Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost every position the left has, is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs?

Options
  • 18-12-2018 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

I do not want to copy and paste entire articles so I will post a link to one I like when I put in the Google search why the left hate the Bible.
    When I was younger I was very leftwing myself but as I grew older I grew out of it.
    Globalism- No Borders or Nationalism
    The left is for it but the God of the Bible is against it.

Deuteronomy 32:8 "When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, When He separated the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples According to the number of the sons of Israel.

Acts 17:26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,

https://wsau.com/blogs/ben-armstrong-blog/20344/rebelling-against-god-is-actually-whats-behind-almost-all-left-wing-beliefs/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Jesus was a communist before it was a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

This is the kind of reply I like I am not a bible thumper myself a lighthearted discussion without anybody getting hot and bothered.

This is the kind of reply I like I am not a bible thumper myself a lighthearted discussion without anybody getting hot and bothered.

Religion and politics definitely lend to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Rich man, needle eye

Leviticus 19:27
    You shall not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is this a conscious decision or are they being controlled by the devil.

On another note I wish some folk around here would realise we aren't American.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Is this a conscious decision or are they being controlled by the devil.

On another note I wish some folk around here would realise we aren't American.

The United States has 300 million people who for the most part speak English.
    I have used my fair share of Fater Ted quotes but they only get you so far.

As for the thread subject, it is meant to be tongue in cheek however I am sure the author I quoted was 100% serious.:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The source is a conservative radio station that broadcasts the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc. I hardly think it's the most objective source for the starting point of a discussion like this.

Edit here is another one from him.
    The Myth of Dinosaurs the Reality of Dragons https://wsau.com/blogs/ben-armstrong-blog/20344/the-myth-of-dinosaurs-the-reality-of-dragons/

You see Game of Thrones was right.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Jesus was Batman

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Wheety wrote: »
    Jesus was Batman

No, no, no no. That was Bruce Wayne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mzungu wrote: »

Bruce Wayne was Jesus?!?

I did not see that coming...

What do you think the left's position on Batman would be if he was real?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c184817764e774d4110a5cd

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The left is a strange and mysterious thing for Americans.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Globalism- No Borders or Nationalism
    The left is for it but the God of the Bible is against it.

Deuteronomy 32:8 "When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, When He separated the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples According to the number of the sons of Israel.

Acts 17:26 and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,

Matthew 21:17 "And he left them and went out of the city into Bethany and he lodged there."

Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Folks need a moral compass in their lives. Religion has been replaced for the most part by radical social ideologies. And where we once had blasphemy we now have political correctness.

I don't know which is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Almost every position the left has, is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs?
    Do you mean like giving to the poor?
    Mark 10:25
    It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

bruce wayne's a scientist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The Aquaducts?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Christian beliefs down the centuries, were enforced rather than instructed, with strict dogma and dire threats of damnation. Therefore, they were inherently ultra-conservative and regressive against the progress humanity was making in science, technology and the arts.

Left-wing policies (without going hard hard left) are essentially liberal and progressive, socially anyway, so they too are inherently against many Christian beliefs. Its not so much that they are an attack on Christian belief, they just can't avoid not being contrary. You can say the the same of leftist ideology versus any of the ancient faiths, the Abrahamic ones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Ardent wrote: »
    Folks need a moral compass in their lives. Religion has been replaced for the most part by radical social ideologies. And where we once had blasphemy we now have political correctness.

I don't know which is worse.

Religion is a radical social ideology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

AllForIt wrote: »
    Religion is a radical social ideology.

This kind of illustrates the point made in the opening post.

I'm neither pro nor anti religion, but it can most certainly exist without being either radical or social.

Nor does being a member of one faith mean automatically being resentful to antagonistic towards all others.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Yeah you can make that argument.
    He was surely an angry young man towards the traders in the temple.

One of the most interesting movies about him was The Gospel According to Matthew (Italian: Il vangelo secondo Matteo) directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, an atheist communist. Worth a watch with English subtitles to see another angle on it all.

He was executed for his challenge to empire though I reckon. If he was crucified, then we can be sure he was a political threat because this particularly cruel death was reserved for such by the Romans (see Spartacus, and see the later Jewish Revolt). They didn't execute thieves that way. So if there were people sharing Jesus' fate that day, they were certainly not thieves. They may have some ideological link to Zealotry. My own personal suspicion is that Jesus of Nazareth did too. A forerunner of Gerry Adams if you like. His biographers couldn't be explicit about it when Rome was still boss in Judea.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

The left and the church are pretty close in central america.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You'll find that very few people on "the left" are motivated by hating the Bible, it just so happens that the Bible (and the Torah and Koran) are conservative anachronistic texts with very little relevance to modern times, and so they automatically conflict with modern thinking.

It's easy then to get sucked in and assume you're being "attacked", when in fact nobody cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

You dont have to be left wing to see that Christianity and all other religions are complete bs with no basis in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I though Christianity was all about charity and tolerance. According to the gospels, Jesus was definitely quite a lefty by today's standards, both socially and economically. I mean, he told people to pay their taxes and went around flipping over the tables of bankers. He was pretty clear about where he stood on the accumulation of wealth and wealth distribution itself. It's right there in the holy book.

I never quite understood how Christianity got tied up with right-wing ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Jesus may well have been a communist, but Karen was a carpenter.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Not necessarily christian values, but it is about corrupting our family based moral structure.

Particularly the moral structure of ethnic europeans.

Radical feminism, race mixing propaganda and encouraging all people to embrace homosexuality.

The right wing are just as corrupt though and both wings are controlled by the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

tomofson wrote: »
    Not necessarily christian values, but it is about corrupting our family based moral structure.

Particularly the moral structure of ethnic europeans.

Radical feminism, race mixing propaganda and encouraging all people to embrace homosexuality.

The right wing are just as corrupt though and both wings are controlled by the same people.

Race mixing propaganda? Will you ever go on ya nasty auld bigot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

FTA69 wrote: »
    Race mixing propaganda? Will you ever go on ya nasty auld bigot.

Thats all you have to say?

Advertisement