Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Working outside, didn't realise the rain was getting heavier, and I was slowly getting wetter. Driving home in damp clothes, smelling like a wet dog, yuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I thought that was going in a different direction

No, thankfully :D

Neutering is great

• Registered Users Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your going to the toilet and somebody tries to have a full conversation with you trough the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

RMAOK wrote: »
    :D

Did he have 12 of them?

Let me see...it went plop, plop, plop...plop, plop, plop...plop, plop - I was done at that stage!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Annoyed with myself for not being able to embrace social media. I logged into my Instagram for the first time in about 4 years and started to follow a few people. Now some random person who I have never heard of and is apparently an actress and an author has followed me. I'm freaked out now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,343 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sprayed deodorant in my ear by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Loud people on their Moblies - on the train/bus :mad:

YES, WE CAN ALL BLOODY HEAR YOU, GRRR ...

I sprayed permethrin down my throat by accident once. Insecticide .

Similar bottle to colloidal silver spray for a scratchy throat which felt like an impending flu. Felt a lot worse after that . That's another of my lives down.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Ha. I have a black cat they go with everything :D

And by the way...oh, hai!:p :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Sac O Spuds

The totally inconsistent decisions made by County council planning departments.
    Talking to 3 lads in their 30s in the last few days and they are fuming at being turned down. One is just after being refused for the third time. Another has just got his approval on the third attempt and the other had his first application turned down. The cost involved just to get approval is huge made even worse when new site surveys drawings percolation tests and new application fees have to be paid.
    Meanwhile all 4 of us were discussing a massive new piggery being built on top of a hill 400 ft approx and visible for miles around. All 4 of us will be able to see this monstrosity when it's finished. Feed bins up to 40ft high will be plainly visible like rockets waiting to be launched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Ear Infection.....don't know how I got it, but by jaysus my left ear is itchy and sore and feel's like its full to the brim.

Downside, I can't use my headphones...so I have to listen to the ear polluting noise of town life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Today. It can just fcuk off.

Got absolutely drownded walking the dog this morning, to the point where I had to change my clothes when I got back, so I was running late for work anyway.

Apocalyptic traffic due to a poxy fender-bender in Citywest, resulting in a journey time of an hour and three minutes to travel the 14 kilometres between home and work.

Went to make my coffee only to find someone has helped themselves to my keepy-cup.

Just realised I forgot my lunch.

Accidentally closed a Gantt project I'd spent the entire morning creating without saving it.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2016%2F06%2F206f679d3526c46a2bfe6c98c207f016e1d58435055f68bed810ac58a16a83cc3a67cf084daf4371633012b2a33c121986fe6fc068eaacc22a7322315351df4bbc7df44863962c225702d486152fa91c.jpeg&w=800&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Herself arrived home late last night. In my deep state of sleep, I thought that she was mooching in for some action.

I open my eyes and no, it's not her, it's the dog licking my face and the smoke alarm was going off for some reason. Cue the panic of running around the house to see if there is a fire with the dog chasing me and the kids starting to wake up wondering if mammy was cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Herself arrived home late last night. In my deep state of sleep, I thought that she was mooching in for some action.

I open my eyes and no, it's not her, it's the dog licking my face and the smoke alarm was going off for some reason. Cue the panic of running around the house to see if there is a fire with the dog chasing me and the kids starting to wake up wondering if mammy was cooking.

Parents to young kids and Tuesday night action....?

Oh come on. You know better than that...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

***** with massive obnoxious umbrellas on packed city streets. Seriously considering safety goggles for my trip out to get lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭galwayguy85

Finding an interesting Irish Times article on their Facebook page (usually while using the smartphone app), clicking the link and being told I need to start stumping up money to actually read it... then needing to copy and paste the article into Google to read it for nowt!!

Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 33,268 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not annoying me yet, but I seen on the Indo site that Kathryn Thomas is getting married in the summer, with 9 bridesmaids and 200 guests.

We will soon be getting daily updates and photos about this wedding.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

NIMAN wrote: »
    Not annoying me yet, but I seen on the Indo site that Kathryn Thomas is getting married in the summer, with 9 bridesmaids and 200 guests.

Can't wait.

It wouldn't be too bad if it was only daily updates - wouldn't surprise me at all if it was hourly updates tbh. :eek::eek:

No doubt tubs will have her on the late late discussing the wonderful news :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Airport security.

Yes, I totally understand the very real need for it, unfortunately. BUT many of the rules and regulations just seem designed to annoy the happy traveller*.

I'm obsessed with preparing everything perfectly well in advance of a trip, so I don't ever have to face the embarrassment of having shaving foam (or any equally apparently potentially fatal liquids like aftershave or 105 ml of milk, etc) in my carry on bag, and then being treated like Osama bin Laden.

Even more annoying than the apparently random rules that were drawn up to protect us though, is the level of inconsistency at airports. In the last 12 months I've flown four or five times from Cork to Manchester and Las Palmas with Mrs Ragnar. Every time at each of the airports, the security seemed to be following different regulations. There's no consistency at all.

Last Sunday I flew back from Manchester and after a fairly emotional few days at a funeral and a few heavy sessions on the beer I just couldn't be bothered to unlace and take off my Doc Marten boots. I knew I'd probably be asked to remove them, but decided to take the chance. Not a bother, I sailed through security and wasn't asked to take them off once. Why do I need to take them off anyway, and if there's a reasonable explanation, why isn't it enforced every time?

Also, I hate the way that you can never, ever question the security or complain about their treatment of you, in case you miss the flight or get arrested or get shot by armed guards in the airport for having the temerity to question these things.

* In truth, I've never had a genuinely bad experience with security, as I act like a sheep whenever I'm in an airport, but it's still an annoying experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Airport security.

Also, I hate the way that you can never, ever question the security or complain about their treatment of you, in case you miss the flight or get arrested or get shot by armed guards in the airport for having the temerity to question these things.

* In truth, I've never had a genuinely bad experience with security, as I act like a sheep whenever I'm in an airport, but it's still an annoying experience.

I remember flying out of Turin 11-12 years ago. Now, when you got to departures strangely it divided in 2 channels- UK this way and the rest of Europe that way. As I flying back to Dublin naturally I went 'that way'. You know where this is going....

I was told to go back as I should be going through the 'UK' channel. I tried to protest on the logical grounds that I was not flying to the UK but oh no...Ireland is lumped in with the UK but it does not say 'UK & Ireland'. I could have have punched the head off the guard and gladly served time for it but thought better of it.

Instead I have just blacklisted all Italians and hate everyone of them. I have no idea if the same arrangement is still in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

NIMAN wrote: »

Can't wait.

Poor wedding guests having to listen to Kathryn yelling for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Forced cookie acceptance boll0xol0gy on websites. Clickitity click click click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Not so trivial but I'm going to have to rehome my flock of cockatiels because it turns out one of my dogs Molly is allergic to them or rather the fine powder they deposit everywhere :( It's a long story that involved a lot of vet visits but we eventually figured out what was causing her allergies. I'm heart broken because I don't want to re-home the birds with other people. A lot of my birds I got through Petmania and the GSPCA ringing me because people didn't want their bird and when it came to me, it didn't even know how to fly because it was just kept in a cage 24/7. I have birds here that have never known the captivity of a cage and I don't want to give them to someone who will only lock it in a cage and treat it as an ornament.

The receptionist suggested that I contact places like Tayto Park which have an aviary, which maybe able to take the birds. I'm looking into this now as well as zoo's etc. If anyone knows of any places they think might be appropriate could you please pm me details? Thanks.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Not so trivial but I'm going to have to rehome my flock of cockatiels because it turns out one of my dogs Molly is allergic to them or rather the fine powder they deposit everywhere :( It's a long story that involved a lot of vet visits but we eventually figured out what was causing her allergies. I'm heart broken because I don't want to re-home the birds with other people. A lot of my birds I got through Petmania and the GSPCA ringing me because people didn't want their bird and when it came to me, it didn't even know how to fly because it was just kept in a cage 24/7. I have birds here that have never known the captivity of a cage and I don't want to give them to someone who will only lock it in a cage and treat it as an ornament.

The receptionist suggested that I contact places like Tayto Park which have an aviary, which maybe able to take the birds. I'm looking into this now as well as zoo's etc. If anyone knows of any places they think might be appropriate could you please pm me details? Thanks.

I do although it might be too far for you if you're near tayto park but I'll PM you in case. Sorry to hear that .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Marley Park have an aviary in the walled garden . Beside the tea room

Heading to Newcastle on Saturday for the Heineken Cup final and Ryanair have sent me their cabin bag policy three times since Sunday. I get it, FFS!

I know there's no point in complaining about the weather and people that do are a ta to me but fcuk I'm frozen and have been for the last week, that sun over the weekend looked great but it was skinning if you left the house or got out of the car, my feet are like ice and I've the heating on, ffs.

I know there's no point in complaining about the weather and people that do are a ta to me but fcuk I'm frozen and have been for the last week, that sun over the weekend looked great but it was skinning if you left the house or got out of the car, my feet are like ice and I've the heating on, ffs.

I saw a guy out washing his car in just shorts and flip-flops on Saturday. It was 10 degrees!

A large proportion of Irish people clearly just go "Ooh, sun!" and dress on the basis that it's 20C out. I'll never understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Heading to Newcastle on Saturday for the Heineken Cup final and Ryanair have sent me their cabin bag policy three times since Sunday. I get it, FFS!

TA’d I’m not going over and that I have to attend a christening before it and will be lucky to catch the first half.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,965 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Airport security.

Had a nice week or so in Poland meeting lovely people only to meet this stupid bint at the passport control...

*Passport ready to hand over*

Female Security/Airport police drone barks - "TAKE OUT PASSPORT!!"

*Confused look*

"TAKE OUT PASSPORT!!"

*Finally gets it... She means "take cover off passport*

*Thinks... Are your fvcking hands just painted on, Magda?*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement