Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    People who don't seem to realise that the same rules apply for mini roundabouts as the normal size ones. The amount of times the person that I have to yield to yields to me too and sits there like a deer in the headlights.

People who drive over them instead of around them.

Also people who don’t know what a yellow box on the road means and drive into it therefore blocking the whole place up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who put raw meat on the top shelf in the fridge!

Actually putting mini roundabouts in locations where they aren't needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Go to a webpage, click an item link and because the page is still loading it you end up clicking something irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Tomato on a fry. It's just wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,318 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    People who drive over them instead of around them.

Also people who don’t know what a yellow box on the road means and drive into it therefore blocking the whole place up.

there are a couple near me where there isn't room to drive around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People inserting themselves into conversations that are not about them or involving them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

Smokers who congregate at hotel/pub entrances, causing the rest of us to hold our breaths while we enter, like walking the gauntlet of old.
    I remember once going into a pub and meeting 2 friends at the door, smoking away. One said "Where you going?" I replied "I'm going inside for some fresh air". ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Bredabe wrote: »
    [/B]
    I saw some on oxendales.ie yesterday.

Thank you, I will have a look:)

On the subject of mini roundabouts there is one here that has 2 exits as you are leaving the town, so you are either going left or straight on to the next large roundabout. Technically if you are going straight through you are using the second exit so would indicate left when passing the first. The amount of people who indicate right to go straight through( as if they are taking a third exit) does my head in. In doing that they should be going back the way they came.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Unwashed toothpaste spit marks in the sink. Gag.

Ewww!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    People who don't seem to realise that the same rules apply for mini roundabouts as the normal size ones. The amount of times the person that I have to yield to yields to me too and sits there like a deer in the headlights.
    The postman called early with a parcel and I had to sign for it pre shower with my hair on end in the scabby dressing gown I only wear as I have never found another with a zip.

Never wear a dressing gown with a zip, especially if you are an ant eater.

Not a good idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Popped in to get my hair cut during my lunch break. Sat there for 40 minutes and had to leave before actually having cut. Mother******

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lad a work gave me 60 euro today to buy something...
    Fecking lost it..
    Only noticed leaving work this evening, hopefully someone finds it and hands it in to security at work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Big Words

Fiona taking up two spaces with her new kona.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Liver had its work cut out today. I met up with two ex colleagues yesterday who I only see once or twice a year now but for some reason we always lose our sh*t. Good times!
    So thankful today is nearly over. I couldn’t even focus on reading a book for more than 10 minutes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Big Words wrote: »
    Fiona taking up two spaces with her new kona.

Fiona is a Kona

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm no eco warrior but the amount of water wasted waiting for hot water. I doing washing up and rinsing a milk container. Nearly 8 litres gone before the really hot water came out.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Use the water from the kettle!

New Home wrote: »
    Use the water from the kettle!

Yes Newie I'll bear that in mind, I suppose I could pour it into a watering can for a shower too :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, but you could pour it into a bucket to flush the loo... unless you like cold showers, in which case knock yourself out. :pac:

• Advertisement

You're the best Newie, I should know by now not to take you on :D I should just press 'thanks' and move on....which is a TA too.

Ah no, half of the fun is the back and forth of "helpful" suggestions that would make Dr Nick Riviera proud. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

C*nty insurance companies being c*nts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I'm no eco warrior but the amount of water wasted waiting for hot water. I doing washing up and rinsing a milk container. Nearly 8 litres gone before the really hot water came out.

I used to joke that the hot water pipes went around the to the neighbours before coming to the kitchen sink in my father's house. You are emptying the cylinder of hot water only for it to lie in the pipes again to cool.
    I've see the electric taps work and while they do use electricity it might be cheaper to use than the tank water, especially if using an immersion heater.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sitting in the canteen having my lunch and the pair at the next table ranting away about boring reports and planning the meetings for later today

I come to the canteen to get away from this talk

Can ye not get a meeting room ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Oh hello tinnitus, I've missed you. Just buzz away in my ear there like I have a bee in it.

You should her an instant hot water tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Cut my finger at work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Cut my finger at work :(

Hope you filed an incident report to the health and safety manager :pac:

• Advertisement

Today at lunchtime in a certain SPAR, I asked the Deli staff could I buy a bowl / cup of soup. Any flavour would do.

No, no soup available. What's the fupping rocket science about it? I suppose the main clientele are so used to the all encompassing breakfast role / bap / sandwich

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement