Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

New Home wrote: »
    I think it's something to do with Schengen/Non-Schengen.

Perhaps but I have never see this at any other European airport and I have been to quite a few.

Would it have killed them to make it clear that Ireland was being lumped in- that is more my annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I see Applegreen are promoting Vegan sausage rolls'. Vegan sausage rolls. There is no such thing. Like non alcoholic whiskey, dry water.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Companies that use GDPR as a catch-all to avoid giving you information. Particularly the ones that demonstrate a complete misunderstanding of GDPR when they refuse to give you information about yourself that you are requesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I see Applegreen are promoting Vegan sausage rolls'. Vegan sausage rolls. There is no such thing. Like non alcoholic whiskey, dry water.

I’ve no issue with the idea of veggie sausages, burgers or nuggets. It’s when you see queen/vegetarian chicken or bacon that would trivially annoy me.

A sausage is just gunk squeezed into a thin casing, if it’s vegetarian or vegan then it’s a vegetarian or vegan sausage.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Companies that use GDPR as a catch-all to avoid giving you information. Particularly the ones that demonstrate a complete misunderstanding of GDPR when they refuse to give you information about yourself that you are requesting.

GDPR in general is biggest load of poppy cock ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

GDPR in general is biggest load of poppy cock ever!

Instead of data protection, it's information gathering imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,872 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People on boards who are all sweetness and light, all god is good, lols, best wishes etc, .......until someone disagrees with them. Then the mask slipps and they become nasty, petty and vindictive.
    I've come across quite a few of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Drivers who take right turns as if they were left ones.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Drivers who take right turns as if they were left ones.

tenor.gif?itemid=8603047

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Car tax in May, NCT in June and insurance in July. FML:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Rubberlegs wrote: »

I used to have that unholy trio in january, february, march.
    As if i didnt hate the winter months enough already

This is more than a TA for me but insensitivity. You know the type. You could be in a bad place or a bit down and along they come with "oh everything is great with me". And that is great. Really. But Jaysus a bit of empathy in response would be nice rather than expressing your own happiness at that time. People can be so heartless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

This is more than a TA for me but insensitivity. You know the type. You could be in a bad place or a bit down and along they come with "oh everything is great with me". And that is great. Really. But Jaysus a bit of empathy in response would be nice rather than expressing your own happiness at that time. People can be so heartless.

People can be thoughtless - wrapped up in themselves. I'd like to think that most people aren't really heartless.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Cheer up, it might never happen...

Fook right off with that comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Canvassers. feck off I'm in bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,382 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How about this
    Tax, Insurance and NCT all in May.

Insurance paid tough.
    NCT passed after a retest only minor issues.
    Tax yet to paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

bolgbui41 wrote: »

Happened to me recently - rang insurance company with a really basic query about my policy. Passed all the security checks and they refuse to give me the info citing GDPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Eye floaters . Just pee off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

How about this
    Tax, Insurance and NCT all in May.

Insurance paid tough.
    NCT passed after a retest only minor issues.
    Tax yet to paid.

Oh, Jaysus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Drunken people getting on the train and being stupid. Today I was standing and in stumbles this old man who was stinking of drink, tried to walk past me, but managed to walk on both my feet. I'd nowhere to go. He could have passed like others without walking on me. It bloody hurt!

Last week a drunk woman got on and says to nobody in particular "are there no seats, did ye try getting a seat?" No, we're all just standing between carriages like sardines because we like to do that. Nobody answered and she goes "am I talking to myself?!" Yes, go away!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Those maths tests and other questions on social media where the 'correct' answer is never given. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

The fact my neighbour is playing piano since 6am and its the same song repeatedly.

A song I know but cannot name either which is adding to it!

Clearly talented but there is a time & a place and it's not now.

Rant over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Chudnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

''What type of investor are you ?'' emails from AIB. Ahahaha. That one was definitely sent to everyone .

TA when one miscalculates the exchange rate and realise your mistake when you see your online bank statement .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

''What type of investor are you ?'' emails from AIB. Ahahaha. That one was definitely sent to everyone .

TA when one miscalculates the exchange rate and realise your mistake when you see your online bank statement .

Yup, got the same one myself...instant delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

All in June for me. Can't wait... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Got note in door that guys collecting small electrical appliances yesterday. Just leave in driveway. Put lots of stuff out, almost all working. First, someone cut the plugs off overnight , then it rained, and the stuff was never collected. Now everything is broken, too wet to bring back into house and will soon start to rust and stain my drive way unless i take time off work to go to dump. Grr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

Trying to peel an Orange after you've clipped the nails on your thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Was in England for a few days last week for a funeral. Was a very emotional funeral as the death was very sudden (brain hemmorhage) and at an early age (53). A couple of long drinking sessions too, on top of the emotions.

I've been back almost a week now and still feel mentally and physically drained.

Hopefully, a weekend without alcohol will get me back up on my feet again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Pretty sure I've got a bursting ovarian cyst. Won't kill me but not fun either . Am I fit to go ahead with the plan for tonight ? ta not knowing, and short notice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement