Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Minerals as in soft drinks?

Yes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Yes. :pac:

Good to know you weren't lusting for a tub of Vivioptal :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Good to know you weren't lusting for a tub of Vivioptal :D

Had to google that :D that's my TA :P

Autosport wrote: »
    Had to google that :D that's my TA :P

Could do great things for ya Auto :)

Could do great things for ya Auto :)

You saying I need energy :P

TA'd that I am tired at this early hour :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Airbrushed babies on baby wipe packs and in magazines. Why?! It's bad enough that they lighten skin colour, blend out the slightest line or blemish on grown up models and make them look thinner than they are but babies?

Autosport wrote: »
    You saying I need energy :P

TA'd that I am tired at this early hour :(

I think there's a bit of irony in this post Auto :D:P

I think there's a bit of irony in this post Auto :D:P

Nothing lost on you CH ;):D

I'm TA'd that I'm thirsty and I'm too lazy to get out of bed for one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

No idea why this annoys me as it is so innocuous, but I get irritated when people add “side” to the end of their location on the “where are you” thread (e.g., kitchenside or couchside”) why not just say in the kitchen or on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When someone sits right in front of you in class, wearing a bobble hat. I’m small so I struggle to see the board at the best of times but this is a joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

This isn't trivial but struggling with life changing decisions I don't want to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Succubus_ wrote:
    This isn't trivial but struggling with life changing decisions I don't want to make.

Why can't we all bury our heads in the sand? It's just not fair.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Watch out, ILTBOY, the sand may turn out to be kitty litter. (Yes, I'm speaking from experience)

Succubus_ wrote: »

Jesus Cleo you're making me anxious

Try the serenity prayer

(God) grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change
    The courage to change the things I can
    And the wisdom to know the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

People who don't seem to realise that the same rules apply for mini roundabouts as the normal size ones. The amount of times the person that I have to yield to yields to me too and sits there like a deer in the headlights.
    The postman called early with a parcel and I had to sign for it pre shower with my hair on end in the scabby dressing gown I only wear as I have never found another with a zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Had two scabby glasses of wine last night and have a headache more fitting to having indulged in the ancient Bacchanalia. No fair.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at bending over last night and pj bottoms ripped at the back :o morto :o

Thanks I had a new pair 😀

Ta'd at bending over last night and pj bottoms ripped at the back :o morto :o

Thanks I had a new pair 😀

Less plate sliding might help some of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The writers on Fair City trying to appear woke when writing for the young cast.

TA’d I had to look and read what woke means

Been seeing a lot on boards lately

Old and not down with the youngsters anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

mikemac2 wrote: »

I just googled it myself. There was me thinking it was what you did in the mornings when you opened your eyes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

If you use the word woke, you aren't.

mikemac2 wrote: »

#metoo Urban Dictionary is my friend :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Ush1 wrote: »
    If you use the word woke, you aren't.

I'm annoyed by the word woke, even though I agree with a lot of 'woke' values. I'd prefer to be called progressive. Woke just makes it seem like this week's trend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Less plate sliding might help some of that :D

That's not very nice :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Unwashed toothpaste spit marks in the sink. Gag.

Jackdaws at the bird feeders. Two sparrows fighting over one when another is completely free and finally how two small dogs can bully you into going for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Stupid TripAdvisor reviews

I visited the Epic museum in CHQ, Dublin 1 recently and thought it was super. Mostly about emigration but lots and lots to see and do. 5 stars from me

“Very Irish orientated” was one negative TripAdvisor review

Whatcha expecting for a museum about emigration and Irish culture :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When people wipe their mouths on a hand towel after brushing their teeth, and there's white toothpaste marks left on the towel :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I'm annoyed by the word woke, even though I agree with a lot of 'woke' values. I'd prefer to be called progressive. Woke just makes it seem like this week's trend.

To me, "woke" goes hand in hand with "dabbing", or whatever that's called - so trendy, but it just reminds me of Michael Flatley (the "dabbing", I mean).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    People who don't seem to realise that the same rules apply for mini roundabouts as the normal size ones. The amount of times the person that I have to yield to yields to me too and sits there like a deer in the headlights.
    The postman called early with a parcel and I had to sign for it pre shower with my hair on end in the scabby dressing gown I only wear as I have never found another with a zip.

I saw some on oxendales.ie yesterday.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement