Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I know it's been said more than once, and not only by me, but... A CURSE ON PEOPLE WHO AREN'T PUNCTUAL AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO BE SO. Especially after they pick the time in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Janey keep your hair on, I'll be there shortly :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Janey keep your hair on, I'll be there shortly :D

And leave me waiting :eek: The cheek of some :P

My TA is it's starting to rain again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Steven Merchant and Ricky Gervais

Autosport wrote: »
    And leave me waiting :eek: The cheek of some :P

My TA is it's starting to rain again

TA'd I can't hide from Auto :p

Also I'm freezing today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The waiting game.

Also, coffee-mouth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    I know it's been said more than once, and not only by me, but... A CURSE ON PEOPLE WHO AREN'T PUNCTUAL AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO BE SO. Especially after they pick the time in the first place.

Off with their heads :3.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Seph, you're my hero. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

In Iceland today,trying to get at something.And they had a big display of gravy right in my way.I couldnt even move it,cause it was in an awkward place

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Seph, you're my hero. :D

tenor.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dubstarr wrote: »
    In Iceland today,trying to get at something.And they had a big display of gravy right in my way.I couldnt even move it,cause it was in an awkward place

Took me a second to realise you meant the store and not the country.

inforfun wrote: »
    Why wouldnt 100mb of another provider be enough?
    I think a good chunk of people who pay Virgin for 240 or 360mb dont get more than 100mb because of their network card being just that, 100mb.

You're probably correct. Vodafone is offering 100mb at €25pm/€300 per year, Eir is offering 100mb for €30 pm/€360 per year, versus €50 pm/€600 per year with Virgin for 240mb. If it is too slow, I could change back to Virgin and get a much better deal as a new customer. Seeing as Virgin is going to screw me over for the next month anyway, I might as well give a 100mb alternative supplier a try and see if it's sufficient (I can cancel in the first 14 days, apparently).

According to that Switcher article:'Fastest Broadband Explained. What is fast broadband? Fast broadband would generally be considered to be a reliable broadband connection with speeds at or above 30Mbps. This is also the minimum target speed as set out by the National Broadband Plan.'

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Had to print something earlier. Went to thenplace in the college, 10 cent.
    Forgot i had to print something else while in town. Go into a place I’d never been before, ask can I print an email in here.
    Yea but you have to send me the email.
    Wasn’t too happy but said sure feck it, no harm.
    Get to the till, 2 pages, and he goes thats 1.30.
    For 2 pages. Absolute robbers!

Had to print something earlier. Went to thenplace in the college, 10 cent.
    Forgot i had to print something else while in town. Go into a place I’d never been before, ask can I print an email in here.
    Yea but you have to send me the email.
    Wasn’t too happy but said sure feck it, no harm.
    Get to the till, 2 pages, and he goes thats 1.30.
    For 2 pages. Absolute robbers!

In case you're stuck again, go to a public library - my local one, for instance, lets you print for 30c a page - expensive enough, but still cheaper than what you had to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

I’m annoyed that I can’t log in to my usual boards account and I have no idea why. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t banned, seems to be some kind of technical glitch where the system gets caught in a loop every time I try to log in.

It was a fairly new account though and I didn’t like the username I chose, so I think I’ll just use this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I can't be the only person to think that a 5pm finish time means that you're ready to leave the office at 5pm? So you start to tidy up and close stuff down at about 4.55pm. It doesn't mean that you start at 5pm and leave your wife in the pouring rain waiting for you for 5-10 minutes does it?

Depends which side of the table you are.

If you're the worker you're paid 9-5 and off premises by 5.

if your the boss, you're to work till 5, then off premises.

You'll only find out by doing it your way......once, as you'll find out pretty quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Day 1 off minerals! Got a fierce longing around 4! This is going to be tough...

Minerals as in soft drinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Couples having little arguments or snapping at each other in other people’s company. Nobody want to hear this! Have some self-control, people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Slightly annoyed that Eldon Maxbank is gone. Loved his posts, regardless of whether I agreed with him or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The writers on Fair City trying to appear woke when writing for the young cast. The other day one of the teens had an apocalyptic melter because someone deleted an app on her phone. Like a normal person would just redownload the app and log in again. There’s also various cringe references to Snapchat streaks and Pokemon. Clearly written by dinosaurs who have never used an app.

Scarleh for myself outing myself for watching this ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TA at myself for not knowing what " woke" is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

iamwhoiam wrote: »

You shouldn't be. You're probably better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think I used it wrong tbf but in my head it means down with the kids

giphy.gif

The writers on Fair City trying to appear woke when writing for the young cast. The other day one of the teens had an apocalyptic melter because someone deleted an app on her phone. Like a normal person would just redownload the app and log in again. There’s also various cringe references to Snapchat streaks and Pokemon. Clearly written by dinosaurs who have never used an app.

Scarleh for myself outing myself for watching this ****e.

Don't forget Wayne the pain with his constant meltdowns, he may as well be a teen the eejit!

I think I used it wrong tbf but in my head it means down with the kids

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Muppets pretending to be the victim

iamwhoiam wrote: »

The past simple of "wake".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went to the gym, then got a horrible pain in my stomach. Working out was such a struggle, although I got a decent amount done considering.

• Advertisement

I was talking to an almost 16 y.o. today: she had never heard of King Kong. Seriously, what are they teaching kids these days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement