Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got to love the left.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭enricoh

A gang rapist of a teenage girl, one of his Co rapists has gone to Syria to fight for isis.
    What assets to the UK. And people wonder why they voted for brexit!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

D9Male wrote: »
    Do adults actually think calling the Daily Mail "The Daily Fail" is witty or funny?

It's about as edgy as a balloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭enricoh

dav3 wrote: »
    Did you see that rain yesterday? Do you know who's fault that was?...LEFTISTS!

I couldn't find my car keys this morning, do you know why?...LEFTISTS!

I banged my toe on the side of the bed the other day…those damn LEFTISTS!

I'm in a constant state of fear and anger...yeah you guessed it, it's all the LEFTISTS fault.

*head explodes*

Eh, well thought out argument, should convince a few to join you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Everyone on that plane should be deported with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

I'm in a constant state of fear and anger...yeah you guessed it, it's all the LEFTISTS fault.

*head explodes*
    Forget the rights and wrongs of the issue for a second.

Would it be fair to say that those who support unfettered immigration and who might oppose deportation of asylum seekers would be regarded as having leftist ideals??

Would it also be fair to say that those who oppose unfettered immigration and who might support deportation of asylum seekers would be regarded as having rightist ideals??

Back on topic, those who impeded members of law enforcement from doing their job in this particular case should be charged and punished as such.

Left or right, they are absolute morons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

I recently saw two homeless type guys, who were either drunk or on drugs, who were being held by Tesco security for stealing. A crowd gathered around. One posh middle class woman started ranting, loudly got on the phone to the guards and started saying things like the homeless men were being “manhandled” and had “only taken some bread.” The security muttered that there was more than bread taken, there was a bottle of drink involved as far as I know. Anyway long story short because of this liberal protest, the security men were sheepish. They let the guys off with a ban from the store. I’d love to see the posh woman leave these two homeless guys put a tent in her garden, in her posh estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

dudara wrote: »
    The people on the plane didn’t know, and they weren’t told. Their actions, while daft, were well-intended.

One obvious solution would be for the accompanying officers to be able to share some details of why the deportation is taking place (e.g. serious crime conviction). However, that in itself could cause panic and noise from passengers, so maybe not a good idea.

IMO, it seems that there needs to be a better protocol established for the logistics of deportation.

Spot on. I'm not a leftist myself but these people DO have good intentions at least in their own minds. Unfortunately they are often misinformed and misled by current main stream media and social media liberal narratives. This should be obvious but to some it's really not.

What hero? I didn’t comment on this case, only imbeciles like yourself and your wretched double standards

Rapists are abhorred by everyone in society. Right, left, centre. Nobody likes them. Even criminals hate them, hence their need to be separated from general prison populations.

*head explodes*

Any opinion on the the topic at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Den14 wrote: »
    Spot on. I'm not a leftist myself but these people DO have good intentions at least in their own minds. Unfortunately they are often misinformed and misled by current main stream media and social media liberal narratives. This should be obvious but to some it's really not.

Intentions of what considering none of them had any bloody clue as to the reason behind the deportation .... clowns like that should just mind their own bees wax and not interfere ..
    Perhaps trust the police or security that was traveling with the criminal ..
    Joke of a world we currently live on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

*head explodes*

That's not an argument

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

KevinCavan wrote:
    I recently saw two homeless type guys, who were either drunk or on drugs, who were being held by Tesco security for stealing. A crowd gathered around. One posh middle class woman started ranting, loudly got on the phone to the guards and started saying things like the homeless men were being “manhandled†and had “only taken some bread.†The security muttered that there was more than bread taken, there was a bottle of drink involved as far as I know. Anyway long story short because of this liberal protest, the security men were sheepish. They let the guys off with a ban from the store. I’d love to see the posh woman leave these two homeless guys put a tent in her garden, in her posh estate.

I seriously doubt that happened.

Sounds too specific while simultaneously vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

A daily mail article that panders to idiots.

These threads go like clockwork. Someone will be along shortly posting yet another daily mail link or similar lowbrow sh*tpost. Another person will be along to post a 19 hour video of some american ranting about liberals. Another one will post a 100,000 word easy crying about immigration and multiculturalism.

The end result is that they hysterically work themselves into a state of fear, while circle jerking each other over another link from an anti-Irish uk newspaper rag.

Very few Irish people care about the carry on of brits on a plane.

A daily mail article that panders to idiots.

These threads go like clockwork. Someone will be along shortly posting yet another daily mail link or similar lowbrow sh*tpost. Another person will be along to post a 19 hour video of some american ranting about liberals. Another one will post a 100,000 word easy crying about immigration and multiculturalism.

The end result is that they hysterically work themselves into a state of fear, while circle jerking each other over another link from an anti-Irish uk newspaper rag.

Very few Irish people care about the carry on of brits on a plane.

That's lovely, it really is. What about the topic though? Any opinion on it? Do you think the passengers interfering is acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

That’s really stupid and shows how people are being made idiots by the leftist media and social media. You have to fear for the world given the preponderance of fools and snowflakes around.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm not sure what the outrage is supposed to be about - surely it's better for him to be kept safely in prison in the UK than potentially back to raping women once he gets to Somalia?

That’s really stupid and shows how people are being made idiots by the leftist media and social media. You have to fear for the world given the preponderance of fools and snowflakes around.

Are you aware of just how social media was used to further right wing ideals in terms of Trump and Brexit?

And on the subject of fearing for the world? What about right wing/conservative disbelief in climate change?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Shenshen wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the outrage is supposed to be about - surely it's better for him to be kept safely in prison in the UK than potentially back to raping women once he gets to Somalia?

He served his sentence so he wouldn't be kept in prison.

It's a bit ridiculous, it's legitimate to protest but not on a plane when you have absolutely 0 information about who is being deported and what are the reasons for deportation. Deportation doesn't happen instantly and if there was no support for him until he got on the plane it might be sensible to first find out the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

anewme wrote: »
    I'm literally just after reading that and in shock came here to see if it had been posted.

Those interfering tools should have been turfed off! They should be named and shamed.

They should use Military planes to deport. Would get rid of alot of this worthless virtue signaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

No it wasn't it was right wing people causing global warming.

No it was right wing people distracting you with their xenophobia and backwards thinking

No, it was the right wingers fault, barring EU legislation that could hypothetically involve mandatory roundiness of furniture to stop people injuring themselves.

We all know that the far-right is literally the only thing that needs to be feared or countered. Any issue which does not fall into the category of opposing the far-right does not need to be addressed at all. Oh, you already got the memo it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I disagree with people who say the left or right are not a hive mind. It would seem to be the case that in general they are. It’s no surprise the usernames popping up here to downplay, defend or distract from the idiocy in this case.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Whenever I see "The left" being described as if it were some sort of organisation of hive-minded individuals, it's often a sound indicator that someone is talking nonsense.

You don’t understand. We get sent a bulletin weekly by the head lefty, otherwise we don’t know what to outraged by every week.

Then twice a year we have a meeting together. There’s about 780 millions of us, so it’s tough getting a room. The agenda for the last few years has been “how to destroy western society by importing Muslim rapists”.

Once we’re all aligned, not one of us can think for ourselves or deviate from the doctrine decided.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

I seriously doubt that happened.

Sounds too specific while simultaneously vague.

Tesco Cork City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

More concern about it being the Daily Mail and the use of the term "lefties", than the actual incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

More concern about it being the Daily Mail and the use of the term "lefties", than the actual incident.

Shouldn't be. The incident is far more serious and going down the road of mob rule. How many of these loons are going to think they can 'make a difference' now?

KevinCavan wrote:
    Tesco Cork City

Sorry. Still not convinced. Not even close to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

Irish people reading the Daily Mail. Did you enjoy Princess Beatrice's lovely wedding?, or how about a tour around Jacob Rees Mogg's house, or maybe a few stories about good old patriotism and how it was better in the old days when people stood for the national anthem?

Christ.

A worldwide shift towards the hard right and still people are blaming a non existent 'Left' for all the world's ills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I think it's terrible that he's being separated from his family. They should deport them all together.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

anewme wrote: »
    As a result of their opinionated ignorance, the rapist is still there.

The guy was accompanied by Home Office Security.

If you saw a prison van with criminals heading down to Portlaiise you wouldn't hijack it to set the prisoners free to go home to their families.

No you wouldn't of course, because very clearly you know its likely a serious crime if they are in a prison van.

If on the other hand they decided to transport criminals on the bus eireann bus its not so clear if they are a criminal or not.

One would also question why they transport criminals along with people going on holidays/going to work, very clearly they should review how they are transporting people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Do adults think using the term 'libtards' or 'the left' as if it were some hive mind think it's witty or funny?

Don't like or use libtard.
    But 'the left' is fair enough.

What's your view on adults using the infantile 'men in suits' or 'suits'? Once I hear someone use that term, I switch off.

Advertisement