It's a shame too because whatever about Joe Rogan's expertise, some of his interviews are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,001 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yep youtube is encouraging this big time

https://www.dublininquirer.com/2019/01/30/niamh-irish-right-wing-youtubers-seem-to-be-following-an-alt-right-playbook

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-youtube-pulled-these-men-down-a-vortex-of-far-right-hate

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Irish Right-Wing YouTubers Seem to Be Following an Alt-Right Playbook

I think this goes for all people who are generally incapable of thinking for themselves. Both left or right of the gimp axis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The thing about these YouTube channels is that because their voices have been shut out by the Leftist Mainstream Media, they end up being holed out on stream sites, with nobody to challenge their views.

Right wing YouTube channels have gained massive popularity in recent years. Whereas Left Wing channels are non entities. Why? Because no matter how crazy their views, they seem to always have a voice on TV/Radio/Newspapers, no matter how deranged their views are.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Reason why alternative view points do well on YouTube and other sites is because those that control the world behind the scenes use the mainstream media to brainwash and manipulate the masses. Depending on how open minded the individual is, viewing and researching these alternative media outlets allows that person to go down the rabbit hole and see for themselves how the world is really controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The thing about these YouTube channels is that because their voices have been shut out by the Leftist Mainstream Media, they end up being holed out on stream sites, with nobody to challenge their views.

Right wing YouTube channels have gained massive popularity in recent years. Whereas Left Wing channels are non entities. Why? Because no matter how crazy their views, they seem to always have a voice on TV/Radio/Newspapers, no matter how deranged their views are.

It's beacuse their rationing behind said viewpoints is usually unpublishable. Unless you happen to be the editor of the Daily Mail. Other editors insistv on some form of logic.

Whereas on YouTube, there's little to no moderation or fact-checking.

Case in point: you can't actually make your point without a blind 'leftist' accusation. How about some specifics, Richard?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Thats because the far right lost the second world war.

Advertisement