Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I miss pancakes. I don't have all the ingredients to hand to make more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spilt Lea perrins all down my favorite pants *cross face*😤🤬

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I miss pancakes. I don't have all the ingredients to hand to make more.

That's worse than the "Beast From The East Great Bread Shortage of 2018".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spilt Lea perrins all down my favorite pants *cross face*😤🤬

Is that a cork drink?

My TA is ive never heard of that drink

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Autosport wrote: »

Is that a cork drink?

It's Worcestershire sauce :)
    I double dare you to drink it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Worcestershire sauce, Auto. :D

Had it been Tabasco his trousers would've turned into hot pants. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is that a cork drink?

TA'd that Auto is not a domestic goddess :D

(I'm sure she has many other fine qualities though)

Seven Worlds will Collide

My TA is I don't use Worcestershire sauce hence I never heard of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

My TA is I don't use Worcestershire sauce hence I never heard of it :D

It's really good when put on cheese on toast :)

TA when people pronounce it Wor-sester instead of Wuster-shire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA that it’s getting closer to Friday which means the day I start work at 6am and I’m dreading it.

Also TA that I’m not a morning person

• Advertisement

It's really good when put on cheese on toast :)

Occasionally a few drops on a fry-up is grand too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Worchester sauce auto, damn good too 😀

Ta'd I dropped my mini Sony mp3 and now it won't work, so no music on the way Into town for my appointment 😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

mzungu wrote: »
    I heard a song on the radio years ago. It had this really cool riff in it. The kind that sticks in your head immediately.

Have never been able to find it.

It's a trivial annoyance.

Could you hum it for us? Maybe somebody here knows it. :pac:

Occasionally a few drops on a fry-up is grand too.

Noooo it's ketchup for a fry and Chef tomato ketchup

That's another TA of mine :D

HEINZ HEINZ HEINZ

HEINZ HEINZ HEINZ

Ban :D

I suppose you prefer Heinz beans instead of the most gorgeous Batchelors beans

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Couldn’t get my Pancake Tuesday arse into my fav jeans this morning so I’m wearing a dress that used to be too tight on me which is now too loose. Ta at bipolar clothes

TA when people pronounce it Wor-sester instead of Wuster-shire.

From their website:
    Worcestershire can be properly pronounced a few ways: "WUST-ter-shire, "WOOS-ter-sheer", or "WOOS-ter-sher" sauce. But the easiest way to say Worcestershire Sauce is Lea & Perrins®.

Ban :D

I suppose you prefer Heinz beans instead of the most gorgeous Batchelors beans

No I agree with you this time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So many TA’s with road ****!!!
    People who think they still have right of way despite the fact you were already on the round about before them and so they charge towards you like a bull to a red flag. Like are you well in the head?? This happens mostly on small roundabouts. One of these days I’m going to just get out of my car and say “go on then!! Give it a good smash!”
    Also people who pretend they don’t see you or worse are suddenly distracted by something (nothing) elsewhere when they KNOW they are being cheeky. Like people who don’t let you join in a line of traffic or people taking cheeky chances and risks- don’t worry Deirdre!! You can stop straining your neck!! I know you don’t see anyone in the distance! I know you’re only avoding giving me eye contact on the offchance I’ll give you the middle finger your deserve! Fcuk you!
    Ahh I feel better.

• Advertisement

I don't what it is with roundabouts in Galway they're crazy, no wonder they're trying to remove them.There's times I'd love to have an aul banger only worth a couple of hundred quid so I could test them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I don't what it is with roundabouts in Galway they're crazy, no wonder they're trying to remove them.There's times I'd love to have an aul banger only worth a couple of hundred quid so I could test them :D

True, but the lights to replace them roundabouts has made traffic worse I'm.

TA for old women constantly talking about funerals - a crowd of them plonked themselves down beside me today and for a half an hour it was non stop talk about funerals and wakes etc. :mad:

Does anyone remember when the then Headford road roundabout had traffic lights?

New Home wrote: »
    Does anyone remember when the then Headford road roundabout had traffic lights?

Indeed, the feeling you were never in the right lane, I think I used to get religion on approach :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ohfa6muwtsvkc1

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 30,306 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

RMAOK wrote: »
    TA for old women constantly talking about funerals - a crowd of them plonked themselves down beside me today and for a half an hour it was non stop talk about funerals and wakes etc. :mad:

When my grandmother got old. She went through a phase of going to loads of funerals and my mother had to bring her to them. The last one she was brought to she was shaking hands with the family and she asked a woman. 'How's your mother?'' The woman replied. ''She's just being buried there''.
    Just to note my grandmother was with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

"Dirty Forehead Day"

Virgin Media - my package ends in a few days. I decided to stay with them but change my package/bundle. They said that to change the package I need to give them 30 days notice, even though I'm staying with their company. I was aware you had to give 30 days notice when moving companies but they're essentially saying I will be charged the full price of €100 or whatever for a month's service because I didn't notify them of changing bundles 30 days before the contract ends. I've never paid that sort of silly money for a month (they said because you're out of contract for that bundle it reverts to that full price, even though I'm on a different bundle with them)

It would be nice if in 2019 in Ireland that people who want fast broadband had an alternative to this monopoly company.

Ireland 2019: Fast Broadband suppliers supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Trying to find an interesting thread to contribute to

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Virgin Media - my package ends in a few days. I decided to stay with them but change my package/bundle. They said that to change the package I need to give them 30 days notice, even though I'm staying with their company. I was aware you had to give 30 days notice when moving companies but they're essentially saying I will be charged the full price of €100 or whatever for a month's service because I didn't notify them of changing bundles 30 days before the contract ends. I've never paid that sort of silly money for a month (they said because you're out of contract for that bundle it reverts to that full price, even though I'm on a different bundle with them)

It would be nice if in 2019 in Ireland that people who want fast broadband had an alternative to this monopoly company.

Ireland 2019: Fast Broadband suppliers supplier

Why wouldnt 100mb of another provider be enough?
    I think a good chunk of people who pay Virgin for 240 or 360mb dont get more than 100mb because of their network card being just that, 100mb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement