Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got to love the left.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

EEjit kicks phone camera.

Woman shouts "someone call the cops".

Guess what gender the cops will be when ( or if....) they eventually come.

The women feminist protagonists better realise that their right to protest is heavily dependant on the willingness of a large group of males to protect and defend their rights, as they do for older, younger and weaker members of society.

If the demands and ideology of feminist groups becomes too extreme and too strident, if they lose the support of moderate male opinion, they will be left at the mercy of extreme male anti feminist opinion.

This is happening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Brian? wrote: »
    How do you know he’s a “lefty”?

That’s like asking how do you know this lad is a “righty” :pac:

AKrause_01.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I’d support anti fa more readily if they marched against the war in Yemen. Or any US military conflict.

I’m sure plenty have. It’s not really a cohesive organisation though. It’s s number of groups under the Antifa banner when they specifically march against fascism. As far as I can make out anyway. The same people could march against other issues as the Communist party or the anarchist party and you wouldn’t know.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

How do you know he’s a “lefty”? Are only “leftys” pro choice now?

To be fair, I can smell the soy milk and tofu from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

How do you know he’s a “lefty”? Are only “leftys” pro choice now?

Sometimes you can just know Brian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

What reason do I have to be dishonest?????? Internet credit?

You said you support their cause, go read what the DHS said their cause was in the article I posted because that's the reality of what is happening, not some faux heroism of attacking neo nazi's. They are anarchists and no better than the neo nazi groups.

2 Scoops wrote: »
    You said you support their cause, go read what the DHS said their cause was in the article I posted because that's the reality of what is happening, not some faux heroism of them attacking neo nazi's. They are anarchists and no better than the neo nazi groups.

Jesus, my head hurts.

1. I support their cause: anti fascism. I’ve clarified this multiple times. I don’t support their methods because they are violent. I don’t need a report to know this.

2. You’ve called them communists. Now you’re calling them anarchists. You do understand the difference? Some are anarchists, some are not. Some are communists, some are not. They don’t have a unifying ideology.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Got to love the right, only interested in sexual violence when it can be exploited to blame people of colour or ‘foreigners’.

Fact. He was a foreigner.

Jesus, my head hurts.

1. I support their cause: anti fascism.

That's what they claim their cause is, but it isn't the reality. Like I said already, read the DHS assessment, they view them as domestic terrorists. In my opinion, anyone who is sympathetic to a group like that is at the extreme end of the spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

That’s like asking how do you know this lad is a “righty” :pac:

AKrause_01.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Looks like a centrist to me!

• Advertisement

That's what they claim there cause is, but it isn't the reality. Like I said already, read the DHS assessment, they view them as domestic terrorists. In my opinion, anyone who is sympathetic to a group like that is at the extreme end of the spectrum.

You’re tying yourself in knots here. I agree with a group being anti fascist. That’s it. You’re reading way too much into that simple statement. Do I have sympathy with anti fascists, yes I do. You do too, you’re also anti fascist.

I am anti fascist. Antifa are anti fascist. We agree on that. How in gods name does that make me an extremist exactly.

I’m happy to admit I’m an extremist, a non violent one, in many ways. But I don’t support Antifa besting the **** out of people. Ever.

FYI, i have no respect for anything produced by the DHS.

they/them/theirs

That's what they claim their cause is, but it isn't the reality. Like I said already, read the DHS assessment, they view them as domestic terrorists. In my opinion, anyone who is sympathetic to a group like that is at the extreme end of the spectrum.

Why did you delete point 2? Is it an admission you were wrong?

they/them/theirs

I am anti fascist. Antifa are anti fascist. We agree on that.

No I don't, not when they behave like fascist's themselves.

No I don't, not when they behave like fascist's themselves.

I’m starting to think you’re winding me up. I agree with Antifa, fascism is bad. You’re editing my posts in a quite disingenuous way. It’s starting to feel like you don’t want to debate.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Could there be anything in all these relatively new accounts constantly wittering on about left and right on Boards lately? It is supposed to be Russian policy to do this on all platforms to sow division in Western democracies and its been spectacularly successful for them in the UK and US, totally divided societies bordering on broken now.

There were always a few loons around the place but its just a constant 24/7 barrage of pinko-libtard insults, climate change denial etc etc these days, every thread practically.

Thargor wrote: »
    Could there be anything in all these relatively new accounts constantly wittering on about left and right on Boards lately? It is supposed to be Russian policy to do this on all platforms to sow division in Western democracies and its been spectacularly successful for them in the UK and US, totally divided societies bordering on broken now.

There were always a few loons around the place but its just a constant 24/7 barrage of pinko-libtard insults, climate change denial etc etc these days, every thread practically.

I’ve seen a good few lately that I suspect were google translated. Especially on the left v right thread.

they/them/theirs

Why did you delete point 2? Is it an admission you were wrong?

When there's news coverage of them a lot of the time they're waving communist flags around or burning American ones. I don't view them much differently than other black bloc groups. They are anarchists, hundreds were arrested on inauguration day for vandalism and violence and it's only gotten worse since then. I'm siding with the DHS on this.

We won't agree pal, so I'm bowing out.

When there's news coverage of them a lot of the time they're waving communist flags around or burning American ones. I don't view them much differently than other black bloc groups. They are anarchists, hundreds were arrested on inauguration day for vandalism and violence and it's only gotten worse since then. I'm siding with the DHS on this.

We won't agree pal, so I'm bowing out.

It’s not about agreeing. Communists and anarchists are followers of different ideologies. That’s an objective fact.

Do you know being an anarchist means?

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

gw80 wrote: »
    And Oswald Mosley had some good ideas too.

No he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Getting back to the original news item that the thread was opened about.

I hope they bring in a law in the UK that in situations like this the police are called and all the morons holding up the flight get fcuked off it with their luggage and put on some later flight. Problem fixed.

It's not without precedent: http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/finland/finland-news/domestic/15720-greens-official-draws-criticism-for-protesting-deportation-of-fellow-air-passenger.html

A quote from a politician there is apt in the UK case as well:
    It is unsustainable for a country based on the rule of law if certain groups elevate themselves above the law and consider it their right to choose which laws, official decisions and court rulings they respect. It is particularly dangerous if people in a position of power are guilty of inciting such arbitrariness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

KevinCavan wrote: »
    I recently saw two homeless type guys, who were either drunk or on drugs, who were being held by Tesco security for stealing. A crowd gathered around. One posh middle class woman started ranting, loudly got on the phone to the guards and started saying things like the homeless men were being “manhandled” and had “only taken some bread.” The security muttered that there was more than bread taken, there was a bottle of drink involved as far as I know. Anyway long story short because of this liberal protest, the security men were sheepish. They let the guys off with a ban from the store. I’d love to see the posh woman leave these two homeless guys put a tent in her garden, in her posh estate.

Yeah its always the same with these tossers, NIMBYism is so strong with them.
    They will scream "RACIST" and "BIGOT" from their ivory tower in their gated communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah its always the same with these tossers, NIMBYism is so strong with them.
    They will scream "RACIST" and "BIGOT" from their ivory tower in their gated communities.
    Yes I was very upset by that made-up story too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's no surprise really that a crowd of SJW's would jump in without knowing the facts.

Make no mistake if it was here there are plenty of jackasses who would do the same.

Ireland leans more to the right than the liberal media would have us believe, I think there is room for a political party with right wing views but it's just that we haven't been offered a credible alternative yet.

People are getting sick of the reckless immigration policies the Government is adopting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Pkiernan wrote: »
    The real quandary for the lefties is does their white guilt trump crimes against women.
    Immigrant rapes of women is somehow tolerated by the extreme left.

Just like does their need to be seen as loving all followers of Islamm trump their support of gay marriage . It's a real quandry for them.

I don't think it's a quandary for them at all. They just tot up the respective "privilege" scores and side with the party that scores lowest.
    And the fact that she lost, is an indictment to the state of the country.

I think it was an indictment of the state of the candidate, the centre and the left. Not long before, that very same country elected a black man as president.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ireland leans more to the right than the liberal media would have us believe, I think there is room for a political party with right wing views but it's just that we haven't been offered a credible alternative yet.

On the internet maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

People are getting sick of the reckless immigration policies the Government is adopting.

That's why Renua, the PD's etc have been so successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Can we please stop talking as if the identity politics nutcases represent "the left"? They really don't, any more than the Return of Kings types represent "the right". Many, many people on the left are social libertarians, who initially became leftists to oppose the social authoritarianism of the right (banning things or restricting individual freedom on "family values" grounds) - to those of us who did, the new authoritarian left is an absolute scourge and a fundamental betrayal of leftist values.

For example, the left was always opposed to censorship in the past, now it's leading the charge on turning the internet into a curated, supervised "playground" environment. Those who became leftists in the 90s or 2000s do not support this sh!t, and some of us are very vocal in opposing it.
    Similarly with the abortion campaign - most leftists are pro-choice on individual freedom grounds, but the militant f*ckers who thought it was ok to rip down opposition posters, or threaten to boycott venues which had the temerity to offer a space for the right to hold meetings or rallies, or thought it was ok to sneer, condescend and downright insult anyone who was undecided instead of working to earn their vote - these people are actively despised by a significant proportion of leftists. They just get far too much attention because it makes good clickbait for the press, and this in turn encourages them to carry on acting like complete assholes unabated.

These people are not "the left". They have more in common with the Christian Conservative Right than they'd ever actually admit, and certainly far more than they have in common with the genuine liberal left.
    Spot on, and this is why so many people that were classically left voted for Trump - they were sick of the hard left bull****.
    And now we have a reality TV celebrity in the white house, and most likely will until 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

AnneFrank wrote: »
    You liked the comment, do you enjoy making fun of the weakest part of society? It's cowardly in my opinion, plenty of other words to use

FFS cop yourself on. I thanked a post calling out someone for saying people were retarded for voting a certain way. So the opposite of what you're alledging here. Do people not read what they're quoting!? It's getting worse. Seriously, get a grip.

Also, even if I did thank a post using that word, I can still agree with the sentiment expressed which happens to use crude vernacular without it equating to making fun of people with disabilities. I gather that's what you're trying to level at me with that. Trying and failing. Sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Even Antifa aren’t an homogeneous group. More of a loose coalition of fringe groups. I disagree with some of their methods, but I agree with their cause.

Half of them don't even seem to know their own cause tbf. They're a parody of themselves from what I've seen playing dress up.

Advertisement