Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Anxiety fcuking with my stomach. Starving but struggling to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Anxiety fcuking with my stomach. Starving but struggling to eat

I'm familiar with that, Kitty. I find yoghurt is easy to eat at those times.

TA, going out wearing my prescription sunglasses and forgetting my normal ones. Squinted my way around the supermarket and nearly didn't recognise 2 people who said hello to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Went in to a charity ship.Havent been in the shop in a while.The price of the stuff,be cheaper buying it new.Plus whose idea was it for colour blocking.Im not rooting for my size

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I'm familiar with that, Kitty. I find yoghurt is easy to eat at those times.

TA, going out wearing my prescription sunglasses and forgetting my normal ones. Squinted my way around the supermarket and nearly didn't recognise 2 people who said hello to me :(

I had a yogurt and struggled, but I finished it anyway so at least I’ve eaten something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

dubstarr wrote: »
    Went in to a charity ship.Havent been in the shop in a while.The price of the stuff,be cheaper buying it new.Plus whose idea was it for colour blocking.Im not rooting for my size

Last time I looked at one in Limerick there was lots of 70s veneered furniture with prices like they were capitalising on the retro trend, and a full polar bear skin (1,000 euro, plus ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Peadar_85

That hero on the bike you pass out who then decides to skip past you at every red light meaning you have to pass him again and again!

Just to clarify when I'm also cycling that is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Why the **** can't people pull up to the line at a red light?

I had two people next to me yesterday who were so far back from the line that you could almost fit another car in there. And I was behind one fella today who (while 7 cars back from the light) left enough room for a Day of the Dead parade between his car and the one in front. Apart from causing traffic to take up more space than necessary, having to cover more ground means less cars get through the lights.

Also, at the junction yesterday, there's sensors under the road and at nights and weekends the light won't go green unless you're on them. Have you ever been stuck behind a moron sitting behind the sensor wondering why the light won't go green? It's ****ing torture. You can't get out and tell them why they're stupid because they'll probably think it's road rage - you just have to wait for them to eventually get impatient and creep forward enough to trigger the sensor.

Why? Why the **** won't they pull up to the line and/or the car in front? Do they think they're being safer, or are they morons who aren't confident/qualified enough to drive?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah would ye f*ck off rain. I'm cycling today and don't want to get my hair wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

My phone ...will ..not ..charge....

I had the same problem on my iphone. It turns out the socket part of the phone that you plug the charger into can will up with dust/fluff etc. Scrape it out with a pin or needle. At first, hardly anything comes out, but keep at it, you'll eventually be pulling tonnes of fluff out of it. You should then be able to charge correctly.

TA: Can't think of a TA. I'm permabanned, aren't I?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Northern Ireland accents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Why the **** can't people pull up to the line at a red light?

Also, at the junction yesterday, there's sensors under the road and at nights and weekends the light won't go green unless you're on them.

My experience of this was at a light controlled humpback bridge in deepest Offaly, a French registered car was stopped too far back, After trying to wave them forward I got out and pointed to the line. They move - lights change but the fcukers in the cars behind mine nearly drove over me as I was trying to get back in :mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A courtcase that can't be mentioned making me feel sick to my stomach( by no means trivial though )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

TAd that I can't watch the box set series of Bachelors Walk on RTE Player due to a Norn Iron internet rego.

I'm sure there's some convoluted tech gloop that could overcome this, but... effort.

Which one, exactly?

Do Dubs have the same accent as Corkonians etc etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Which one, exactly?

I would say ANY northern accent.

They all sound the same..sort of sing-song moany and whingy....mean feckers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Which one, exactly?

No idea, all of them....whiney feicers!

No, Dub & Cork arent the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

TAd that I can't watch the box set series of Bachelors Walk on RTE Player due to a Norn Iron internet rego.

I'm sure there's some convoluted tech gloop that could overcome this, but... effort.

Wrong thread, I know, but I am seriously happy to discover that Bachelors Walk is on RTE Player. Have waited a long time to watch this gem again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I got my first mobile phone in '99 when I started college. Big brick of Ericsson. Not all that mobile...was too big to fit in my jeans pocket so it stayed at home.

Fast forward 30 years and I got my work phone upgraded. A mini f*cking tablet.

Annoying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I hurt my right shoulder a few weeks ago so I have lost a little mobility in my arm. There is now a spot on my back that I cannot reach and it seems to be constantly itchy.
    Have to dig out that backscratcher I got as a joke present years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Wrong thread, I know, but I am seriously happy to discover that Bachelors Walk is on RTE Player. Have waited a long time to watch this gem again :)

And me! Thanks so much Mr S :) was not aware it was available.
    TA ...getting parped out of it twice on unfamiliar roads. I was in the wrong but still....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I would say ANY northern accent.

They all sound the same..sort of sing-song moany and whingy....mean feckers too.

To be fair there is a world of difference between say north Antrim and west Fermanagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

To be fair there is a world of difference between say north Antrim and west Fermanagh.

Indeed, 1 is like fingernails on a blackboard...............the other is like a fork on a blackboard
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

campaigners calling to your house at 6pm on a Friday evening, how disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Knowing I'm going to get a moaning phone call within the next hour , about something that has nothing to do with me . Oh joys..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Knowing I'm going to get a moaning phone call within the next hour , about something that has nothing to do with me . Oh joys..

And ... I was correct ..
    I need a coffee now , and chocolate , and all the good (bad ) stuff .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There has been an explosion of glitter in the kitchen caused by the most junior Rubberlegs. Glitter feckin everywhere, I'm going to be cleaning it up for days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    There has been an explosion of glitter in the kitchen caused by the most junior Rubberlegs. Glitter feckin everywhere, I'm going to be cleaning it up for days :(

Its a chore but it must look FABULOUS

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Something funny just happened: I looked at my list of unread followed threads, and I in the two columns I read "Things that trivially annoy you" ---> "Your Face" :D

Major TA: People and bureaucracy and lack of common sense and general stupidity do my head in.

• Advertisement

BtjIvYxCUAEJIH8.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement