Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭gifted

Parents who get invited to a communion get together, they send their kids but they go to the pub for 4 hours and then turn up for a half an hour half steamed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Since we're on shops:

1) People who seem surprised by the concept of having to hand over money after all their items have been scanned and then have to go excavating in a bag for money.

2) The people in front of you who stand there while all their items have moved along 10 feet towards the cashier.

3) The clueless thicks using the self-service checkout when they haven't a notion and need the supermarket equivalent of an SNA to help them with every. Single. Item.

4) Just because little Fiachra wants to scan the items through doesny make it ok to hold everyone else up.

5) When your items have been scanned, pack them. Don't just watch the cashier scan them and then pack at the end.

There's more but that has been cathartic. I'll head over to the trivially happy thread now to commend this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dublin airport security. Bloody mayhem, even the staff are stressed calling out instructions to the sheep!

I'm heading to Brussels for work. The office booked the flight for me and I misread the booking ... thought I had a checked bag so I brought a large suitcase 'cos I've got a suit and stuff in it... Got to the airport and just forked out 40 quid to check it in....and another 40 for the return leg!!!
    I doubt I can claim it on my expenses either, it's my own stupid fault :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gifted wrote: »
    Parents who get invited to a communion get together, they send their kids but they go to the pub for 4 hours and then turn up for a half an hour half steamed

I'd say Communion parties in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Bent my nail back today, can't find my superglue to stick it back.

OOOOUCH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My phone randomly changed the way boards displays recently. I like it but I don't know how to post pictures anymore... And I just gave the pony a bath so obviously wanted to show her off!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Aisle seats on planes. Not much better than the middle seat but at least in the middle seat you don't have to suffer people's smelly arses in your face or get bopped on the head with their shoulder bags ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A TA is posting on a thread which then dies, not because of me hopefully but sometimes I do want answers or a follow up :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My toenail fell off again and my back is itchy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

2) The people in front of you who stand there while all their items have moved along 10 feet towards the cashier.

This. Drives. Me. DEMENTED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Getting your renewal quote for car insurance. Look around, nothing is cheaper anywhere.
    Husband tries a new quote with the same insurer I'm currently with and it's 300 quid cheaper than my renewal.
    Oh lord, they won't have a good time on the phone tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Dishwasher that beeps and beeps when its finished until you physically power it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

TG1 wrote: »
    My phone randomly changed the way boards displays recently. I like it but I don't know how to post pictures anymore... And I just gave the pony a bath so obviously wanted to show her off!! :pac:

:eek: How did you squeeze the pony into the bath? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

people who say things like "you wouldn't like it" ........snide nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Burnt my finger off a teapot at work today

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:eek: How did you squeeze the pony into the bath? :D

One leg at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Buy a big bath... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Dishwasher that beeps and beeps when its finished until you physically power it off.
    :/ irritating

I have this coffee machine that sounds off like a siren when it's done brewing, I could do without that fire alarm in the morning (and before I've had me coffee!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Noisy bastardy starlings!!!

5.30 this morning.....little fcukers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have my alarm clock set to the sound of birdsong. This is fine in winter but now the actual birds songs are waking me up at 5am. Have to change it back to the siren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

People who put a reply to a thread within the quoted text box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

People who come to work smelling of piss. Why do people do this? Are they unaware? I'd expect it from primary school children with neglectful parents but an adult?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Men [and its mostly men]who stand beside the coffee machine in a shop and put sugar,milk in.While its still at the machine.Move off and do it on the little counter like a normal person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm at a work event that I had to set up at 6.30 this morning. My boss just asked me to put a meeting in the diary for 4pm this afternoon. Eh, no, fcuk off, I'm going home to bed as soon as this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Noisy bastardy starlings!!!

5.30 this morning.....little fcukers

Starlings

The annoying teenagers of the bird world

Hanging around, bickering among themselves and that machine gun cackle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

dubstarr wrote: »
    Men [and its mostly men]who stand beside the coffee machine in a shop and put sugar,milk in.While its still at the machine.Move off and do it on the little counter like a normal person.

Women who, when met with the unexpected need to pay after placing their items on the conveyor belt, then search for their purse in their handbag. Open said purse and search for nonexistent vouchers, then finally produce a card. After paying they put the card back and the receipt in the correct part of the purse. Then put their purse back in their handbag and then proceed to pack their few items while having a good chat.

Women who put on their jacket and scarf for the extremely short walk to the car and then take it off before getting in. WHY!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Since we're on shops:

1) People who seem surprised by the concept of having to hand over money after all their items have been scanned and then have to go excavating in a bag for money.

3) The clueless thicks using the self-service checkout when they haven't a notion and need the supermarket equivalent of an SNA to help them with every. Single. Item.

4) Just because little Fiachra wants to scan the items through doesny make it ok to hold everyone else up.

5) When your items have been scanned, pack them. Don't just watch the cashier scan them and then pack at the end.

There's more but that has been cathartic. I'll head over to the trivially happy thread now to commend this thread.

My wife works for Tesco...and this right here sums up a lot of her day. She would love #3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Since we're on shops:

This is why I love aldi and Lidl as they have no space for people to let grocery's pile up. Not packing quick enough! It will be just shoved off the end into your trolley!

Think Dunne's is the worst for it. There's always long ques at the checkouts. Oul one's who'll let the shopping pile up while chatting away to the cashier. And will still have the whole lot to pack after paying. And even after all that they'll stay yapping away even though there could be 3 or 4 customers waiting. Work gave their vouchers as the Christmas bonus a few years though so have had to endure it!

I grew up in a shop so I'm pretty fast packing bags, in those day's though for big shops we'd pack them in boxes. Have everything organised on the conveyor when I put them up, chilled food altogether, heavier items on the belt first to go in the bottom of my bags. Bags all standing in trolley ready to go. I'll usually be finished packing before the cashier has asked for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Applegreen advertising a "Vegan" sausage roll. Its not a ****ing sausage roll if its got no sausage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ryath wrote: »
    This is why I love aldi and Lidl as they have no space for people to let grocery's pile up. Not packing quick enough! It will be just shoved off the end into your trolley!

I would disagree about Lidl, the amount of people in my local Lidl who just stand there watching their shopping getting scanned then piling up is beyond the ridiculous even the cashiers get pissed and try give subtle hits to them to start packing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement