Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I think I post this every year, but my lord I miss the old Renault livery.

2081142516635.jpg

Yes that was a great livery and it would be great to see Renault do something like that again someday but I must also say I actually really like the livery on this years car. Think its the best looking car so far.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Renault-R-S19-F1-Auto-Saison-2019-fotoshowBig-32620334-1423662.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I was planning Silverstone this year and still might but it's working out cheaper to camp at Spa or Hockenheim.
    I'd love to do Silverstone though.
    Fair play. I’ve been to Silverstone in 2014 with my Mrs. It’s great. As another poster said it’s part race part festival. Going with the lads this time so will be a slightly different vibe.

Would love to try spa or Germany. Went to Budapest last year and flights accommodation and tickets on the main straight was 500 which I thought was good value. Lots of options.

Three launches tomorrow. Mercedes, Red Bull and Racing Point.

Racing Point will only be a livery launch. Will be interesting to see if they have new colours this year.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Three launches tomorrow. Mercedes, Red Bull and Racing Point.

Racing Point will only be a livery launch. Will be interesting to see if they have new colours this year.
    I’d be very surprised if they change title sponsor. It’s a great livery as it stands out and looks good. BWT sponsors lots of teams so I’d say they have an F1 budget. If Racing Point didn’t want their money, someone else would have it and point their car pink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

pjohnson wrote: »
    DzJfsWRWsAILhup?format=jpg&name=large

Look at the rake on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Gintonious wrote: »
    Look at the rake on it!

Autosport have it up that its last years car .

"Though it issued images and video of the 2019 car, the chassis at the launch was an '18 model with elements of the new design on it."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141440/renault-launches-its-2019-f1-design

think it says some where there as well the car is running late

Joeface wrote: »
    Autosport have it up that its last years car .

"Though it issued images and video of the 2019 car, the chassis at the launch was an '18 model with elements of the new design on it."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141440/renault-launches-its-2019-f1-design

think it says some where there as well the car is running late

Sounds like a few teams are behind on that this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

The Renault looks so good from the side but too much yellow from the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

pjohnson wrote: »
    DzJfsWRWsAILhup?format=jpg&name=large

Red bull rake levels here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

OSI wrote: »
    The great thing about Silverstone is that it's part GP and part festival. Spa doesn't do much beyond the actual event itself.

A lot more going on in Spa than in Barca, fan zone in Spa was 100 times better, we stayed in the Elephant campsite but the Young campsite and campingf1 sites had concerts all weekend.
    But I understand what you mean about Silverstone.

The campsite near Les Combes was great when I went. Not sure how official much of the activities were but great atmosphere. Nothing will match Le Mans though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

It's a good looking car....

One thing I don't like is the front wing end plates (is that even what there called) there too big and too square.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Looks very compact. More floor than car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Red Bull. Another launch livery:

DzSIMyGXgAE0dCW-780x405.jpg

DzSK8_rWsAAb_01.jpg

I thought that was Coke Zero at first glance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The Red Bull launch livery is horrid, and I can spot just the tiniest mention of Honda on the car in the form of a badge on the nose. So if the engine is good Aston Martin get the brand recognition, but when it inevitably fails Honda gets all the bad PR. What's in it for Honda again ?

The Merc looks alright, in those photos it looks massive but does have the benefit of some serious packaging at the rear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Oh my goodness...my eyes!!!

That said, the Merc looks very clean - do I detect a higher rake than last year's car?

The RB...well, if that livery's goal is to conceal the car lines during launch and testing, it's working very well - can't really see much detail :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Red Bull do the same each year.

(Quote from 2018 thread)
    recyclebin wrote: »
    DWZbl-zXcAAmbPm.jpg:large

That halo looks disgusting though.

Hard to look at , done to hide what ever they have figured out until the first race

Joeface wrote: »
    Hard to look at , done to hide what ever they have figured out until the first race
    And to be fair they won’t have any fancy bits on the car on launch day. They’ll start introducing the fancy bits towards the end of testing and race weekend in Melbourne

• Advertisement

at this stage the first race is too far away ...................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

472986.png

It's eye-watering.

Merc looks nice. Red bull is awful - if their plan to to create headaches they're doing a good job.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Looks good. I see JCB has moved from Williams to Racing Point. Williams is really struggling. I wonder if it will survive.

I hope they have a solid season and generate some interest. Another couple of seasons like this could see them go the way of a lot of old teams like Arrows and Tyrell.

Williams is really struggling. I wonder if it will survive.

I hope they will. Would be a shame if they disappeared from the grid.

DzR0dL4WwAA2msY.jpg

EiY4vuF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

2019launchracingpoint_s012@@fes_width%5E600@@fes_height%5E900.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The force sorry Racing Point front wing looks different to the other cars shown so far. I like it. Think it the Renault and the Merc are the best looking cars so far.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

recyclebin wrote: »
    2019launchracingpoint_s012@@fes_width%5E600@@fes_height%5E900.jpg

The section in front of the side pods look like a torture device.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Glad the Pink Panthers are still on the grid, they add some colour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Looking forward to Perez wiping the floor with Stroll

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement