Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning AnPost have long delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Is there post on Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Is there post on Thursday

Saw my postman this morning and he said see you again Friday.

Edit........................ https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Christmas-2018/christmas-2018-delivery-collection-dates

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I got a package this morning from Amazon from an post.

It was down as getting delivered in January I was delighted as it's for the wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Two missed calls today, didn't know the number, got a text 2 hours later to say my Amazon parcel had been delivered today (27th, was due on 28th) to a newsagent about 1km away, so I rang the missed call number, it was DHL, he couldn't get in (through the open gate) and there was no knocker to knock, but there is a doorbell and 5 people in the house at the time,
    But it's here a day early and it's not too far away, rather than tomorrow and to the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Whirl_wolle

I know anpost had some delays delivering throughout December. I had a parcel that was slow being delivered but it eventually came. Is anyone else still waiting on an online order to be delivered. I ordered from an Irish shop on December the 10th. I ordered from them before and they used Anpost. There was no sign of my order come the 20th and 21st of December so I sent an email. I was told that they sent it on the 17th. I was hoping at that stage it would come by Christmas Eve but nothing came.

Was last Thursday and Friday after Christmas postal days? Nothing came then. Today's mail, came and went and nothing today either. I think it should have been here by now. Especially considering it's a national delivery and not international.

I emailed today to see if there was a tracking number but I didn't get a response. What now? Do I wait for Wednesdays post and if it doesn't arrive, start a charge back process on the card with the bank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I know anpost had some delays delivering throughout December. I had a parcel that was slow being delivered but it eventually came. Is anyone else still waiting on an online order to be delivered. I ordered from an Irish shop on December the 10th. I ordered from them before and they used Anpost. There was no sign of my order come the 20th and 21st of December so I sent an email. I was told that they sent it on the 17th. I was hoping at that stage it would come by Christmas Eve but nothing came.

I have a small mail order company based in Dublin 5. An Post today delivered a parcel I posted in a Dublin 5 post office on December 5th or 6th. It was only going to North County Dublin yet took almost a month. There is another parcel I posted on the 17th December & that's still stuck in the Dublin postal hub.

Their crappy Christmas service is making my mail order business look very bad. An Post parcel service is supposed to be next working day in Ireland.
    I emailed today to see if there was a tracking number but I didn't get a response. What now? Do I wait for Wednesdays post and if it doesn't arrive, start a charge back process on the card with the bank?

I have had no response to any emails sent over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I ordered a SIM card from eir mobile, claimed to be posted on 13th of December. Not yet arrived.

joujoujou wrote: »
    I ordered a SIM card from eir mobile, claimed to be posted on 13th of December. Not yet arrived.

That should come with a tracking number, so you should be able to track it, see whos at fault.

Into the second postal day after new year and still nothing in the mail.

Into the second postal day after new year and still nothing in the mail.

I'm amazed that main stream media hasn't picked up on this story.

• Advertisement

A Christmas card came yesterday in the mail from America with a postal date stamp of the 21st of December.

I ordered hobby supplies from an online shop in Dublin on New year's day and it was delivered today.

Something is amiss with my order from December.
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm amazed that main stream media hasn't picked up on this story.

Maybe try emailing the journal.ie.or other news outlets.

Just had some ordinary mail (envelopes) arrive from the UK and the dates on the letters (so not necessarily when they were sent) were 3rd December, 6th December and 10th December. I'd expected all of them well before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Definitely something serious going on. Since October, I've had 1 parcel go completely lost and refunded by Amazon. I now have 6 outstanding: 3 from UK, 2 from Germany and 1 from the US. All the EU ones arrived at An Post Ireland within a week (15-17th Nov) but haven't budged. the 1 from the US vanished from tracking. But that's probably a customs thing.

I've never seen it this bad. Must be a record year for An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mates package was mark Delivered by AP on Dec 13th, to a building with a concierge. No sign of it. Claim in progress.

AP should really push the Delivery Box, offer it at little to no cost. Saves them repeat visits for Amazon etc and keeps the DUs empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I ordered an item from Etsy, seller posting from Ukraine. They posted on 3rd December. Tracking updated on 5th to say it was leaving Ukraine customs. Nothing at all since then. Should have arrived by now, an post can't do anything with the tracking number because it was issued by UKR post. Postman whizzed past this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Just to add to my above post, if I ring An Post will they be able to actually do anything? The lady at the post office told me it was up to the seller in Ukraine to try and track it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

If its not in AP system whatsoever they cant do nothing

I got a reply to the email I sent An Post on the 18th Dec today. It took over two weeks to get a reply. It says:
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry and please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding. It was as a result of the unprecedented volume of e-mail enquiries received over the Christmas period.

Our records show this item was successfully delivered on 31/12/2018.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused and please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

It was delivered but it took almost 4 weeks to get from Dublin 5 to North county Dublin.

I had another parcel posted in Dublin 5 on 17 December & was finally delivered to Dublin 9 on the 2nd January

Shocking service

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That’s terrible failure of both service and customer services.

Xzen wrote: »
    Definitely something serious going on. Since October, I've had 1 parcel go completely lost and refunded by Amazon. I now have 6 outstanding: 3 from UK, 2 from Germany and 1 from the US. All the EU ones arrived at An Post Ireland within a week (15-17th Nov) but haven't budged. the 1 from the US vanished from tracking. But that's probably a customs thing.

I've never seen it this bad. Must be a record year for An Post.

That is diabolical.

• Advertisement

The order that I was waiting on - I'm still waiting for it. Nothing in the mail on Friday or today.

What am I supposed to do here now? I am to assume it's gone astray and it won't come at this stage or do I continue waiting for it.

I made two online orders last week to England. Tracking on the pair of them. The tracking on the pair of them said it made it into portlaoise and Dublin DSU yesterday. One was delivered today. The other is still sitting in Dublin.

I was told today that people are still getting Christmas trees delivered by An Post....... I sincerely hope they were ordered in the sales and are for Christmas 2019 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stevendon

They must have received another Amazon delivery yesterday.

None of the 12 Express Post guaranteed next day parcels I sent yesterday have gone beyond their initial scan from my local depot. Probably sitting on the truck outside the D12 Parcel Centre.

I could forgive a small delay during Christmas but this is unacceptable in January.

Looks like I'll be going back to courier for deliveries now.

Shameful service from An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Still no sign of two birthday cards for my daughter that were due around 7th of december.
    One had cash (I know, stupid) in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,299 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I had 3 ali orders ordered 28/12, delivered yesterday, which is better than normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stevendon

LeoB wrote: »

As an An Post employee I think An Post have done a great job. The amount of parcels that have come into the system is unprecedented. It took Amazon and An Post totally by surprise.

An post put in a lot of extra resources, manpower and vans since mid November and ramped this up further in early December.
    From what I can see and have heard most of the blame lies with Amazon. A lot of their addresses were missing a bit on the left hand side so Paul becomes l, (first 3 letters missing from each line of the address) so in some cases no Eircode to ensure the parcel is sorted correctly. I handed an item to a customer on Tuesday and he showed me an email from Amazon which said his parcel was in transit. I had it in my hand and I have heard from other staff the same thing

Well done my colleagues in An Post

What about other businesses using An Post? All my labels have the correct address and Eircodes. What excuse can you give?

The delays are continuing into January now. What excuse can you give? Are you all on holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I had 3 ali orders ordered 28/12, delivered yesterday, which is better than normal!
    Lucky you, I've two Ali orders out at the moment. One since early Dec and one since the 27th. Both held up somewhere in Ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

29/12 Ali order delivered today, still have a rake of late November and December orders en route though

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

stevendon wrote: »
    What about other businesses using An Post? All my labels have the correct address and Eircodes. What excuse can you give?

The delays are continuing into January now. What excuse can you give? Are you all on holiday?

I honestly dont know how these delays are occurring but it is infuriating for us delivery staff also. I have had a few inquiries from my customers (I have about (4,000 addresses I deliver to). I would go to my local office and ask why this has happened, you will move your business. My wife ordered an item on Tuesday night and it arrived today.
    The week just gone has been as busy as it was at Christmas. We were under sever pressure this week and some Christmas staff were kept on to help get the parcels out. What I did find strange was a lady was asking me about a parcel when a courier came along with the one that was supposed to be delivered by An Post, obviously an error from sender, Amazon.

While I defend An Post someone will be held accountable. There is serious level of accountability through all grades. Again this week caught a lot of us by surprise such were the volumes of parcels.

• Advertisement

LeoB wrote: »
    I honestly dont know how these delays are occurring but it is infuriating for us delivery staff also. I have had a few inquiries from my customers (I have about (4,000 addresses I deliver to). I would go to my local office and ask why this has happened, you will move your business. My wife ordered an item on Tuesday night and it arrived today.
    The week just gone has been as busy as it was at Christmas. We were under sever pressure this week and some Christmas staff were kept on to help get the parcels out. What I did find strange was a lady was asking me about a parcel when a courier came along with the one that was supposed to be delivered by An Post, obviously an error from sender, Amazon.

While I defend An Post someone will be held accountable. There is serious level of accountability through all grades. Again this week caught a lot of us by surprise such were the volumes of parcels.

I got an Amazon Prime delivery that normally comes by An Post with UPS this week. Ordered the same product (an air filter) at least four times previously and its always come with An Post before?

Only took 2 days with DPD btw.

Advertisement