Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Uh-oh

"Your package was delivered". I've been home all day, postman normally rings the doorbell, and it's saying "delivered at 12:55" - when I know for certain I was downstairs and couldn't have missed the postman.

Edit:
    The tracking updated a few minutes ago with a further line:

ITEM IN DEPOT CORK 05-Dec-18 13:27
    DELIVERED CORK 05-Dec-18 12:55
    ITEM IS ON DELIVERY CORK 05-Dec-18 06:30

Presume it got mis-scanned or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

My Amazon packages have been fine. The bigger problem for me is my DHL and DPD packages. Two now have left Germany to be forwarded to Ireland are both seem to be MIA with no updates from DHL/DPD or An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I ordered 4 items from Amazon on the 25th November with an estimated delivery date of Monday 3rd. Amazon said it was dispatched Friday 30th and there was no update on the tracker until today at 11.35 where it said it had been accepted at the Dublin 12 Hub and immediately another update saying it was In Transit. Nothing afterwards, no clue where it could be in transit to as it's being delivered to Dublin 14!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Delivering items to the wrong mail centre isn't helping. I have a few items waiting in athlone no where near where I live.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 magicmike2212

I love this "ordered NEEDED"

FFS - you ordered around Black friday for a product "NEEDED".

Well the mirror will show you the blame for that cockup.

I NEED stuff for my business, I ordered it a hell of a lot earlier than it was "needed" to be sure i had it.
    Good for you that you can see into the future. Mod: Warned<SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Typical reply from someone who didn't get the answer they wanted. off you go now to write a review about how it's their fault, not yours. Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

I don't run a business and knew to get everything ordered well in advance of mid-late November. It's basic enough stuff now in fairness champ!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

I won't be in a hurry to use their parcel management website again.

I got an email on Sunday with some delivery options for a package due on the Monday. Seeing as I was working I thought I would save myself a trip to the depot and have it delivered to work. Sure it will arrive Wednesday at the latest I thought. Big mistake. 72 hours later the tracking still says "CUSTOMER REQUEST ACCEPTED".

• Registered Users Posts: 32 magicmike2212

MOD <SNIP>
    Who said anything about 'immediate delivery'? I'm waiting 10 days and counting.

Do you think that is acceptable when they advertise guaranteed next day delivery?

As I stated in an earlier post, a couple of days at this time of year is acceptable. An indefinite time is not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: Posts deleted, snipped and tidied up. I'm locking this so everyone can take a breath and relax. Next one starts with the name calling, or condescendingly tells people what they should do, gets banned from the forum. I'll re-open it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

When did this thread turn into a an post employee damage limitation thread?

As mentioned the paying customer pays a premium for speedy shipping (prime).

Whilst checking yesterday my item is sitting in a Dublin hub. Expected delivery is between the 4th and 14th. Far from good enough. I didn't realise an post look after Amazon prime deliveries now. I'll be cancelling prime now as it's not worth paying a premium for.

I order quite alot from Germany. It's like clock work. The item takes 2-3 days to arrive in Ireland. It then takes a minimum if 4 days for an post to deliver.

Dpd are a god send. Very fast and always give a one hour delivery window. You can even track the delivery van on the app.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

Ordered of Amazon last week, shipped last Friday with expected delivery on Monday. Received a message on Monday to say they expected to deliver on Monday but it's been delayed. No big deal, thought I'd get it on Tuesday. Nothing on Tuesday, nothing on Wednesday with no shipping update on tracking. Amazon has been uphelpful, they haven't a clue what they were doing, reordered a few things, refunded others. What kind of help is that when I log into my account to see that I have to return my first order when it gets here. I didn't ask for my stuff to be re-ordered, it's no good to me next week anyway. Never had an issue with Amazon until now and I've been shopping over 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Really?

I’m in Kildare and get deliveries from amazon every week with 99% success rate on time to delivery.

I understand that orders multiply around this time but An Post have been far more consistent on delivery times compared to other couriers in Ireland

Yeh. I've never had a single problem with An Post. And if I'm not in when the postman calls (which is roughly the same time, every time), they actually leave a card saying they called and my parcel can be collected at the local depot.

Contrast that to some private couriers and I never know whether they've even called or not, or whether my package has been "delivered" to some other Tony, miles away.

I really would like a situation whereby the punter could choose which service they would prefer when they're buying online and not be at the mercy of cowboys like Fastway.

I'd choose An Post every single time.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

But who could handle it?

DPD were at capacity, Fastway were at capacity. An Post had a plan, but a storm caused massive delays in AMAZON getting their parcels to An Post. But once they had them, the delays were fairly minimal - and I think 99.9% of people understand there will be delays at this time of year.

There's always one or two people who think everything revolves around their package

I would say its 100% amazon issue for sending dispatch emails before they delivered the items to an post.

It’s not just amazon, I have two gap.eu 2 day deliveries that are in the depot since last Thursday and haven’t moved since. Gap are saying they define that as lost and are giving me my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

People should email jeff@amazon.com It will route your complaint to Amazon's executive offices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

My packages have been shipped, probably left the UK and came to Ireland and everything stopped then. What is going on? I stopped ordering from China because of the long delays. Have they started to keep packages from the UK now? We might get something in about 8, 9, 10 weeks time.

My packages have been shipped, probably left the UK and came to Ireland and everything stopped then. What is going on? I stopped ordering from China because of the long delays. Have they started to keep packages from the UK now? We might get something in about 8, 9, 10 weeks time.

They have a big backlog of packages in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Patience good people, in fairness to An Post they do their damdest to get everything sorted out in the lead up to Christmas.
    There's still almost 3 weeks! I do wonder why An Post don't have a depot for collection mind. It'd save them a tonne of work

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Last of my Amazon packages arrived yesterday, just 48 hours late which is what Amazon notified us of.

Was careful just to order stuff fulfilled by amazon to avoid issues.

Patience good people, in fairness to An Post they do their damdest to get everything sorted out in the lead up to Christmas.
    There's still almost 3 weeks! I do wonder why An Post don't have a depot for collection mind. It'd save them a tonne of work
    They would still need to sort them which I'm sure is where the major issue is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Boom2018

I’m currently waiting on 6 parcels from Amazon.

Of the 5 ordered last week, one is sitting in Dublin Parcel Hub since Tuesday and the other 4 don’t even have a scan yet.

The item I ordered this Tuesday evening is out for delivery already.

I also had an Amazon order delivered by UPS which came in two days as estimated even after being sent to the wrong sort facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

2 of my Amazon orders have gone walkies! An post doesn't know where they are and tracking numbers weren't recognized. Amazon refunded the items, can't reorder as they are out of stock or might arrive after Christmas! I just hope the rest now arrive !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

I've an item sitting in the Drogheda sorting office since Monday morning which has said 'Item on Delivery' since I first checked the tracking on Monday. No knocks or collection leaflets left in the post box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Do Royal Mail tracking numbers work in the An Post track and trace? It’s an international tracked item from the UK. It says delivered on the Royal Mail tracking but it isn’t. I think that just means delivered to An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I have also sent an item back to Amazon and it still shows as in transit as per the An Post website since 26th November. It has to be back with Amazon by 23rd December or they’ll charge me for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

markc1184 wrote: »
    I've an item sitting in the Drogheda sorting office since Monday morning which has said 'Item on Delivery' since I first checked the tracking on Monday. No knocks or collection leaflets left in the post box.

I just received 3 of my outstanding orders from Amazon this morning. (Also in Drogheda) the postman said they have loads of late orders but are catching up slowly but surely. Only 4 more orders to come !!😬

Another Amazon delivery today. They aren't a problem for me, it's everything that isn't Amazon that hasn't arrived yet. Still have two parcels in limbo between Germany and here. Both ordered before my two recent amazon purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

What is going on with an post?.

I know the post back log be large this time of year but we are talking weeks to get stuff from the UK!!.

Things going missing and then showing up 2 weeks later.

Online shopping is handy but jeses an post is pushing me to buy games digital from now on

My item has finally arrived in Dublin so a week after dispatch from the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

I ordered 2 items from Amazon on Monday and they were both delivered today by An Post (2 sep deliveries for identical items)

I am still waiting on 3 Amazon orders which I placed on Nov 29th and they shipped from UK on Nov 30th, nothing since on the tracking. Also waiting on 2 orders from diff companies that I ordered 3 weeks ago, the tracking just says In Transit.

Advertisement