Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bambi wrote: »
    It's kind of funny to see people desperately sticking to the script right to it's illogical conclusion.

Nothing, if not easy to predict:
    listermint wrote: »
    So basically what all the Casey voters in here are telling me . Some are even spelling it out.

I just have to start a party giving out about travellers, giving out about social welfare recipients pretend to be economically conservative about public money and do it on the national airwaves and they will vote for me.

I don't need any actual policies just the ranty stuff.

Oh and call anyone that looks for facts or details a PC lovey.

Is that spot on ? Because that's basically what I got from this thread. Il be an. Absolute shoe in. Rage against the machine. Whatever the machine is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

P_1 wrote: »
    Good job putting words in my mouth pal. Were a republic in 2018 and some of the backward practices carried out in the name of culture have no place in it.

Segregation is not going to fix that though. We need to have traveler kids going to school with settled kids. The current generation is fooked but there might be hope for the next one

Since when have traveller children not been in the same classroom as the settled kids,
    When I was at school, they were with us in same room, and we were all treated the same, same law within the school for all of us,
    When did this stop happening, I thought that never changed
    The great thing about this country is, education is free, and one does not have to go through life not knowing the , Arithmetic, Reading, Writing and spelling,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

So basically what all the Casey voters in here are telling me . Some are even spelling it out.

I just have to start a party giving out about travellers, giving out about social welfare recipients pretend to be economically conservative about public money and do it on the national airwaves and they will vote for me.

I don't need any actual policies just the ranty stuff.

Oh and call anyone that looks for facts or details a PC lovey.

Is that spot on ? Because that's basically what I got from this thread. Il be an. Absolute shoe in. Rage against the machine. Whatever the machine is

Sounds like all the governments we had in the past.

What the country want is a party to actually act on behalf of the working people. Something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

AMKC wrote: »
    Fianna Fail and become Taisoeach.

Only one problem with that. Fianna Fail do not want him.

No wonder everyone in here has stopped talking about him.

They realise he is just like every other politician in the country.

He will say whatever he has to to get the votes.

He should have said Labour or, Fianna Gail or even Sinn Fein as seemingly a lot of tere supporters voted for him.

Have they said that he is not welcome to join the party

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bambi wrote: »
    Nothing, if not easy to predict:

What's easy to predict , you may have even said yourself in this thread casey tapped into something.

Lie to people tell them what they want to hear , promise nothing get votes.

How can I possibly lose.!

Magic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

What the country want is a party to actually act on behalf of the working people. Something new.

there are many kinds of working people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The vote has shown that doesn't matter. Protest vote many said.

I don't actually have to do anything. Just rant , it's the Winning formula.

People don't want policies they want pandering .

He's cracked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Fianna Fail and become Taisoeach.

Only one problem with that. Fianna Fail do not want him.

This does not matter one iota.

Remember Fianna Fail behind closed doors are a political party with no convictions or ideologies. Conveniently FF (being the scum that they are) also don't have any morals which often just get in the way of their political ambition. They don't care it was Bugs Bunny or John Gilligan who was running. It he can pull in votes and get FF back into power, then that is all that matters.

FF have been rotting in the sidelines for years now salivating as they watched populists like Farage and Trump rocket up in the polls. Who did they have who could pull off a coup like this - no one.

But FF might have eventually found their Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

goat2 wrote: »
    Have they said that he is not welcome to join the party

One of there politicians (Niall Collins) on ''The Week in Politics'' said it.
    jetsonx wrote: »
    This does not matter one iota.

Remember Fianna Fail behind closed doors are a political party with no convictions or ideologies. Conveniently FF (being the scum that they are) also don't have any morals which often just get in the way of their political ambition. They don't care it was Bugs Bunny or John Gilligan who was running. It he can pull in votes and get FF back into power, then that is all that matters.

FF have been rotting in the sidelines for years now salivating as they watched populists like Farage and Trump rocket up in the polls. Who did they have who could pull off a coup like this - no one.

But FF might have eventually found their Trump.

Not if what there TD's on ''The Week in Politics'' said is true. They have not found there Trump.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What's easy to predict , you may have even said yourself in this thread casey tapped into something.

Lie to people tell them what they want to hear , promise nothing get votes.

How can I possibly lose.!

Magic

Oh we both agree he tapped into something, but one of us is in denial as to what it is he tapped into. A public thats sick of wrong-doing being ignored to appease the sensibilities of the privileged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

One of there politicians (Niall Collins) on ''The Week in Politics'' said it.

Not if what there TD's on ''The Week in Politics'' said is true.

FF say a lot of things.

Most of it is SPIN or BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Perhaps we could give the Travellers their own nation. They could have one of the 26 counties.

They are already preparing the documentation to request a bailout from the other 25 counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

P_1 wrote: »
    Then why arent our government and more importantly the incompetent high grade civil servants doing just that?

Because they're quite happy for the middle class to have a target and to maintain the status quo.
    The whole high grade civil servants and TDs like the system the way is it. They can all pretend they're making a difference while stuffing their faces at the trough. At long as the workers keep working and paying their taxes while being too busy and tired to protest sure no harm no foul.
    In the meantime we're lagging behind in infrastructure, educational skills, broadband because money is being squandered left right and centre on the HSE and welfare.
    God forbid the middle class would go on protests like the PAYE workers back in the 80s.
    Casey is doing the wrong thing by joining FF..He should have created a new party, get in people who know what they're doing etc and promised the following
    1. Crack down on welfare and free housing scams.
    2. Reward people who actually go out to work (either by saying we'll give you more for your taxes etc )
    3. Explain the benefits of USC and widen it to include it on all benefits including welfare and xmas bonuses
    4. Crack down on criminality and abolish the whole free legal aid scam for people with multiple convictions.. the whole legal system is corrupt as hell

They obviously wouldn't get into government anytime soon but I reckon they would pick up a couple of seats on their first go. Especially run candidates in areas with the highest amount of welfare/travellers and watch as they shoo in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ah hes great comedy

You're great comedy yourself there. See this link for those who want a good laugh.

It's from when you said settled people go into Traveller halting sites and fcuk all their rubbish everywhere. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Get off the stage.

Omackeral wrote: »
    You're great comedy yourself there. See this link for those who want a good laugh.

It's from when you said settled people go into Traveller halting sites and fcuk all their rubbish everywhere. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Get off the stage.

That post you linked to has to be the dumbest post of all time on boards. No one that stupid or conniving should be a mod on here.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Indeed :(

The Kylemore Rd in Dublin sometimes has black smoke across it. Thick and heavy and would leave you coughing. Ah the guys in Labre Park with their wire

Saw exactly this scenario yesterday at around 5:30 PM.
    Maybe their was a massive crash in Kylemore Karting tho :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Blazer wrote: »
    That post you linked to has to be the dumbest post of all time on boards. No one that stupid or conniving should be a mod on here.

Was just about to post the same thing. Unbelievable that anyone would say something so dumb.

Blazer wrote: »

Never once had the backbone to stand over it or denounce so anytime there's sarcasm or a claim on their part I post it up for all to see. No credibility. If they acknowledge that it's complete bullsh*t, I'll stop linking it.

Was just about to post the same thing. Unbelievable that anyone would say something so dumb.

I wonder do they believe it. I wonder what the basis was? I love the ''often'' quantifier too. Settled people often dump at Traveller sites. Unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

jetsonx wrote: »
    FF say a lot of things.

Most of it is SPIN or BS.

Casey would fit in well so ;)

• Advertisement

Perhaps we could give the Travellers their own nation.

They could have one of the 26 counties.

Then they could no longer complain about "discrimination".

Just give them Kerry. Sure who cares about that Kerry crowd anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

RaichuMGS wrote: »
    Just give them Kerry. Sure who cares about that Kerry crowd anyway.

I think Limerick would be best suited to them.

I think Limerick would be best suited to them.

I vote Dublin...lets see how Leo feels about them when they're on their doorstep.

you know what really aggrevases me? Is them travellers. They want all the benefits of living off Ireland’s welfare handouts. But they ain’t even bothered to learn themselves the culture.

/sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can someone explain what Casey meant about this statement after the results were announced, that if he won he would let all the travellers move to Phoenix park and build schools there for them, like is he now trying to get the travelers to like him now. I voted him but I’m not happy about that statement he made.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

fin12 wrote: »
    Can someone explain what Casey meant about this statement after the results were announced, that if he won he would let all the travellers move to Phoenix park and build schools there for them, like is he now trying to get the travelers to like him now. I voted him but I’m not happy about that statement he made.

He was only trolling Higgins. Bit of a laugh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

He's trolling FF today, told them he's gonna lead them in to the next election lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Oh right thanks, too many times I have voted for someone only for them to backtrack then on the reasons why I voted for them, good to know he was only joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

lawred2 wrote: »
    Hilarious. Evidence of a man who has studied the arts of populism.

If he was true to his words then FF would not be a choice for a working person's party.

Michael D is the king of populism and no one in his adoring fan camp point this out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Who’s this moron on virgin ranting.

He’s in PBP and he’s wearing a stone island jumper worth 300 euro.

Couldn’t make it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement