Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    TA at your fancy accents :D

Sorry I just flipped!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Pancakes..tbf...they taste of nothing... except moist!

Eeeewwwwww!!

TA, you know you spend too much time on Boards when you half wake in the middle of the night and in a half dreamy state randomly think Mike Oxlong, then ohhhhhhh my c#ck's long, and wake yourself up laughing :). I'm a bit slow on the uptake at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I see a tiny dent in a rear door of my car, probably a belt of a stone, Tiny but I can't unsee it now.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

TAd I shouldn't have to put up with this crêpe!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

We have a games room in our office. Managers use it from time to time to hold meetings in it. When there's actual meeting rooms free. Like loads of meeting rooms :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

evil_seed wrote: »
    We have a games room in our office. Managers use it from time to time to hold meetings in it. When there's actual meeting rooms free. Like loads of meeting rooms :mad:

Ah yes, they probably feel the need to look important in front of the minions and this just could not be done hidden away in the meeting room.

I am always TA at corporate jargon.

Now, moving forward.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Eeeewwwwww!!

TA, you know you spend too much time on Boards when you half wake in the middle of the night and in a half dreamy state randomly think Mike Oxlong, then ohhhhhhh my c#ck's long, and wake yourself up laughing :). I'm a bit slow on the uptake at times.

TA’d that I didn’t cop that before now :p

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Yourself and Rubberlegs are obviously nice decent ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I didn't either :( that's my TA now

Well full disclosure - it had to be pointed out to me too.....and that's all I'm saying......:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Eeeewwwwww!!

This one is a bit more subtle than my normal usernames, I'll grant you that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

some of the polls on journal.ie

ridiculous

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    some of the polls on journal.ie

ridiculous

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have previously voiced my annoyance at an acquaintance on FB who overshares her life to all and sundry. Well she just reached peak psycho today.

She posted a pic of her baby's first time in the cinema. The child is around nine months old, an age hardly conducive to cinema-going. I would be rightly pissed off if a mammy brought her baby into a screening I was at.

She has some notions of celebrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Got a letter from revenue the other day letting me know that they owed me money (yay!). Unfortunately, they managed to misspell both my surname and address and put the wrong name on my bank account so I have to ring them. After spending six minutes listening to robots telling me to set up a revenue account online to fix all my woes - something not relevant to my case - I'm now on my 18th minute on hold. This involves listening to an awful version of the first 12 or so bars of Fur Elise on repeat for about 45 seconds, then Robot Lady repeating how I should go online instead. If I could, I would.

I'm not sure it's worth the €120.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

In a hotel bar enjoying a quiet pint. Place is practically deserted. In comes a big fecker full of self importance who opts to sit 2_tables away and while he's waiting for his dining companion he proceeds to ring everyone in his contacts list and bellow down the phone at them, real Fred Eliot of Coronation Street type.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Re-reg trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I have that hellish song "Baby Shark" stuck in my head because the c*ntcumbers in the cinema were blaring it yesterday. Only I'm singing "Baby Bop" instead of "Baby Shark". That irritating blanky-loving Barney b1tch.

Happy Pancake Day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭gifted

Bloody ridiculous that the where am I thread is still locked.....a lot of posters locked out .....why punish everyone? Lock out the posters that are bickering for 24 hrs...but lock everyone??? A bit of lazy cop out.

I'm sorry for ranting and it's not often I'd give out about the mods ( God knows they are in a no win job) but I feel that everyone is being punished and the majotity have done nothing wrong.

The Force is strong with you Rosie :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Well full disclosure - it had to be pointed out to me too.....and that's all I'm saying......:D

Hey, I'm the one that pointed it out to you. What are you trying to say hmm? :p

Succubus_ wrote: »

TA'd that I was trying to protect your...good....reputation and you throw it back at me :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

gifted wrote: »
    Bloody ridiculous that the where am I thread is still locked.....a lot of posters locked out .....why punish everyone? Lock out the posters that are bickering for 24 hrs...but lock everyone??? A bit of lazy cop out.

I'm sorry for ranting and it's not often I'd give out about the mods ( God knows they are in a no win job) but I feel that everyone is being punished and the majotity have done nothing wrong.

On the plus side this thread is busier than normal.

TA that I need to do a long run this evening whereas all I want to do is stuff my face with pancakes soaked in syrup and lemon and sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Got this sour taste in my mouth and my gums are all sensitive and my teeth feel sore. Have had it a few days now. Might be brave and google the symptoms later.

So it might be toothpaste causing this. Used the gum strengthening (or something) toothpaste that should only be used by the cancer survivor in our house.
    Back on the normal Colgate now so ye are stuck with me for a tad longer. TA for ye.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So it might be toothpaste causing this. Used the gum strengthening (or something) toothpaste that should only be used by the cancer survivor in our house.
    Back on the normal Colgate now so ye are stuck with me for a tad longer. TA for ye.

Same thing happened me when I switched over too the corsodyl toothpaste .

TA'd for the expanded watch collection....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Succubus_ wrote: »

Succubus are you saying that CH has a rather large rooster :eek:

TA'd that gifted never told me :(

No drop of the hand for you this evening ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

gifted wrote:

I thought it was a big overreaction locking that thread aswell. Sure it was well over a week ago where there was an on thread argument and the night before last someone just out of the blue directed an aggressive post against another poster. Considering the type of thread it is and has been for a long while, I don't see how anything last night warranted locking the thread. I couldn't be arsed going to feedback with it. That's just like my opinion man...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA all TV stations take ad breaks at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Now, in fairness, if so many people needed to have it pointed out to them, maybe it wasn't that long after all. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement