Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭flazio

mickdw wrote: »
    I tried to buy a case of rich energy on their site.
    No luck. Don't ship to Ireland or anywhere bar UK it would appear.

Parcel motel or address pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

24 can costs 20 pound, 90 million sold according to the guy. Even if that is true, you can calculate how wonky the sponsorship is.
    Red bull in comparison 6 billion in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think he said 90 million made, so not all of it sold. That'll be a big warehouse holding that many. How long until the stuff expires? Probably as long as they last, 4 races.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So is it this week that the first of the new cars will be revealed? Can't wait to see there new livery's and colours.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

AMKC wrote: »
    So is it this week that the first of the new cars will be revealed? Can't wait to see there new livery's and colours.

It is. Toro Rosso tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

flazio wrote: »
    Parcel motel or address pal.

I didn't so much want the drink, just checking it's availability.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

whyte-logo.jpg

Rich energy sued for copying that logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Harika wrote: »

Rich energy sued for copying that logo.

Their some chancers, can we have a poll or something to see how many races they last.

Well here's the Calender...

I've got my money on race 5, Spain, when the European races start (proper).

Grands Prix scheduled to be held as part of the 2019 World Championship:
    Round |Grand Prix |Circuit |Date
    1|Australian Grand Prix |Australia Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne |17 March
    2 |Bahrain Grand Prix |Bahrain Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir |31 March
    3 |Chinese Grand Prix |China Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai |14 April
    4 |Azerbaijan Grand Prix |Azerbaijan Baku City Circuit, Baku |28 April
    5 |Spanish Grand Prix |Spain Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Montmeló |12 May
    6 |Monaco Grand Prix |Monaco Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo |26 May
    7 |Canadian Grand Prix |Canada Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal |9 June
    8 |French Grand Prix |France Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet |23 June
    9 |Austrian Grand Prix |Austria Red Bull Ring, Spielberg |30 June
    10 |British Grand Prix |United Kingdom Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone |14 July
    11 |German Grand Prix |Germany Hockenheimring, Hockenheim |28 July
    12 |Hungarian Grand Prix |Hungary Hungaroring, Mogyoród |4 August
    13 |Belgian Grand Prix |Belgium Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot |1 September
    14 |Italian Grand Prix |Italy Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza |8 September
    15 |Singapore Grand Prix |Singapore Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore |22 September
    16 |Russian Grand Prix |Russia Sochi Autodrom, Sochi |29 September
    17 |Japanese Grand Prix |Japan Suzuka International Racing Course, Suzuka |13 October
    18 |Mexican Grand Prix |Mexico Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City |27 October
    19 |United States Grand Prix |United States Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas |3 November
    20 |Brazilian Grand Prix |Brazil Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo |17 November
    21 |Abu Dhabi Grand Prix |United Arab Emirates Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi |1 December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

1.30pm today Toro Rosso reveal
    3pm Williams reveal

McLaren are teaming up with British American Tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭corminators

The energy drink thing is some sort of weird kickback to Haas who thinks he has been very hard done by in the sport IMO. Budget caps were meant to be introduced and weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Rumours Alonso may do some of the preseason testing for McLaren.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    McLaren are teaming up with British American Tobacco.

Got a source on this?

flazio wrote: »
    Got a source on this?

Autosport website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Interested to see what Merc do this year. Teasing that silver was last year.

Reckon it will be a livery only used for testing, just like RedBull had that lovely dark navy, blue and white car that was only used for testing. Can't stray from Silver Arrow image.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Cool_CM wrote: »

So they saw what Ferrari and John Morris were doing with Mission Winnow and copied it. What a load of horse manure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

recyclebin wrote: »
    So they saw what Ferrari and John Morris were doing with Mission Winnow and copied it. What a load of horse manure!

Even horse manure has a value in F1 these days it seems.

On a serious note, can they advertise tobacco products where it is still legal such as China or are they prohibited by being EU registered/based companies?

• Advertisement

Toro-Rosso-STR14-F1-Saison-2019-fotoshowBig-b7347da8-1423324.jpg

:cool:

I'm really liking this year's front wings. Very cool and slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

astrofluff wrote: »
    I'm really liking this year's front wings. Very cool and slick.

Very clean without all the rubbish appendages added on, but they are absurdly wide and give the cars a bit of a "snowplough" look.

Although the most interesting thing will be the first two braking zones in Melbourne - I can see a few front wings knackered before the drivers get to full grips with the new dimensions...

Williams will be now known as 'Rokit Wiliams Racing'.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Williams will be now known as 'Rokit Wiliams Racing'.

Rokit looks only slightly better than Force Energy. Just slightly as startup from August 2018, no product yet released
    Nice livery btw, looks similar to the BWT from Racing Point.

DzIlL3UX4AEbxOe?format=jpg&name=small

Ms

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Very clean without all the rubbish appendages added on, but they are absurdly wide and give the cars a bit of a "snowplough" look.

Although the most interesting thing will be the first two braking zones in Melbourne - I can see a few front wings knackered before the drivers get to full grips with the new dimensions...

I never minded all the appendages on the wings but do agree it got a bit silly. I think they should have just been allowed 3 wings maybe one for the high downforce tracks, one for the slower tracks and one for the low downforce tracks but be able to use whichever wing suited best, Instead it was nearly a new wing for every race by the big teams.

As for being very wide they were this or wider before the 2014 rules came in.

Just look up any of the cars from 2011 the wings went way out and lots of them got broke during the races as the drivers got to close trying to base or get by in a tight corner.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm really liking the Williams

george-russell-williams-robert.jpg

Williams-Neue-Lackierung-2019-fotoshowBig-9db223ae-1423480.jpg

Beautiful shade of blue on the Williams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

It looks really good there, but I'll reserve judgement til I see it on track, in daylight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement