Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭omega man

Who’s this moron on virgin ranting.

He’s in PBP and he’s wearing a stone island jumper worth 300 euro.

Couldn’t make it up.

Just switched on. The female panellist admitted our media is left leaning.

That lad is on about private schools now. Does he know the likes of Paul Murphy, Boyd Barrett and Mary Lou went to private schools??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

omega man wrote: »
    Just switched on. The female panellist admitted our media is left leaning.

That lad is on about private schools now. Does he know the likes of Paul Murphy, Boyd Barrett and Mary Lou went to private schools??!!

He’s an idiot just keeps ranting about FG.

Blah blah rabble rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,328 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just thinking about people before profit. What happened to Gino Kenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Who’s this moron on virgin ranting.

He’s in PBP and he’s wearing a stone island jumper worth 300 euro.

Couldn’t make it up.

That just about sums them up.

I used to have offices near their DL constituency off. Their elected reps knocking about in expensive (slave made) gear carrying 900 quid phones handing out leaflets for their next protest. Bunch of middle class spas.

*Boyd Barrett looked like he never changed his clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Thought he was an independent councillor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

antietam1 wrote: »

That's the strange thing about those far left groups in Ireland. There's loads of them because they can't get along for 5 mins. Constant friction and allegiance changes. Something seriously wrong with that mindset.

tretorn wrote: »
    Michael D is the king of populism and no one in his adoring fan camp point this out.

More than half of the people who were eligible to vote wasn’t arsed with him either but they’d never tell ya that. Oh noes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,328 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

antietam1 wrote: »

He's a TD for certain not sure what party he's with tough. You'd see him with the likes of PBP tough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

he is doing extensive research in relation to the legalization of cannabis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

mynamejeff wrote: »
    he is doing extensive research in relation to the legalization of cannabis

Day and night on Twitter plugging this stuff.

Nothing constructive of course, pure populism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

That's the strange thing about those far left groups in Ireland. There's loads of them because they can't get along for 5 mins. Constant friction and allegiance changes. Something seriously wrong with that mindset.

That’s what they say about when new left wing parties are founded. The first item on the agenda is the split.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The problem is when you have politicians who say what won't get them in trouble, rather than being strong and saying what they believe.
    Most politicians in Ireland are similar and PC, most are not believable.
    Leo talks about Travellers as if he was horrified, he wasn't, if he was he would review who he has as ministers given 4 of his FG ministers objected to housing for Travellers in their constituency.
    Think any of them wants to live next to a halting site?
    So much faux outrage, and Leo telling people who not to vote for, then out on the streets with his FG ministers serving tea to people to promote Michael D and the tea cosies, which was like an insult to people who are homeless on the same street. 'Have some of the tea we are serving, be careful to not fall over that homeless person...whom we are never out on the streets to give a warm drink to...'
    People are fed up of consensus politics, politicians who are afraid to say what is regarded as the wrong thing, they don't stand for anything, they just look to have opinions that are PC and give an easy life...then Peter Casey came along...

jetsonx wrote: »
    This does not matter one iota.

Remember Fianna Fail behind closed doors are a political party with no convictions or ideologies. Conveniently FF (being the scum that they are) also don't have any morals which often just get in the way of their political ambition. They don't care it was Bugs Bunny or John Gilligan who was running. It he can pull in votes and get FF back into power, then that is all that matters.

FF have been rotting in the sidelines for years now salivating as they watched populists like Farage and Trump rocket up in the polls. Who did they have who could pull off a coup like this - no one.

But FF might have eventually found their Trump.

Totally clueless analysis there. If anything FF is a left of centre party. The Irish Labour Party in all but name. FG were founded by a fascist demagogue who offered troops to Hitler, Mussolini and Franco.

Any hint of not being left wing enough and the lazy comparisons to Trump and Hitler are rolled out.

Totally hypocritical while very left wing politicians like Boyd Barrett and Coppinger (someone who called for the nationalization of Dell) are never compared to Stalin, Mao Zedong or Pol Pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    FG were founded by a fascist demagogue who offered troops to Hitler, Mussolini and Franco.

Technically not true, they were an amalgamation of a number of parties rather than a party founded by a specific person

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Totally clueless analysis there. If anything FF is a left of centre party. The Irish Labour Party in all but name. FG were founded by a fascist demagogue who offered troops to Hitler, Mussolini and Franco.

Any hint of not being left wing enough and the lazy comparisons to Trump and Hitler are rolled out.

Totally hypocritical while very left wing politicians like Boyd Barrett and Coppinger (someone who called for the nationalization of Dell) are never compared to Stalin, Mao Zedong or Pol Pot.

Sinn Fein and the IRA were much stronger collaborators with the Nazis.

Bambi wrote: »
    Technically not true, they were an amalgamation of a number of parties rather than a party founded by a specific person

I’ll rephrase that. The person who was most instrumental in the founding of Fine Gael and who became its first leader was a fascist demagogue.

OMG.
    Is this thread still going???!
    It's over guys! He's a lunatic. Says crazy stuff...

Shut it down!

Sinn Fein and the IRA were much stronger collaborators with the Nazis.

The Blueshirts collaborated with the fascists in support of the fascist cause. Some members of the IRA collaborated with the Nazis in the cause of Irish freedom.

The Blueshirts collaborated with the fascists in support of the fascist cause. Some members of the IRA collaborated with the Nazis in the cause of Irish freedom.

So what change the record.

Blue shirts blah blah zzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

He was only trolling Higgins. Bit of a laugh really.

Higgins has over 90 rooms in his gaff you think he could house a few travellers and some syrian refugees there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bambi wrote: »
    It's kind of funny to see people desperately sticking to the script right to it's illogical conclusion.

Some no hoper actually dared to challenge the outrage brigade and didn't back down when they came after him. it won him 340,000 votes

That's the sound of a bluff being called at a national level. There's a few sacred cows going off to the slaughterhouse in the near future I reckon

On the money Bambi, pretty much the reason he got a nod from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I think it was mostly a sympathy vote after his emotional breakdown the weekend before the vote.

I think it was mostly a sympathy vote after his emotional breakdown the weekend before the vote.

Qe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I think it was a sympathy vote for Leo.
    “And I hope that when the people of Ireland go out to vote next Friday they will give Mr Casey and anyone else who holds these kind of views a very clear message.”

Looks like a fairly big chunk of the electorate actually heeded Leo and did as he asked.

Did Leo say the message was received?
    The Taoiseach has promised to listen to a protest vote which saw a relatively unknown businessman take around a fifth of the presidential vote.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

A friend just sent me this...

The travellers are complaining RTE doesnt show enough of their culture.
    RTE has agreed to put Crimeline on seven days of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That's what the Govt would like to have us think.
    I actually think Casey is a bit of a wind-up artist and I didn't think he'd come close to the 23.3 percent he got.
    I'm glad he did though because the statements he had the guts to make really resonated with the voters. So much so that almost 1 in 4 of them voted for him.
    It also made me a good bit of money in the bookies.

Josepha Maddigan, Leo and some of the FF crowd need to pay attention. Not to Casey but to the voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Honestly, if people fail to recognise that Casey has shone a light into the dark corners of ordinary people's thinking they are fools.

Casey has no intention of going into politics. He achieved second place, got his expenses paid, and is NOW having a laugh and a joke. I think he is a breath of fresh air, and while it mightn't last, the fallout will.

The Stepford Wives way of Irish politics, take note, as I am sure they are right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

tretorn wrote: »
    A friend just sent me this...

The travellers are complaining RTE doesnt show enough of their culture.
    RTE has agreed to put Crimeline on seven days of the week.

I had to climb under the table to switch on the extension cable, and then wait 5 minutes to power up the 286 desktop computer (which was fine, as I needed time to recover from banging my head under the table) and then get another cable for the CRT (which blew the shower fuse while the OH was using it, so I had to listen to all that abuse, which didn't help my sore head) in order to respond to this post:

Feckin' Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Honestly, if people fail to recognise that Casey has shone a light into the dark corners of ordinary people's thinking they are fools.

Casey has no intention of going into politics. He achieved second place, got his expenses paid, and is NOW having a laugh and a joke. I think he is a breath of fresh air, and while it mightn't last, the fallout will.

The Stepford Wives way of Irish politics, take note, as I am sure they are right now.

what happens when someone comes along who will take it seriously?

He spoke the truth and didn't back down

Went from 2 to 23%

That's how fragile their system is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement