Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I knocked the newly opened bottle of vegetable oil flying with my elbow and of course the lid wasn't closed properly. It got the floor, the side of the cooker, the table and the small child still in school uniform. FML :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I knocked the newly opened bottle of vegetable oil flying with my elbow and of course the lid wasn't closed properly. It got the floor, the side of the cooker, the table and the small child still in school uniform. FML :(

Guess what you'll need to clean it up...
    ELBOW GREASE!!!
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Or washing soda. Much easier.
    :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I remember flying out of Turin 11-12 years ago. Now, when you got to departures strangely it divided in 2 channels- UK this way and the rest of Europe that way. As I flying back to Dublin naturally I went 'that way'. You know where this is going....

I was told to go back as I should be going through the 'UK' channel. I tried to protest on the logical grounds that I was not flying to the UK but oh no...Ireland is lumped in with the UK but it does not say 'UK & Ireland'. I could have have punched the head off the guard and gladly served time for it but thought better of it.

Instead I have just blacklisted all Italians and hate everyone of them. I have no idea if the same arrangement is still in place.

I think it's something to do with Schengen/Non-Schengen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

New Home wrote: »
    Guess what you'll need to clean it up...
    ELBOW GREASE!!!
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Or washing soda. Much easier.
    :)

I have been skating around on old tea towels in a bid to soak it up :)

Flour would work, too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Fair city

So bad that it's good. I do give out to myself sometimes for watching it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    So bad that it's good. I do give out to myself sometimes for watching it.

Same here, if it wasn't for the thread in the tv forum and the laugh that is had in there, I'd be long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lusocu

Housemates taking your brand new frying pan and using it to cook their dinner while carelessly gouging deep scratches into it while stirring and cutting up meat on it with a knife. There goes me being able to flip my eggs or not having scrambled eggs stick to the surface. Then I have leave it lying in hot water and suds and scrubbing like a madman just to clean it. Don't stir stuff or cut stuff up in a nonstick saucepan with forks, knives and spoons etc!

Lusocu wrote: »
    Housemates taking your brand new frying pan and using it to cook their dinner while carelessly gouging deep scratches into it while stirring and cutting up meat on it with a knife. There goes me being able to flip my eggs or not having scrambled eggs stick to the surface. Then I have leave it lying in hot water and suds and scrubbing like a madman just to clean it. Don't stir stuff or cut stuff up in a nonstick saucepan with forks, knives and spoons etc!

Murder would be acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

People spend months planning holidays ; best location, best accommodation, best flights , good for them

My TA is every summer Joe Duffy and indeed boards.ie get flooded with complaints over passport delays

You booked your flight in February so why are you applying for your passport in May :confused:

The staff do their best and get nothing but abuse while applicants runs to their TDs to sort their own disorganization

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Lusocu wrote: »

I would choke that person.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

mikemac2 wrote: »
    People spend months planning holidays ; best location, best accommodation, best flights , good for them

My TA is every summer Joe Duffy and indeed boards.ie get flooded with complaints over passport delays

You booked your flight in February so why are you applying for your passport in May :confused:

The staff do their best and get nothing but abuse while applicants runs to their TDs to sort their own disorganization

Yes but the gubberment.......

TA people that blame the government for everything. Sort out your own life rather than blaming everyone else.

TA constant lies about 'homelessness'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sarah McInerney on The Late Debate, she's always interrupting people..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New Home wrote:
    Murder would be acceptable.

With their own scritchy knives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Spurs getting to the UCL final

• Registered Users Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had a half eaten queen cake earlier and I misplaced it and I can't find it and I don't think I ate it.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    With their own scritchy knives.

Nah, with the new frying pan. A head-shaped dent wouldn't make much of a difference, at this stage.
    I had a half eaten queen cake earlier and I misplaced it and I can't find it and I don't think I ate it.

Are you sitting on it? :pac:

Are you sitting on it? :pac:

I don't think so but my mother won't move!

Who half-eats a queen cake? They're a one mouthful job, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The dog and one of the cats decided to have a fight on me last night while I was sleeping. Pr*cks.
    It was already bad enough that I was sleeping in one of the kids beds because he snuck into my bed before I got there last night.

I took the dog downstairs and while carrying her slipped in a little puddle of water on the ground. It wasn't there when I went to bed, it wasn't wee, but I ended up having to clean that up, stop another dog/cat fight, realise I didn't go a good job of cleaning and had to do it again, get annoyed by another cat because he wanted to go outside. Go back to bed, then some f*cker was outside beeping their horn, couldn't get back asleep.

Spend my time wondering where the mystery liquid came from.

Vomit, I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Boom_Bap wrote:
    Spend my time wondering where the mystery liquid came from.

Ice cube?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Boom_Bap obviously lost control of his bladder whilst dealing with sleeping children, fighting animals and selfish car drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Boom_Bap obviously lost control of his bladder whilst dealing with sleeping children, fighting animals and selfish car drivers.

Or else it was a controlled pissy protest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Vomit, I bet.

Too clear and liquidy.

Ice cube?

I like his early material but his attempts at comebacks lately have been sub par.

It didn't taste like my wee.

Or else it was a controlled pissy protest.

Maybe it was the wee of someone extremely hydrated.

A sibling that's always whining!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Too clear and liquidy

Cat vomit can be like that, I speak from experience.... :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,345 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who call them cupcakes grrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Living in the UK I get quite a lot of 'Oh what part of Ireland are you from? I am Irish too.' Conversations will generally go like this:

Plastic Paddy: Oh what part of Ireland are you from? I am Irish too.
    PG: Cork
    Plastic Paddy: Is that in the North or South?
    PG: (Thinking: Really? Not great on the old geography there for an Irish person) The South. The nice bit. What part of Ireland are you from?
    Plastic Paddy: Oh.....well....amm...erm. Well I am not from Ireland. My grandfather was Irish.
    PG: Oh right. I thought you said you were Irish. (Now just being polite) Whereabouts was you grandfather from?
    Plastic Paddy: I am not sure I've never been. Is there somewhere called (pronounces badly) I]insert random county usually either in Connaught or the border region[/I or Dublin maybe I'm not sure...he died years ago.
    PG: So really you are not Irish at all are you. Your grandfather was. (Thinking why the fcuk are you going around telling people you are Irish you twat)

FFS....:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement