Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Are the filming days on special tyres? Would they get any useful downforce data? Probably not. I'd guess its not the real front wing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Mclaren looks nice. Really hope they can do better this year but still think they will miss having an experienced driver like Alonso around.

The Alfa certainly looks different but Id say the livery is not there final livery and that front wing is quite unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Close-up of the front wing on the Alfa:

Kimi-Raeikkoenen-Alfa-Romeo-Sauber-C38-Shakedown-Fiorano-2019-fotoshowBig-ce400552-1424495.jpg

Dzb636EX0AAlE0D?format=jpg&name=medium

Ferrari SF90.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

These cars are just works of art

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

I see they changed the Mission Winnow to grey/black likely to get around the link to Marlboro and current investigations.

Interesting position of the mirrors but if they lose the bodywork piece they are attached to the mirror is gone as well. EDIT: It’s attached separately to the main bodywork as well hard to see in that picture but the other attachment could still result in a lost mirror just not as likely as I first thought.

That Mission Winnow logo was atrocious last year. In black it is only look marginally better. Other than that red and black is a nice look.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

OSI wrote: »
    Ferrari have copied the McLaren nose from last year?

Ii does like they copied part of it alright. Its not as ugly at the front do as the Mclaren nose was.

Some pics of the new Toro Rosso from their filiming day:

Daniil-Kvyat-Toro-Rosso-STR14-Shakedown-Misano-Formel-1-2019-fotoshowBig-2a2c2d84-1424682.jpg
    Daniil-Kvyat-Toro-Rosso-STR14-Shakedown-Misano-Formel-1-2019-fotoshowBig-676ab7f9-1424684.jpg

Looks like the paint is a matte finish.

You can actually see the Honda name on their car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Channel 4 highlights will remain more or less the same. Ben Edwards and David Coulthard in the box with Lee McKenzie in the paddock. Steve Jones remains as anchor and Mark Webber and Eddie Jordan are staying as pundits. Billy Monger also joins the team but I doubt it'll be as Karun Chandoks replacement. No word as to who that is.
    https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2019/02/15/billy-monger-joins-channel-4s-f1-team-as-2019-coverage-details-finalised/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

28cf4c22ab4e22a9adb2268d61b741a4-4

So THIS is actually the new Williams.

flazio wrote:
    Channel 4 highlights will remain more or less the same. Ben Edwards and David Coulthard in the box with Lee McKenzie in the paddock. Steve Jones remains as anchor and Mark Webber and Eddie Jordan are staying as pundits. Billy Monger also joins the team but I doubt it'll be as Karun Chandoks replacement. No word as to who that is.

Will they be showing any of the races live?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

That is so much better. Williams first failure of the year - their initial presentation. The lighting did nothing for the car!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

Wanderer78 wrote: »

The British GP is the only live race on channel 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Sky have the whole thing wrapped up until the end of 2024.

The British Grand Prix is probably the only race that will escape Sky’s exclusivity in that time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,078 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Some pics of the new Toro Rosso from their filiming day:

Looks like the paint is a matte finish.
    I think lots if not all cars are matte this year. I think it looks cool but apparently red bull found some small aero advantage last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Gintonious wrote: »
    So THIS is actually the new Williams.
    astrofluff wrote: »
    That is so much better. Williams first failure of the year - their initial presentation. The lighting did nothing for the car!!

It looks much less like a toothpaste tube now!

I think it looks good. And it will be distinctive on the grid. Considering they’re one of the few (2?) teams that have a new livery, I think it’s good.

Some front view pics of the top three teams:

Mercedes:

Mercedes-AMG-F1-W10-F1-Auto-2019-fotoshowBig-bbfb3a90-1424026.jpg

Ferrari:

Ferrari-SF90-F1-Auto-2019-fotoshowBig-1b51df9-1424749.jpg

Red Bull:

Red-Bull-RB15-F1-Auto-2019-articleDetail-7bd85ed1-1424104.jpg

I like the triangle shape airbox on the Ferrari.

• Advertisement

lolie wrote:
    The British GP is the only live race on channel 4.

Sky have the whole thing wrapped up until the end of 2024.

I'm gonna have to sort out an android box or something, my normal streaming source just isn't reliable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm gonna have to sort out an android box or something, my normal streaming source just isn't reliable enough

Eir Sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Eir Sport?

Won't be showing F1 this year. Sky bought out their Irish contract.

I'm looking forward to seeing the cars testing in natural light next week.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing the cars testing in natural light next week.
    That means it almost time for the annual “x backmarker did the best tielmenin pre season testing so I wonder if they’ll be a contender this year” post.

That means it almost time for the annual “x backmarker did the best tielmenin pre season testing so I wonder if they’ll be a contender this year” post.

I never take testing times seriously.

So Le Clerc is already being told he is the no. 2 driver by Ferrari!!!

http://www.pitpass.com/63904/Ferrari-to-focus-on-Vettel-to-begin-with

• Registered Users Posts: 15,514 ✭✭✭✭vectra

recyclebin wrote: »
    So Le Clerc is already being told he is the no. 2 driver by Ferrari!!!

http://www.pitpass.com/63904/Ferrari-to-focus-on-Vettel-to-begin-with

Why would anyone expect anything different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Ferrari playing the long game with LeClerc possibly.

Support Vettel now, once he’s eventually ousted then bring in someone else as number 2 to LeClerc

At 21 I expect he will be in a Ferrari for at least the next 10 years unless he has the opportunity to do a “Hamilton” elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,302 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ya but if leclerc can start to out qualify him, they will soon enough throw their full weight behind him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement