Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    I was at a football match recently. A guy who had ballooned in weight a few years ago but had played through it looking quite good before taking a break for a year. This year he came back and is a good bit slimmer with a way to go yet. But he had zero speed. The time out seems to have done the harm. That is my concern for Fury. I'm very intrigued by this one.

The only thing you can say for Fury is that he always ballooned between fights. Not quite this much but significantly nonetheless. He has been back training a year now and that's probably the longest single period he has been active and training.

I really don't know how this will go though.
    Heart says Fury, I think he's a great character and a good bloke. Head says dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    I read that Fury was 257lbs this morning which is 18.3 stone,
    So he is ten pounds heavier than when he fought Wlad at 247lbs and 17.6 stone,

The big test is how his cardio is ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Wilder Points

I genuinely can't see this lasting... he'll be gassed by round 7 imo

Draw
    I genuinely can't see this lasting... he'll be gassed by round 7 imo[/QUOTE

You could be right , The clever money would be on him being ko'd but anything could happen in this ,

• Registered Users Posts: 54,958 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    I genuinely can't see this lasting... he'll be gassed by round 7 imo

That depends on the pace set.....

Wilder doesn't set fast paces. He's not overly busy and pressing; that's not to say that he won't be in this fight, just that his style is more cautious and patient, (and to some, even scared).

I wonder will Fury's "fear" of getting tagged and badly hurt play any part in his energy levels during the fight? Constantly 100 percent alert because the man in front of him is a very heavy hitter.....

Fury needs to set and dictate the pace and needs to get an offense going, an offence that either hurts or tags Wilder throughout, earning him rds in the bank for a points win.....needs to do this and survive, or avoid return heavy fire.....

• Advertisement

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    That depends on the pace set.....

Wilder doesn't set fast paces. He's not overly busy and pressing; that's not to say that he won't be in this fight, just that his style is more cautious and patient, (and to some, even scared).

I wonder will Fury's "fear" of getting tagged and badly hurt play any part in his energy levels during the fight? Constantly 100 percent alert because the man in front of him is a very heavy hitter.....

Fury needs to set and dictate the pace and needs to get an offense going, an offence that either hurts or tags Wilder throughout, earning him rds in the bank for a points win.....needs to do this and survive, or avoid return heavy fire.....

Can anyone remember a fight before where Fury's cardio was an issue ?
    Genuine questions as I can't recall it ,

Lost of people seems to have never seen Wilder fights, he always fights on the back foot he doesn't set a pace, well at least he hasn't yet,

Wilder Points
    Can anyone remember a fight before where Fury's cardio was an issue ?
    Genuine questions as I can't recall it ,

Lost of people seems to have never seen Wilder fights, he always fights on the back foot he doesn't set a pace, well at least he hasn't yet,

Historically Fury seems to always have had a good HW engine......

I guess this current version is what people may be wondering about...

Not just is he fit, but fit enough to be a threat, be busy, offensive and actually consistently landing and throwing decent punches...?

It's all well and good looking fit and being fit when in against complete bums (last two fights), but against a man that can end the fight with one shot, and who is as tall and rangy as Fury, well, that is where he may need to show some more fitness.

Draw
    Historically Fury seems to always have had a good HW engine......

I guess this current version is what people may be wondering about...

Not just is he fit, but fit enough to be a threat, be busy, offensive and actually consistently landing and throwing decent punches...?

It's all well and good looking fit and being fit when in against complete bums (last two fights), but against a man that can end the fight with one shot, and who is as tall and rangy as Fury, well, that is where he may need to show some more fitness.

Iv said from day one the only chance Fury has is to have pop in the jab and hit Wilder with a few shots early to make sure he gets some respect,

He needs to make Wilder think and back up to make sure he isn't just throwing that big right hand all night, The less Wilder throws it the less chance he has of landing it ,

Wilder Points
    Iv said from day one the only chance Fury has is to have pop in the jab and hit Wilder with a few shots early to make sure he gets some respect,

He needs to make Wilder think and back up to make sure he isn't just throwing that big right hand all night, The less Wilder throws it the less chance he has of landing it ,

It's this simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Does anyone know if it will be possible to record this on bt sport box office? You can't record sky box office and I assume this will be the same but hopefully not.

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    dulux99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it will be possible to record this on bt sport box office? You can't record sky box office and I assume this will be the same but hopefully not.

Best to ask them...

My first time ordering BO on BT.

Just got it sorted last night...

As you said you could not record on Sky BO PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

If Wilder is just winding up for a big right hand all night then Fury will be happy with that.

Fully understand where people are coming from worrying about condition of this version of Fury, but this will 10000% be Wilders toughest fight.

Its alright KO'ing guys who are standing in range all night, Fury had a suspect chin due to knock downs in his early fights, but he is very good at judging his range, and knows how to stay out of harms way.

I think the opening rounds Wilder will look extremely crude. Fury does need to get his respect and have Wilder respect his power early. Otherwise Wilder will have no issue giving up rounds in search of a KO. It only takes a second.

Its a fascinating fight, I don't think Fury will need to stink the joint out to win on points (ala the Wlad fight). I think his offence will look cleaner against a more unorthodox fighter, it wont be a dominant points win but im picking Fury by split decision on points. One card will award it to Wilder for his aggression.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw

Where did you see that? It’s not a bad weight but he looks slimmer.

Anyway I don’t think it changes much as he has always had a decent engine, perhaps more importantly he normally stays relaxed and does not waste nervous energy.
    His lack of throwing bombs also helps this too.

Wilder Points
    Blanco100 wrote: »

Fully understand where people are coming from worrying about condition of this version of Fury, but this will 10000% be Wilders toughest fight.

Will you still be so certain should Fury get knocked out in a couple rds? This is a likely scenarios here.

I don't think Fury will give Wilder near the problems that Ortiz gave him.

Draw
    Where did you see that? It’s not a bad weight but he looks slimmer.

Anyway I don’t think it changes much as he has always had a decent engine, perhaps more importantly he normally stays relaxed and does not waste nervous energy.
    His lack of throwing bombs also helps this too.

He was speaking at a interview with some fire fighters ,

I also seen Fury talking to Kugan today and he said, it'll be either a Fury ko or a Wilder on the cards didn't expect to hear him say that ,
    He also said that Roach was hugely surprised at how hard he hit the pads,

I got to say he looked very well in the face very fresh and healthy although it could have been the lighting ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Draw
    He was speaking at a interview with some fire fighters ,

I also seen Fury talking to Kugan today and he said, it'll be either a Fury ko or a Wilder on the cards didn't expect to hear him say that ,
    He also said that Roach was hugely surprised at how hard he hit the pads,

I got to say he looked very well in the face very fresh and healthy although it could have been the lighting ,

Is there a link to that?

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    Is there a link to that?

On is on the BT YouTube channel the other was on the IFL TV YouTube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Wilder Points
    probably been commented on already, but has there ever been a more WWE sounding bout than "Wilder vs Fury"

Biggest question for me going into this is Fury's coach. Listening to him on the Joe Rogan podcast and was staggered at what he said about his coach, a very young guy with no experience coaching fighters in big fights. When you think about the coach being the captain of the ship, then surely this wasn't the case in Fury's camp.

He regularly takes the piss out of the coach on social media, and I get it that they're friends but it's a very odd setup he has.

In saying that, Fury's Uber confidence is hard to ignore. It's rare that a fighters interviews changes my mind prior to a fight but it's happened here.

In my opinion it'll be an ugly long fight and casual fans will walk away disappointed, but it's a fascinating fight. Can't wait.

Draw
    Biggest question for me going into this is Fury's coach. Listening to him on the Joe Rogan podcast and was staggered at what he said about his coach, a very young guy with no experience coaching fighters in big fights. When you think about the coach being the captain of the ship, then surely this wasn't the case in Fury's camp.

He regularly takes the piss out of the coach on social media, and I get it that they're friends but it's a very odd setup he has.

In saying that, Fury's Uber confidence is hard to ignore. It's rare that a fighters interviews changes my mind prior to a fight but it's happened here.

In my opinion it'll be an ugly long fight and casual fans will walk away disappointed, but it's a fascinating fight. Can't wait.

Ben has coached Billy Joe before,
    What I remember is although everyone says he is a fantastic coach his corner advice was terrible , he was telling Billy he was winning when he
    clearly wasn't ,

Possibly why they have Freddie Roach in the corner to give good advice during the fight ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Draw
    What I remember is although everyone says he is a fantastic coach his corner advice was terrible , he was telling Billy he was winning when he
    clearly wasn't ,

Possibly why they have Freddie Roach in the corner to give good advice during the fight ,

Imagine the scenes if Fury is boxing the brains off Wilder and Freddie shouting mid round "he can't handle your speed son!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Can this be watched on virgin media?

Wilder Points
    Can this be watched on virgin media?

On demand only

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/sport/box-office/#ways-to-buy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Draw

Just saw on paddy power that the fight is meant to start at 5am.

Ugh I was gonna stay up and watch it but now it’s more like go to bed and get up. 5am though, ugh.

Might have to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Can't watch fcuk all with virgin media these days it's ridiculous.

Backdoor option it is...again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Draw
    Can't watch fcuk all with virgin media these days it's ridiculous.

Backdoor option it is...again.

That’s what she said.

I’ll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Draw
    clearly wasn't ,

Can't remember billy Joe ever "clearly" behind in any fight.

someyoke wrote: »
    Can't remember billy Joe ever "clearly" behind in any fight.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. What fight was this? He's undefeated and can't even remember him being in too many close fights apart from the Eubank fight which was years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    Yeah I was wondering about that too. What fight was this? He's undefeated and can't even remember him being in too many close fights apart from the Eubank fight which was years ago

When Saunders fought Akavov. Came in completely out of shape and nearly lost. Davison was appalling in the corner though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points

Advertisement