Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost every position the left has, is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think the change has had its desired effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The fact that a mod changed the thread title not only shows the height of petulance but the downward spiral of boards and that the value of a mods subjective opinion or ways takes precedent instead of valuing the objectivity. It may not be a big deal to some as it may be seen as a minor forum but this is childish. The mod who did this should dealt with accordingly, just like any user would be dealt with if they stepped out of place

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

lol who tf actually cares. Why are you people so invested in this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

sk8erboii wrote: »
    lol who tf actually cares. Why are you people so invested in this?

Why are you?

Anyway, what a petty thing to do.

Why are you?

Anyway, what a petty thing to do.

Im not. Literally wondering why these snowflakes are out for blood cause someone changed the title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The fact that a mod changed the thread title not only shows the height of petulance but the downward spiral of boards and that the value of a mods subjective opinion or ways takes precedent instead of valuing the objectivity. It may not be a big deal to some as it may be seen as a minor forum but this is childish. The mod who did this should dealt with accordingly, just like any user would be dealt with if they stepped out of place

This reminds me of when the trump thread was changed to Trump Elected: Heil to the chief. OR Trump Elected: It's unpresidented.

And all the snowflakes went mad.

I don't see you guys suddenly having a sh1t fit about the Louise O'Neill thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Peter Denham

Unintelligent people use the word "snowflake" as an insult. I immediately decide that someone is not worth listening to when they use it.

Unintelligent people use the work "snowflake" as an insult.

The tried and trusted refuge of those with nothing substantive to bring to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The tried and trusted refuge of those with nothing substantive to bring to the table.

You do realise it's a right wing phrase that I was using ironically?

Grayson wrote: »
    You do realise it's a right wing phrase that I was using ironically?

Aye, I was responding to another post on its own merits.

• Advertisement

I was using it ironically too. Guess i bet too much on thinking the same ‘snowflakes’ who get offended by thread titles would understand irony too.

Really makes you think huh?

Aye, I was responding to another post on its own merits.

I think anyone who uses it at all has nothing to bring it to the table. It's a right wing phrase that left wingers are trying to use against them, the outcome is the same - crap discussion.

I think anyone who uses it at all has nothing to bring it to the table. It's a right wing phrase that left wingers are trying to use against them, the outcome is the same - crap discussion.

You get offended by thread titles AND random words?

Not offended, I think changing thread titles is silly. I don't agree with the OP, but the chance for discussion is wrecked now.

There's a lot more to be gained by openly discussing something without name calling and editing thread titles.

Not offended, I think changing thread titles is silly. I don't agree with the OP, but the chance for discussion is wrecked now.

There's a lot more to be gained by openly discussing something without name calling and editing thread titles.

Oh. I didnt know afterhours was for serious political thesis. Are people vetted here for qualifications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

And you get offended by people getting offended by thread titles and random words. We could be here all night.

No thread title should be changed in my view. Mods should close it if they think it’s run it’s course.

And you get offended by people getting offended by thread titles and random words. We could be here all night.

No thread title should be changed in my view. Mods should close it if you think it’s run it’s course.

Lol no, im laughing @ the triggered people.

Yep, debases any mature exchange of ideas. Whenever it's trotted out you might as well reach for the rattler. You could fit "triggered" in the sandbox also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

As for the thread subject, it is meant to be tongue in cheek however I am sure the author I quoted was 100% serious.:)
    This is on page 1, posted by the OP. Just quoting it here as a reminder to those who seem so genuinely eager to get offended.

ITT. People who call other people snowflakes get offended because someone made a joke thread in a joke forum in a casual chatting website

• Advertisement

Lol no, im laughing @ the triggered people.

I think you incorrectly assumed I was a right leaning individual based on my reaction to the changing of thread titles and the undermining of meaningful discussion.

You're one of those people that thinks you can categorise someone's entire political stance based on a comment on an individual topic.

I think you incorrectly assumed I was a right leaning individual based on my reaction to the changing of thread titles and the undermining of meaningful discussion.

You're on of those people that thinks you can categorise someone's entire political stance based on a comment on an individual topic.

Nah. Im just pointing out peoples behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Started a feedback thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057941565/1/#post108994880

See can we get some clarification on thread title changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Oh. I didnt know afterhours was for serious political thesis. Are people vetted here for qualifications?

Obviously not. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭Odhinn

No, nor mental illness or venerial disease. Otherwise the place would be empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Danzy wrote: »
    What kind of dip**** changed the title.
    Drunken mod.?

Someone with authoritah

0203_authoritah1.jpg?quality=0.8

Im not. Literally wondering why these snowflakes are out for blood cause someone changed the title

A Leftist calling other people snowflakes. The height of pot, kettle, black.

DS86DS wrote: »
    A Leftist calling other people snowflakes. The height of pot, kettle, black.

Kinda like the 'rightists' getting offended by titles?

Kinda like the 'rightists' getting offended by titles?

No, kinda like people getting annoyed at the attempted demolition of theads by trying to make the topic look stupid and unserious by butchering the thread title.

You don't see that happening to Pro-Left and anti-Traditionalist threads do you?

Or maybe like most Leftists you prefer a safe and boring echo chamber where your views aren't put under any scrutiny.

• Advertisement

DS86DS wrote: »
    No, kinda like people getting annoyed at the attempted demolition of theads by trying to make the topic look stupid and unserious by butchering the thread title.

You don't see that happening to Pro-Left and anti-Traditionalist threads do you?

Or maybe like most Leftists you prefer a safe and boring echo chamber where your views aren't put under any scrutiny.

Loooool mate cant believe you really typed that all out

Advertisement