Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Ordered 3 packages from Amazon. One arrived no bother, the other ( a charger and case for a phone ) arrived today two days late, again no problem with that especially at this time of year.

The one package missing is the actual phone itself. Was meant to be here the 12th but it's still not here and the last update on the tracking was at 9:34am on the 9th saying it left the Amazon center in Warwickshire so I don't know if it's even in Ireland.

It says come back Thursday if its not delivered but I just hope they don't refund me, I go off and get the phone somewhere else and then they charge me again if it turns up in late December/January.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭breadmond

I have a package from the states that's been in Portlaoise for 8 days now, is this normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Gyan84 wrote:
    It says come back Thursday if its not delivered but I just hope they don't refund me, I go off and get the phone somewhere else and then they charge me again if it turns up in late December/January.

If they refund you and it shows up, they'll usually just ask you to return it and give you a month or so before they charge you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

NATLOR wrote: »
    If it's an Amazon delivery. They are required to attempt delivery 3 times AFAIK

Cancelled for December, no ringing either, the volume that's there cant do it, I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Had a Parcel show up today it was shipped last month from amazon I am like how did it take a month?. Its only a vinyl like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Had a Parcel show up today it was shipped last month from amazon I am like how did it take a month?. Its only a vinyl like?

Ahh yes, but what SPEED vinyl? :D

breadmond wrote: »
    I have a package from the states that's been in Portlaoise for 8 days now, is this normal?

Oh oh, Customs charge for you, methinks..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

selous wrote: »
    Cancelled for December, no ringing either, the volume that's there cant do it, I heard.

Can confirm this as codswallop, no cancellation of the 3 attempts has been made,it makes no sense to leave a slip for collection and just have a building full of parcels,one attempt made by regular postie,followed by a evening attempt (where the service applies,i.e cities) on same day,3rd attempt following day by regular postie, slip left if no answer then .

Bare in mind, your number might not be attached to your item when scanned by postie,not all are,it's frustrating as a postie when no number available as if you call and they answer but ain't home,at least they can tell you where to leave it for them rather than bring it back, most parcels can be signed by the postie and left somewhere for the recipient at their request.

Only registered items can't be signed for, some legal reason behind that.

Also,it's shocking how many labels are cut in half these days by the senders labeling machine, I'd say 40% are useless unless you can decipher the person's details by what's on it.you could get it to the relevant city/town but any further isn't possible because it's just not printed properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone else ever noticed a package showing up on anpost before as

ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED DUBLIN AIRPORT CO DUBLIN

Package (China epacket) scanned there this morning, usually the first scan shows as the DMC, wonder are they doing the above to buy time with delays, eg add a day or two on for transport to DMC, lets see lets see how long to deliver now as no further scans today

Totally agree with the labelling at least 1cm of the left side of the address missing, the important part, hence the need to have the phone number in the barcode.
    Being getting texts in advance of the packet been delivered now with a choice of alternative thing to do, good idea too.
    My postwoman told me they werent bringing them out 3 times, getting leaflet if not in at first attempt. shes usually on a bike but using her car now, gone from 20 scanner things to 40-50 a day she says, and to bring next days out with up to half of previous days would be mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭breadmond

selous wrote: »
    Oh oh, Customs charge for you, methinks..:eek:
    That's what I was thinking, I thought that when customs held a package the tracker usually updated to reflect that though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

There was a full letter and parcel delivery yesterday nationwide.

Primary route parcel delivery today. Saw delivery van in Churchtown, Dublin earlier.

They also have a large number of Enterprise Rent-a-van vans.

Exact same in Sligo town.

Regular post Sat.

Parcel on Sunday, in a hired van.

breadmond wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking, I thought that when customs held a package the tracker usually updated to reflect that though

Portlaoise is one of the main customs hubs, If its getting done they look for a value in the packet or on the customs form if that's not there and its something you ordered they write to you looking for proof of value of the item, or it could be "foreign mail" just hasn't been got to yet and you could be lucky, as in late but no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

I got a notification that my parcel was ready for collection at my local hub....

Went to collect it and nothing there. They don’t know where it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I got a notification that my parcel was ready for collection at my local hub....

Went to collect it and nothing there. They don’t know where it is.

Did you miss-read the text message?

"Your item is now at AN Post National Hub"

It will probably be out for delivery Wednesday or Thursday. You should be able to see this on the tracking page

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

Davy wrote: »
    Did you miss-read the text message?

"Your item is now at AN Post National Hub"

It will probably be out for delivery Wednesday or Thursday. You should be able to see this on the tracking page

Sorry, didn’t mean to say hub.

It was at the national hub on December 1st.

It’s ready for collection since Friday at my local delivery unit.... but it’s not there and they have no idea where it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Had an Amazon package that got delivered to the hub at 6pm yesterday get delivered this morning at 9am

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Some bulls*it responses being pedalled out by An Post. Parcels due Dec 4th and Dec 11th so annoyed now. I get that it's a busy time of year and a few days late I'm fine with, weeks though with no way to know if its ever going to turn up is really irritating and they're treating it like a normal incident of post just being delayed and you're the only one affected rather than the fact that there is a major issue this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Had an Amazon package that got delivered to the hub at 6pm yesterday get delivered this morning at 9am

New post in, goes straight out. Anything sitting on pallets that came in weeks ago is seemingly still sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

The phone arrived this morning so I'm happy out.

The tracking still said the last update was it left the Amazon center in England until after I signed for it so I don't know why it didn't update once it hit the Dublin hub like the rest of my parcels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Parcel from UK arrived in Dublin Mail Center yesterday at 1655, AP tracking isnt recognising the tracking number (using wnDirect code), Anyone know how long it will take to get delivered? worried as its an xmas present

Hope this link works.
    postie in action delivering packets :D

https://www.facebook.com/1786599751616434/posts/2357383224538081?sfns=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

So I had a parcel arrive today the 18th that was posted in the UK on the 12th considering its the busiest time of the year for An Post I don't think they are doing that badly.

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone else ever noticed a package showing up on anpost before as

ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED DUBLIN AIRPORT CO DUBLIN

Package (China epacket) scanned there this morning, usually the first scan shows as the DMC, wonder are they doing the above to buy time with delays, eg add a day or two on for transport to DMC, lets see lets see how long to deliver now as no further scans today

And package delivered today, 9 days in total from when shipped in china (9th december) no complaints with that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

my3cents wrote:
    So I had a parcel arrive today the 18th that was posted in the UK on the 12th considering its the busiest time of the year for An Post I don't think they are doing that badly.

You're lucky, I have a package coming from the UK, posted on the 7th, still no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

On the 6th december i sent a parcel from Wicklow to Dublin on a guaranteed next day delivery. The lady in the post office in greystones said the only reason it wont be next day is if no one was there to accept it. They said nothing about being busy.
    The parcel still hasnt been delivered. After holding for 40 mintues for someone to answer the customer service number i was told there is nothing they can do and they are waiting for space at the sorting office before it can be sent out for delivery and they have no idea when that will be.
    I am fuming. My customer is unhappy and i wont be using anpost again. The only reason i didnt use my normal courier was so i didnt add an extra day waiting for them to pick it up from me. How i regret that. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Have a phone sitting at the parcel hub in D12 since the 13th of December. On the 14th, the status changed to "ASSIGNED DELIVERY ROUTE", and nothing since then. Starting to get a bit anxious at this stage!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

tedpan wrote:
    You're lucky, I have a package coming from the UK, posted on the 7th, still no sign of it.

Out for delivery today, 8 working days for an express delivery from the UK..

Have a phone sitting at the parcel hub in D12 since the 13th of December. On the 14th, the status changed to "ASSIGNED DELIVERY ROUTE", and nothing since then. Starting to get a bit anxious at this stage!

I had one sitting on assigned delivery route for 2 day's recently, if you still haven't got it you could try dropping into your local collection office and picking up from there, as that's where it's sitting waiting to go out

Anpost website updated with the below

19 December 2018

Due to huge volumes, some parcel deliveries are running a couple of days behind schedule and we are working hard to get all your parcels to you as quickly as possible. We have a great team of people who know how important your parcel is and who are doing everything possible to get your parcels processed and out for delivery.

There will be nationwide deliveries this Saturday, 22 December and on Christmas Eve. All mail posted in accordance with the latest dates of posting will be delivered.

All Post Offices will be open this Saturday 21^st^, December.

We wish all our customers a very Happy Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

My package that went missing on the 9th of December showed up yesterday as assigned delivery route and got delivered today, to be honest I wasn’t expecting to get it as the last Notification and update was delivered to an address in Galway.
    Amazon had sent out a replacement already which I received, so do I send one back and where to send it back ? amazon didn’t issue me with a return label.

Advertisement