Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Watching a programme about the RNLI who were called out from Rosslare during storm Ophelia . Three eejits went out in a yacht despite weather warnings well in advance

TA at people who put others lives at risk for no other reason than their own selfishness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭gifted

Autosport wrote: »
    Succubus are you saying that CH has a rather large rooster :eek:

TA'd that gifted never told me :(

No drop of the hand for you this evening ;):D

What didn't i tell you Auto? ......scratches head...lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Watching a programme about the RNLI who were called out from Rosslare during storm Ophelia . Three eejits went out in a yacht despite weather warnings well in advance

TA at people who put others lives at risk for no other reason than their own selfishness

Completely agree.

Saw someone posting on Facebook recently that she climbs Croagh Patrick every month, alone. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

gifted wrote: »

About my cockerel it seems....
    also seems I was the subject of quite a few PM's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Aglomerado wrote: »
    In a hotel bar enjoying a quiet pint. Place is practically deserted. In comes a big fecker full of self importance who opts to sit 2_tables away and while he's waiting for his dining companion he proceeds to ring everyone in his contacts list and bellow down the phone at them, real Fred Eliot of Coronation Street type.

I HATE that.

I was sitting back with a cuppa one day recently in a cafe watching the world go by, happy out and like that, some guy decided I needed to hear every phone call that he was yelling making in between slurping his soup. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Like swimmers in Salthill and the surfers off The Cliffs of Moher, they should be
    Made pay for any rescue in such conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

TA'd that I was trying to protect your...good....reputation and you throw it back at me :P

That ship has sailed my friend :D

TA'd that I'm in my German class and not at home eating pancakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I know it's cold in Ireland at the moment, but I'm in Texas, where the temperature ... was -1°C this morning. What? :confused:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

gifted wrote: »

About CH’s rooster ;) and you and your hand dropping :D

TA’d that gifted didn’t tell me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,116 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Like swimmers in Salthill and the surfers off The Cliffs of Moher, they should be
    Made pay for any rescue in such conditions.

Hey mate, this is Ireland, nobody pays for their stupidity.......just the taxpayer.

Check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Heres a trivial one,

You know the way before and after almost every programme on tv now theres a "if you have been affected" warning..
    well how come theres not been one for Emmerdale (don't judge me:D) where the duuurrty blonde woman teacher has been "grooming" a young 15 year old boy and had in a hotel room for his 16th birthday "present"

If that was a male teacher and a 15year old girl, I'm sure there would be one of them warnings....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was at the dentist's earlier on: first the anaesthetic took ages to have an effect, and when it did it wasn't strong enough, so it had to be topped up. Despite this, its effect began to wane before the dentist had finished, and now that it's completely gone I can feel that my gums have been positively butchered. Oooouch. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    TA that I need to do a long run this evening whereas all I want to do is stuff my face with pancakes soaked in syrup and lemon and sugar.

And I got rained on :mad:

Now I am eating pancakes with golden syrup though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I bought new cheaper milk and I don’t like it. I swear I can smell the cow’s mooing when I’m drinking my tea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

We ran out of home heating oil the other day and the house is Baltic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I bought new cheaper milk and I don’t like it. I swear I can smell the cow’s mooing when I’m drinking my tea

Arrabawn or Avonmore end of story :cool:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Barry or lyons?

If it lyons that would explain a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I've just noticed Mount Everest sprouting right in the middle of my nose and K2 is coming up nicely on the side of it. F*ckin spots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Kitchenside. Couchside. Arseside. Dunno why but it grates me tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

The wife's snooring !!!

It's gotten so bad I've to sleep in the spare room because I can't fall asleep anymore or if I wake up I can't fall back asleep

..actually ... Snooring in general !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Kitchenside. Couchside. Arseside. Dunno why but it grates me tits.

Bedside. Table. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who say there car is always breaking down/giving trouble.
    You'd say to yourself it must be electrical issues, failing to start,etc.

You then find out it's them having to get tyres, brakes, belts changed, etc are the main issues with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I can't be the only person to think that a 5pm finish time means that you're ready to leave the office at 5pm? So you start to tidy up and close stuff down at about 4.55pm. It doesn't mean that you start at 5pm and leave your wife in the pouring rain waiting for you for 5-10 minutes does it?

It depends... if it were a meal, would you say you're done when you've finished eating or after you've cleared the table?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

1hr 40m to drive to work. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Horseracing. If there was no betting, no one would look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

New Home wrote: »
    It depends... if it were a meal, would you say you're done when you've finished eating or after you've cleared the table?

After the table is cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Picture This

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is it just me or are some punctuation marks and symbols particularly apostrophes on this site rendered like gobbledegook.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I heard a song on the radio years ago. It had this really cool riff in it. The kind that sticks in your head immediately.

Have never been able to find it.

It's a trivial annoyance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement