Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost every position the left has, is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

nthclare wrote:
    Board's isn't like it used to be...it's very left..

Hahaha no its fcuking not, I'm a lefty that's been warned and ban many a time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

nthclare wrote: »
    Honey and shrooms mixed into the whaskay....I like it ;)

You gunna nark on our stash ain't ya

get em Rod

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What the actual?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

It takes a special type of loser to be a moderator on a message board, giving up your their free time voluntarily to moderate comments...

this type of behaviour shouldn't surprise you.

Definitely, I'd have better things to be doing to be honest.
    I get some craic out of some of the post's and threads.
    The femminists sjw's and betas are the worst, they're sad really, too sensitive and pure herd mentality.

I'd say some are sound but I won't comment on my opinion of others lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Going to far by attacking the mods lads, I've always found them firm but fair. Especially in after hours.

• Advertisement

Going to far by attacking the mods lads, I've always found them firm but fair. Especially in after hours.

The mods in after hours know it's only a bit of Banter, but mods outside can be very one sided....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Peter Denham

I've no dog in this race but whenever the mods start messing with the thread titles I find it painfully cringeworthy and unfunny. Same in the prison forum, they think they are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It takes a special type of loser to be a moderator on a message board, giving up your their free time voluntarily to moderate comments...

this type of behaviour shouldn't surprise you.

It takes an even more special type of loser to rereg every few days to post sh/te ;)

Nahh dont think so.

Yeah.....sure.... see you on your next account ;)

Otherwise wrote: »
    Lads, can we really not just put the bickering aside for awhile, just for the time of year it is?

350 years Allah died on the cross so gay people could have the right to vote. That's the important thing to remember.

Happy Kwanzee brothers and sisters. Shalom.

Blasphemy, stone him, stone him now ?

The next one to say Jehovah....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

So... this thread title is not going to be corrected is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

So... this thread title is not going to be corrected is it?

What’s with the title?, can’t be bothered going back more than a couple of pages, still no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Jesus was a communist before it was a thing.
    Which would he have preferred - Lenin, Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

nthclare wrote: »
    Lol he's probably better off getting a break, when a mod in the political forum got me banned me it was nice to take the break, a month of just reading post's, the weather forum is the best in my opinion.

I still cannot fathom why people take debate's on boards.ie seriously or personal, being on board's means there's a high chance of getting slagged, undermined and insulted.

Anyone who reports being insulted on board's, seriously need to grow up and take it on the chin...
    I completely agree lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

What kind of dip**** changed the title.
    Drunken mod.?

Danzy wrote: »
    What kind of dip**** changed the title.
    Drunken mod.?

Not drunk, just a mod who'd prefer this topic is not discussed and so would prefer it to fall into obscurity by butchering the thread title.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Not drunk, just a mod who'd prefer this topic is not discussed and so would prefer it to fall into obscurity by butchering the thread title.

Is this a plot by george soros to oppress catholics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I'm so confused. What is the thread title supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

Almost every position the left has is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Advertisement

BBFAN wrote: »
    I'm so confused. What is the thread title supposed to be?

Almost every position the left has, is actually just an attack on christian beliefs.

The new thread title makes more sense though.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Seriously though, while it may be that OP's account was hacked, if a mod has interfered with a thread title because they don't like OP's views that's bad for Boards in general. It's one thing to shut down a thread that has derailed or is offensive etc. They give an explanation for it and all that. But just messing around with thread titles? It will be posts next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Seriously though, while it may be that OP's account was hacked, if a mod has interfered with a thread title because they don't like OP's views that's bad for Boards in general. It's one thing to shut down a thread that has derailed or is offensive etc. They give an explanation for it and all that. But just messing around with thread titles? It will be posts next.

I really don't think the majority of people would care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Almost every position the left has is actually just an attack on Christian beliefs.

Oh right, the new title makes more sense so.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

BBFAN wrote: »
    Oh right, the new title makes more sense so.

yes, as timber has already said.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

batgoat wrote: »
    I really don't think the majority of people would care.

That's the point. The mods are there to moderate so that the debate (such as it is) in a thread does not become a competition as to who can be loudest and shrillest. Think of those awful rte shows where you have partisan audiences whooping and booing in turn. You don't want Pat the plank or whoever joining in with the yahooing.

Whether you agree or disagree with the thread title is largely irrelevant, that a moderator chose to butcher the title with zero explanation is what I find troubling. What's the point in creating a thread in After Hours with the foreknowledge that if one moderator takes exception with the topic they might sabotage the thread with zero prejudice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Odhinn wrote: »

I’m sure that in your time you’ve been accused of anti-semitism yourself re Israel. The phrase is overused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Whether you agree or disagree with the thread title is largely irrelevant, that a moderator chose to butcher the title with zero explanation is what I find troubling. What's the point in creating a thread in After Hours with the foreknowledge that if one moderator takes exception with the topic they might sabotage the thread with zero prejudice.

Absolutely. There’s a feeedback forum here which maybe would be useful in getting to the bottom of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Honestly this is how I read the thread title now.

uPe0nNv.png

Advertisement