Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

tedpan wrote: »
    I was in the local depot last night. The guy at the counter was going mad, so many Amazon customers have been told their parcel is ready for collection. An post have no idea why or where the packages are...

Thing is it seems to be just amazon deliveries going walk about for me. Ordered stuff from other uk websites and all were delivered ok.
    Speaking to An post yesterday it seems people are getting Notifications to collect items that can’t be found.
    I had 4 items to be delivered to day as in got Notification that they were out for delivery and suddenly they are pushed back on amazon till Friday and the tracking number is no longer active.. how can an active tracking number suddenly disappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

I had to wait 6 days for a parcel to make its way from Portlaoise to Dublin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

harr wrote:
    Thing is it seems to be just amazon deliveries going walk about for me. Ordered stuff from other uk websites and all were delivered ok. Speaking to An post yesterday it seems people are getting Notifications to collect items that can’t be found. I had 4 items to be delivered to day as in got Notification that they were out for delivery and suddenly they are pushed back on amazon till Friday and the tracking number is no longer active.. how can an active tracking number suddenly disappear?

You're right, definitely an Amazon issue. I collected eBay stuff yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I have an eBay GSP parcel missing also,

Tracking info says it arrived with an post friday last, got an AP tracking number - but it isn't recognised :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

They make Fastway look professional!

Not a chance - people have simply given up complaining on Fastway.

An Post got over 400,000 packages from Amazon last week. A huge amount of them only arrived on Thursday and Friday due to storms causing shipping chaos on the Irish sea.

How it works is Amazon pick/pack & put an post labels on all parcels. They then ship them from various UK warehouses directly to An Post Dublin distribution centres.

Problem is Amazon say its been dispatched as soon as it leaves their depot, but An Post can do nothing until it gets to them and trucks that should have got there on Tuesday/Wednesday, got to An Post on Thursday / Friday and this threw their systems out as they had it planned for the volume to arrive 2 days previously.

Their planning went as far as requesting their three major bulk mailing customers to hold off sending end of month statements until Friday. (these 3 would do most mailing for all banks, utilities etc. so volume is huge)

But this meant Friday saw a deluge.

BTW - its the same with DPD and other carriers, yet some people still think that with multiple levels of volumes that a next day service is still possible. Geez!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 magicmike2212

Not a chance - people have simply given up complaining on Fastway.

An Post got over 400,000 packages from Amazon last week. A huge amount of them only arrived on Thursday and Friday due to storms causing shipping chaos on the Irish sea.

How it works is Amazon pick/pack & put an post labels on all parcels. They then ship them from various UK warehouses directly to An Post Dublin distribution centres.

Problem is Amazon say its been dispatched as soon as it leaves their depot, but An Post can do nothing until it gets to them and trucks that should have got there on Tuesday/Wednesday, got to An Post on Thursday / Friday and this threw their systems out as they had it planned for the volume to arrive 2 days previously.

Their planning went as far as requesting their three major bulk mailing customers to hold off sending end of month statements until Friday. (these 3 would do most mailing for all banks, utilities etc. so volume is huge)

But this meant Friday saw a deluge.

BTW - its the same with DPD and other carriers, yet some people still think that with multiple levels of volumes that a next day service is still possible. Geez!

Mine was sent on the 26th, before the Amazon delivery. It's been sitting in Dublin 12 for 10 days, no sign of movement.

A day or two delay is acceptable at this time of year, over a week is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah waiting on an Xmas jumper from a shop in Dublin and apparently it was sent out last week and still hasant arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Mine is from Adidas so it's not just Amazon. No one knows where mine is sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

My amazon packages seem to be fine. Everything else seems up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Five packages from Amazon well over a week late now.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

titan18 wrote: »
    Mine is from Adidas so it's not just Amazon. No one knows where mine is sadly.

Was it sent via DHL?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

3 parcels arrived this morning two from Amazon and one from eBay...Amazon a week late and eBay arrived before estimated delivery time. Amazon orders still showing as in Dublin hub. Still missing the one that went to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Not really buying into the whole "Amazon's fault" line. My package is missing between AddressPal Hatfield and Home. I have the notification it was recieved, and then nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I have an Amazon package lost also in the past week. Tracking shown as delivered but it wasn't delivered to my home. Something strange on the tracking was this entry:

"CUSTOMER REQUEST ACCEPTED"

one minute before the delivery. I've never seen it before. I wonder have An Post temporary staff in pilfering in the run up to Christmas?

Mrs Nut had an amazon order due fo delivery on 03/12, signed for delivery due to value of items. Tracking Poped up on Monday saying parcel delivered and signed by S. Kelly.

She was having a panic because there is no S.Kelly living at our address or any house close by, low and behold when I landed home from work there was the parcel sitting in full view after just being thrown into the porch. Any passing nerdowell could have just lifted the parcel and gotten a head start for the Christmas shopping. I woder how an post / amazon would have dealt with it if the lad looking to clean the gutters managed to aquire it from the porch?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This happens every year between black Friday & Christmas eve. I'd expect it to be worse this year because an post now handle all amazon prime orders. This would be a huge increase on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

RustyNut wrote: »
    Mrs Nut had an amazon order due fo delivery on 03/12, signed for delivery due to value of items. Tracking Poped up on Monday saying parcel delivered and signed by S. Kelly.

She was having a panic because there is no S.Kelly living at our address or any house close by, low and behold when I landed home from work there was the parcel sitting in full view after just being thrown into the porch. Any passing nerdowell could have just lifted the parcel and gotten a head start for the Christmas shopping. I woder how an post / amazon would have dealt with it if the lad looking to clean the gutters managed to aquire it from the porch?

Had a similar case today, doorbell was rang and before I got to the door (<minute), the parcel was left at the porch and the postie was off on his van. Parcel wasn't valuable, but I would rather they took it back to the depot for pickup, rather it being left unattended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

whiterebel wrote: »
    Was it sent via DHL?

Yup, DHL to AnPost from, and seems to have gotten lost after Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I have a few things from Amazon (with Prime) that were initially due last Monday, but now saying "December 4th-13th". They're Christmas presents for adults, so not a big deal with the delay, but if it was something urgent it could be very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Thoie wrote: »
    I have a few things from Amazon (with Prime) that were initially due last Monday, but now saying "December 4th-13th". They're Christmas presents for adults, so not a big deal with the delay, but if it was something urgent it could be very annoying.

yes, I am annoyed as ordered something required urgently on 30th Nov and its showing delivery date 4-12th now(changed this morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's back Friday post. Nothing an post can do when they've been landed with a massive back log of packages.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's back Friday post. Nothing an post can do when they've been landed with a massive back log of packages.
    They shouldn't take on the business (Amazon etc.) if they are not geared up to deliver their promises.

They would know from previous years the amount of parcels to expect at this time of year.

It's much more this year. The ****ty weather didn't help as most of the boats got seriously delayed so they all arrived together.

1-2 days extra shouldn't be a big problem. They aren't exactly delivering life saving equipment. People have no patience nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

A bit like Kent Brockman and Ned Flanders on tax day, finished long an ever ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

1-2 days extra shouldn't be a big problem. They aren't exactly delivering life saving equipment. People have no patience nowadays.
    In fairness, it's not like prime or addresspal are free services. One of the things you pay the Prime subscription for is faster delivery.

In excess of 10 days is a big problem. My order is needed for my business, it's not a Christmas present. If it was a Christmas present I wouldn't be worried.
    I even offered to call out to the depot to collect, which isn't an option as my delivery could be at the bottom of the parcel mountain.

Didn't know that paying for a service meant they could change the weather.

Am on have obviously overpromised massively, their website seems to be telling people their item is somewhere, while an post are saying different.

It's unfortunate, but not sure if it's avoidable given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I think its an Amazon rather than AP issue. Eg I've had about 4 packages from China this week, all getting delivered the day after being scanned at the DMC. On the otherhand I've got Amazon packages showing on their site as due for delivery tomorrow, but the AP tracking number isn't even active yet, so fairly obvious that it's either not here or sorted yet, eitherways I've always taken the Amazon due delivery date with a pinch of salt.

As for AddressPal, I used it again recently after it being a shambles last year, and its still the same! 10 day's for a package to get here after delivery to the UK, but I'm not complaining as I was half expecting same. I wouldn't advise using it for anything time dependant or expensive, once you are prepared to wait for your package when it goes into the black hole in Hatfield then all is good

They shouldn't take on the business (Amazon etc.) if they are not geared up to deliver their promises.

They would know from previous years the amount of parcels to expect at this time of year.

But who could handle it?

DPD were at capacity, Fastway were at capacity. An Post had a plan, but a storm caused massive delays in AMAZON getting their parcels to An Post. But once they had them, the delays were fairly minimal - and I think 99.9% of people understand there will be delays at this time of year.

There's always one or two people who think everything revolves around their package

I would say its 100% amazon issue for sending dispatch emails before they delivered the items to an post.

In excess of 10 days is a big problem. My order is needed for my business, it's not a Christmas present. If it was a Christmas present I wouldn't be worried.
    I even offered to call out to the depot to collect, which isn't an option as my delivery could be at the bottom of the parcel mountain.

I love this "ordered NEEDED"

FFS - you ordered around Black friday for a product "NEEDED".

Well the mirror will show you the blame for that cockup.

I NEED stuff for my business, I ordered it a hell of a lot earlier than it was "needed" to be sure i had it.

MOD: You might want to tone it down a bit. You have no idea what that posters circumstances are.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    Was it sent via DHL?

My Amazon parcel was with DHL and supposed to be delivered today but it's still in UK according to Amazon.

Advertisement