Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I have received two of five packages from the UK which were sent last Wednesday/Thursday. One arrived to AddressPal UK on the 13th and is at my local post office today. A working week has been normal with AddressPal stuff in recent months so no delays there.

I'd be very surprised if the other three arrived by Sunday but as it's only Wednesday there's still plenty of time for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Off the phone after 37 minutes of holding, lady told me anything that arrives in Ireland after tonight more than likely won’t be here until after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Yeah was talking to a lady, my package has been at in transit from Athlon mail center since the 13th of December. It's the whole bag that's missing she said, so there's be about 20 parcels in it, so she said she'll get onto Athlone to see if they can find it..

Package finally arrived into Dublin Parcel Hub today at 12.30. Rang customer service again this evening as im anxious to get it before Xmas, Told me its due to be sent to Portlaoise tonight but doubtful it will be here before Xmas, going to be disappointment on Christmas morning...oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

harr wrote: »
    My package that went missing on the 9th of December showed up yesterday as assigned delivery route and got delivered today, to be honest I wasn’t expecting to get it as the last Notification and update was delivered to an address in Galway.
    Amazon had sent out a replacement already which I received, so do I send one back and where to send it back ? amazon didn’t issue me with a return label.

You generate the return label by logging into your amazon account. Go into the order and click return. Print the label and drop it off at the post office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Shn99 wrote: »
    Package finally arrived into Dublin Parcel Hub today at 12.30. Rang customer service again this evening as im anxious to get it before Xmas, Told me its due to be sent to Portlaoise tonight but doubtful it will be here before Xmas, going to be disappointment on Christmas morning...oh well

My package got delivered today.. so fingers crossed you might get it before christmas i had accepted not getting mine, and then this morning it popped up.as in limerick after going to athlone on the 13th, and delivered then today, if they deliver over the weekend you might have a good chance..

Seems very hit and miss, I ordered something from Amazon on Saturday and it arrived on Tuesday.. that's when I started to worry about the package from the 13th..

Harpy wrote: »

My package got delivered today.. so fingers crossed you might get it before christmas i had accepted not getting mine, and then this morning it popped up.as in limerick after going to athlone on the 13th, and delivered then today, if they deliver over the weekend you might have a good chance..

Seems very hit and miss, I ordered something from Amazon on Saturday and it arrived on Tuesday.. that's when I started to worry about the package from the 13th..
    I m remaining hopeful, package never went to portlaoise last night after all

Parcel arrived in Clonmel DSU this morning however it’s down as Mis sorted, what does this mean?
    Mod: You have already started a thread about this. Please don’t post across different threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭glaswegian

I sent back a parcel to the UK two weeks ago,according to the tracking it's been in the portloaise depot since December 11th. The item in the parcel has to go back to the seller for an exchange of size and be sent back here I thought in time for xmas,looks like it'll be next Christmas now.

Mod: You have already started a thread about this. Please don’t post across different threads.
    Ok, I’m quite stressed out at the moment as it’s an expensive Christmas present I badly need for Christmas, I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news on Christmas morning. I understand you have rules but forgive me this once........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Got a parcel from Japan today that was sent lateast week and have another parcel from the UK sent on the 19th arriving tomorrow. Still waiting for two other UK parcels sent late last week but we'll see what happens.

So far so good given the time of year. One parcel is from the NBA Store and the rest are from eBay.

My package is now in Portlaoise Mail Center, is there a chance of it being out for delivery tomorrow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

My package is now in Portlaoise Mail Center, is there a chance of it being out for delivery tomorrow?

I would say doubtful tomorrow but should have it Sunday or Monday most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I have an Amazon package lost also in the past week. Tracking shown as delivered but it wasn't delivered to my home. Something strange on the tracking was this entry:

"CUSTOMER REQUEST ACCEPTED"

one minute before the delivery. I've never seen it before. I wonder have An Post temporary staff in pilfering in the run up to Christmas?

Thats not a nice comment.
    tedpan wrote: »
    Out for delivery today, 8 working days for an express delivery from the UK..

From my experience Royal Mail are pretty bad at clearing out parcels.

Possibly a good chance to get it before Christmas. There are deliveries every day including Christmas eve

As an An Post employee I think An Post have done a great job. The amount of parcels that have come into the system is unprecedented. It took Amazon and An Post totally by surprise.

An post put in a lot of extra resources, manpower and vans since mid November and ramped this up further in early December.
    From what I can see and have heard most of the blame lies with Amazon. A lot of their addresses were missing a bit on the left hand side so Paul becomes l, (first 3 letters missing from each line of the address) so in some cases no Eircode to ensure the parcel is sorted correctly. I handed an item to a customer on Tuesday and he showed me an email from Amazon which said his parcel was in transit. I had it in my hand and I have heard from other staff the same thing

Well done my colleagues in An Post

I have another package on the way that I’m in no rush to get, and to be fair it has been processed fairly fast.
    ITEM IS IN TRANSIT PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE
    CO LAOIS 21-Dec-18
    18:53
    ITEM IS IN TRANSIT DUBLIN PARCEL CENTRE
    BALLYMOUNT RD
    DUBLIN 12 21-Dec-18
    12:09
    ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED DUBLIN PARCEL CENTRE
    BALLYMOUNT RD
    DUBLIN 12 21-Dec-18
    12:09
    It’s just a shame the one I need for Xmas got sent to the wrong DSU, Remaining hopeful that I’ll have it in time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I have to say I haven't seen any issues at all, I find them quite fast, I had some parcels from Amazon with schedule delivery date for late next week that I got today I also another 2 I got the text from Anpost that I should get tomorrow or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bartix123

2018-12-17 04:00
    Arrive at destination country post office

Been like this since the 17th on 17track.net

When trying to track on anpost website item doesnt show up. Should i be worried? Will it come tomorrow?

If the An Post website doesn’t recognize the number then it hasn’t arrived yet, or at least that’s what I was told on the phone the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Bartix123 wrote: »

When trying to track on anpost website item doesnt show up. Should i be worried? Will it come tomorrow?
    I've two packages in similar circumstances. 1 from Germany 1 China. I doubt either will deliver this week. The one from Germany says it's been scanned in Ireland but nothing from An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Ordered something from amazon on Friday just to see if by any chance it might arrive before Christmas. It’s not needed for Christmas but got text from on post today saying it had arrived in Portlaoise , so it’s possible it will arrive tomorrow.
    Fairly impressive if it does get to me before the Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Christmas card to a young boy in Claregalway still.not delivered 10 days later.all other cards received ages ago. Silly me I put e20.00 in it for him as a Christmas surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Bartix123 wrote: »

Don't think so.
    I've two packages in similar circumstances. 1 from Germany 1 China. I doubt either will deliver this week. The one from Germany says it's been scanned in Ireland but nothing from An Post.

In both aforementioned situations all them packages indeed arrived, but they're more than likely just tossed up on the top of a massive pile of similar ones in a far corner of the depot and they will appear in anpost system eventually, when a member of busy staff find a little while to process them - that means exactly they pick an item, scan it (enters the system) and goes to delivery in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

joujoujou wrote: »
    Don't think so.

In both aforementioned situations all them packages indeed arrived, but they're more than likely just tossed up on the top of a massive pile of similar ones in a far corner of the depot and they will appear in anpost system eventually, when a member of busy staff find a little while to process them - that means exactly they pick an item, scan it (enters the system) and goes to delivery in a day or two.

Yeah I would have assumed that. Just wanted to weigh in that I'm in a similar situation. They aren't for Christmas so it's fine for me.

So after my little experiment of ordering something close to Christmas to see if it would arrive has ended in what looks like failure.
    Dispatch on Friday, arrived in Dublin on Saturday...Portlaoise yesterday so was looking promising as next step would normally be out for delivery...I only live about 10 minutes from Portlaoise warehouse.
    Anyway checked this morning and it had somehow ended up in maynooth - mis sorted , first time any of my deliveries has ended up in maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are there deliveries today ?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are there deliveries today ?
    Yes deliveries today but no collections

Christmas card with money for kid arrived today in galway. Thank goodness.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You hardly need telling never to do that again?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Two parcels posted in Dublin 5. One on 5th December and one 17th December. Both stuck in the Dublin parcel Hub since the 10th & 19th December. Delivery for both was to be Dublin.

An Post needs to cancel the contract with Amazon Prime be they just can't cope with the demand. They always struggled in December but I've never seen it this bad before.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »

You hardly need telling never to do that again?
    Bloody right.

Advertisement