Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got to love the left.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

blinding wrote: »
    And still smarter than lefties .

People in glass houses.......

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Brian? wrote: »
    What’s wrong with being an idealist?

It's childish in reality

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Anyone who spent more than 5 minutes looking into Hillary Clintons's lifetime of scandals, lying and corruption, and thought 'This Woman is competent to be president', is severely, profoundly lacking in critical judgement.

Give up out of that. The GOP spent 20 years trying to bring her down and nothing ever stuck. I’m no fan of Hilary, but she was by far the more competent candidate. By far.

they/them/theirs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

People in glass houses.......
    But I am not in a Glass House .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Give up out of that. The GOP spent 20 years trying to bring her down and nothing ever stuck. I’m no fan of Hilary, but she was by far the more competent candidate. By far.

How did this thread get from a Somali rapist in England to Hillary Clinton?

Bill Clinton, I could understand, since the Left turn a blind eye to his multiple rape accusers.

• Advertisement

AnneFrank wrote: »
    It's childish in reality

Childish how? One can believe in an ideal state and still function successfully in the real world. Plenty of people do it. I believe the world would be a far better place with less cynics around.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Stick to supporting your communist domestic terror group Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Anyone who spent more than 5 minutes looking into Hillary Clintons's lifetime of scandals, lying and corruption, and thought 'This Woman is competent to be president', is severely, profoundly lacking in critical judgement.

When compared to Trump? Really?

Yale law school graduate
    United States Senator
    First lady of the United States
    United States Secretary of State

I think there have been fewer better qualified to be that countries President.

Versus a silver spoon fed failed business loudmouth.

And the fact that she lost, is an indictment to the state of the country.

Have to agree with 2scoops, a very , very naive opinion you have.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    How did this thread get from a Somali rapist in England to Hillary Clinton?

Read the thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Exactly. Hillary was not a likable choice but I think many are using her as an excuse to justify themselves or numbers that voted for Donald. I think many did so because they bought in to his rhetoric that everything is easy, his barely disguised racism and the fact that he was loud.

Scary thing is, If I was betting today, I'd bet that he will be re-elected in 2020.
    No viable alternative on the democrat side and many Americans just don't seem to care about long term global relations or the state of the planet.

If ethics were the deciding factor for American voters though, the choice between Herr Trump and "It's My Turn" Clinton is like choosing between getting kicked in the balls or punched in the gut.

It's also pretty much right wing vs RIGHT WING so not a perfect comparison.

America I'd say at any given point is an inch and a good push away from becoming a white Christian version of an ISIS style "democracy". Absolutely wacky baxtards that crowd.

Stick to supporting your communist domestic terror group Brian.

Zing!!!

How about you actually debate for once? Instead of the childish one liners.

they/them/theirs

Childish how? One can believe in an ideal state and still function successfully in the real world. Plenty of people do it. I believe the world would be a far better place with less cynics around.

Let me guess, you're 20 to 3o?

You don’t have to. Think for yourself.

I’m fully aware of Hilary’s failings. I am no fan of hers, but she actually understood what bring a president meant. How government works. I’m not sure Trump understands that now.

they/them/theirs

When compared to Trump? Really?

Yes. She sold out the state department while she was there and made terrible judgements like pushing the war in Libya. Trump has no blood on his hands. Voters hoped Trump would provide something new and actually fight for them, they knew what they'd get with Clinton. Either way both candidates were bad, but at least one of them provided some inking of optimism.

https://apnews.com/82df550e1ec646098b434f7d5771f625

"More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. It’s an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president."

Can you please explain how you think Donald Trump was more competent than Hillary.

(And not suggesting she was perfect/wonderful or anything but that when compared to Donald, she should have been streets ahead)

Let me guess, you're 20 to 3o?

What has my age got to do with it? The point either stands or it doesn’t. Engage in debate.

I’m not going to say what age I am, it’s irrelevant to the point.

they/them/theirs

Can you please explain how you think Donald Trump was more competent than Hillary.

(And not suggesting she was perfect/wonderful or anything but that when compared to Donald, she should have been streets ahead)

Do you understand democracy?

What has my age got to do with it? The point either stands or it doesn’t. Engage in debate.

I’m not going to say what age I am, it’s irrelevant to the point.

Oh but it does. Especially with your naive viewpoint.

Yes. She sold out the state department while she was there and made terrible judgements like pushing the war in Libya. Trump has no blood on his hands. Voters hoped Trump would provide something new and actually fight for them, they knew what they'd get with Clinton.

https://apnews.com/82df550e1ec646098b434f7d5771f625

"More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. It’s an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president."

You have a problem with the ethics of Hillary and the Clinton foundation but no problem with Russian interaction with Trump Family business, including funding?

• Advertisement

Oh but it does. Especially with your naive viewpoint.

Explain to me why you think my viewpoint is naive. Counter it with an argument of your own.

Something thought provoking would be great. Repeating yourself isn’t debate. My age is irrelevant to whether I’m right or wrong.

they/them/theirs

Zing!!!

There is no debate, you support a group that the DHS classed as domestic terrorists. You are a radical ideologue.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235

"Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO.

Previously unreported documents disclose that by April 2016, authorities believed that “anarchist extremists” were the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI."

Do you understand democracy?

Absolutely. And that fact has nothing to do with the question I asked.

Can you answer it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.”
    ― T.S. Eliot

Hell is paved with good intentions.”
    ― Samuel Johnson

God save us from people who mean well.”
    ― Vikram Seth

The motive behind criticism often determines its validity. Those who care criticize where necessary. Those who envy criticize the moment they think that they have found a weak spot.”
    ― Criss Jami, Killosophy

There is no debate, you support a group that the DHS classed as domestic terrorists. You are a radical ideologue.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235

"Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO.

Previously unreported documents disclose that by April 2016, authorities believed that “anarchist extremists” were the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI."

I don’t support Antifa. I quite clearly stated I have issues with their methods. I am a radical ideologue though. Pacifism seems to be the most radical ideology anyone can believe in these days.

I am anti fascist though. Aren’t you?

Nice ad hominem attack though. Good work, it almost deflected away from you being completely wrong about Trump.

they/them/theirs

Explain to me why you think my viewpoint is naive. Counter it with an argument of your own.

Something thought provoking would be great. Repeating yourself isn’t debate. My age is irrelevant to whether I’m right or wrong.

Zing ! Is that a good response? Come back to me when you grow up

Zing ! Is that a good response? Come back to me when you grow up

So you’re not going to engage the points I’m making at all? Why not?

I’m unlikely to ever grow up beyond my current state. Its taken a while to get here and I’m happy.

they/them/theirs

I don’t support Antifa.

I disagree with some of their methods, but I agree with their cause.

You've totally convinced me!! You are agree with their anti capitalism views then.

Which one are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Zing!!!

To be fair. When someone like the quoted consumes conspiracy theory material. Mix that with an obsession with identity politics. Pepper that with Alt right media. It creates an hilarious combination of idea's and a combative hatred of whatever is different to what he perceives as his 'norm' and perceived victim-hood for having fowl ideas.

• Advertisement

You've totally convinced me!! You are agree with their anti capitalism views then.

Which one are you?

]

Seriously now. Why can’t you debate like an adult? I have never supported Antifa, and never will as long as they use violence to protest.

I am anti fascist though. Are you ?

How do you feel about fascism?

they/them/theirs

Advertisement