Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The TRUTH is spoken by the victors, who also decide what that TRUTH is.
    Lets see if Leo gets the Law and Order message that the rural areas have sent him .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Thankfully people have spoken about that protected class and their wild, shameless sense of entitlement. Not liking drug dealing, theft, intimidation, and a complete contempt for basic rules of civility from a crew of inbreds isn't 'racist' which anyhow is not the correct term. Itinerants got recognition as an ethnicity of some sort, not as a race, inbreeding, violence and drugs are powerful enough for that.

Mod note:Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

get over it casey voters you lost, fair n square
    we had to accept trump stealing the presidency and now you have to accept your loss

You clearly haven't a single clue about American Politics a state of 325,000,000 people from cultures all over the world, a highly complex Political System with hugely diverse regional issues and concerns, I do not like Trump, but that doesn't matter I know I am clueless as to the motivations of why he was elected....but welcome to boards all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

blinding wrote: »
    He can even put them on expenses and he still doesn’t do it !

I bet if the Travellers parked up outside Aras.

Higgins would be first to call for them to leave.

Just like Mary Robinson did years ago when travellers set up a halting site near her mansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

My take on this 340k voted that they are fed up with the media, Leo telling people who to vote for, paying tax for to keep social going for people who will not work and using the housing crisis to better their way.
    The people who should take note of Casey’s vote is rural TD because the voters can sack them at the next election and out of 340k how many TD need these votes to get to the dail and the rural vote are fed up of no law and order and Leo and the Dublin media dismissing the people in the rural community.
    The shinners if they had ant sense they should target this vote. For the media to keep spouting that we have full employment and 5% not willing to work that is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

A thin vaneer of democracy is what we have now
    Yeah it's borderline Venezuela. I don't disagree with other stuff you're saying but people need to chill out with the hysteria like above too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

My take on this 340k voted that they are fed up with the media, Leo telling people who to vote for, paying tax for to keep social going for people who will not work and using the housing crisis to better their way.
    The people who should take note of Casey’s vote is rural TD because the voters can sack them at the next election and out of 340k how many TD need these votes to get to the dail and the rural vote are fed up of no law and order and Leo and the Dublin media dismissing the people in the rural community.
    The shinners if they had ant sense they should target this vote. For the media to keep spouting that we have full employment and 5% not willing to work that is ok.

Let's hope they don't vote fg next time eh. Then everything wI'll be sorted

T4 wrote: »
    Only in Ireland would inbred people be considered an ethic minority.

I hear if you wanna get banned all you have to do is ask. There’s no need to try this hard :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Only in Ireland would inbred people be considered an ethic minority.

In the rest of the world it makes you royalty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

fair play Peter Casey you said everything about travellers that everyone knows is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Travellers live like royalty.

Highest rates of suicide, shortest life expectancy and youngest at marriage.

I know
    Allot of Irish people don’t understand the royalty but they live very different lives to travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

_Brian wrote: »

I know
    Allot of Irish people don’t understand the royalty but they live very different lives to travellers.

And there's a good reason for that.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,192 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I know

The men choose their marriage age, the girls do not....

What does that say to you about their society?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

get over it casey voters you lost, fair n square
    we had to accept trump stealing the presidency and now you have to accept your loss

I think you would be better off trying to sort out your idiotic election system, than worrying about Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I know
    Very low school attendance and school completion rates
    Pathetic 3rd level participation.
    Despite free education at 1st & 2nd level

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Solution is simple, starting say ... 2020

- childrens allowance only for the first 2 children

to make up the shortfall provide incentives for people at the other end of the scale

The current human breeding program doesn't seem to be working out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I know
    They both pay very little tax

• Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There is no substance to your criticism. By all means debate his points. But just scoffing is wafer thin.

There is no substance to Peter Casey.

I mean clearly moving all 30,000 Irish travellers to Aras an Uachtarain is a ludicrous idea
    Clearly the notion that he will join FF tomorrow, be elected for them in Donegal, be elected as their leader is also ludicrous.

I was scoffing because his latest utterances are just off the wall

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I didn't see or hear a coherent one.

Said something without realizing the impact. Then took a few days off. Then realised he could double down on it and say a few more populist things and get his money back.

He appeared to be making it up as he went along.

I actually think it was quite strategic

Say something negative about travellers to rile people up
    Feign a dramatic "I might leave" to keep the news headlines spotlight
    Come back in to keep the headlines on you
    Stand by yoyr traveller comments and find other easily attackable targets

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I actually think it was quite strategic

Say something negative about travellers to rile people up
    Feign a dramatic "I might leave" to keep the news headlines spotlight
    Come back in to keep the headlines on you
    Stand by yoyr traveller comments and find other easily attackable targets

But if he wanted to go down that route he could have done so earlier.

And he could have paired it with some actual "policies"

I mean, for a "businessman" not to know the figures he was talking about (how much is the dole), is fairly pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

gctest50 wrote: »
    Solution is simple, starting say ... 2020

- childrens allowance only for the first 2 children

to make up the shortfall provide incentives for people at the other end of the scale

The current human breeding program doesn't seem to be working out

The article you link to has the following quote for those sneering about Mickey-D saying he wouldn't mind living beside halting site

She is a neighbour of President Michael D Higgins, living in an estate built to replace the Rahoon flats down the hill from his Circular Road home.

“Michael D was often in having tea with many of us, and so was his wife, Sabina,” Ms Ward said. “He knows about our high suicide rate – 11 times that of the settled community, particularly among young men – and he has been to our funerals and to our cultural events.”

We lived with the Un-truths about the catholic church for years .

Are we now to live another set of un-truths i.e. that travellers are not responsible for the vast majority of Rural Crime .

It didn’t work out too well before i.e ignoring inconvenient truths .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Are we now to live another set of un-truths i.e. that travellers are not responsible for the vast majority of Rural Crime .

Not to mention their own their own failings on racism, homophobia and women's rights as well.
    Travellers are very intolerant people themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,291 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I thought it was the social welfare stance that made Casey popular? Or have ye stopped trying to bang that drum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

pjohnson wrote: »
    I thought it was the social welfare stance that made Casey popular? Or have ye stopped trying to bang that drum?

Read the thread title, and he added the caveat of welfare as well, but I think mainly because he just opened up a debate, that was prior to his outburst, taboo!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

nice_guy80 wrote: »

I know
    Very low school attendance and school completion rates
    Pathetic 3rd level participation.
    Despite free education at 1st & 2nd level

We don't have free education in this country

Edward M wrote: »
    Read the thread title, and he added the caveat of welfare as well, but I think mainly because he just opened up a debate, that was prior to his outburst, taboo!
    Bishop Matt Cooper now decides what we can talk about or think about .

The New Clergy is every bit as bad as the old Clergy .:eek: Control , Control Control .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

The New Clergy is every bit as bad as the old Clergy .:eek: Control , Control Control .

If you are stupid enough to allow Matt Cooper or anyone else to decide what you can think about then more fool you!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

DChancer wrote: »

If you are stupid enough to allow Matt Cooper or anyone else to decide what you can think about then more fool you!

People should be free to listen to whoever in order to inform themselves, and should not be judged in doing so

• Advertisement

DChancer wrote: »
    He is only one of the Clergy of Political Correctness . We have already gone down that road in Ireland with disastrous results .

This New Clergy try to control what we talk about in the Media . They are rattled because they have lost control for a short period .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement