Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    The Nal wrote: »
    Assume it'll be a 3am ish main event?

Sounds about right.....latest 0400.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jimbob93

On the BT site it says Irish non BT sport subscribers who have Sky must order through Eir sport.
    Has anyone done this before? Any Issues?

It's my first time ordering a PPV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

jimbob93 wrote: »
    On the BT site it says Irish non BT sport subscribers who have Sky must order through Eir sport.
    Has anyone done this before? Any Issues?

It's my first time ordering a PPV.

With a bit of luck it will be like GGG v Canelo 2 whereby it was PPV for UK customers but not PPV for Irish viewers.

Wilder Points
    ThunderCat wrote: »
    With a bit of luck it will be like GGG v Canelo 2 whereby it was PPV for UK customers but not PPV for Irish viewers.

That's why I am holding off..

I'm Eir and Sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

Draw
    As I've recently switched to Eir (not recommended btw), is it possible to buy PPVs on either Sky or BT (both of which I have)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

megadodge wrote: »
    As I've recently switched to Eir (not recommended btw), is it possible to buy PPVs on either Sky or BT (both of which I have)?

Same here. I can’t seem to find out (1) if the existing BT channels I have will be showing the fight, don’t think they will, (2) can eir subscribers purchase a BT box office add-on, I don’t think it’s possible with sky ppv, (3) will eir sports show it like they did with ggg vs Canelo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Wilder Points
    For two loudmouths this fight hype has been really quiet. It was announced a couple of months ago and there was a bit of aggro and shouting and then nothing.
    It is only a week away yet feels like it has limped up to the date rather than the wham bam build up I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

For two loudmouths this fight hype has been really quiet. It was announced a couple of months ago and there was a bit of aggro and shouting and then nothing.

I was surprised as to why they start the big PR push on the fight so far back. That big show with Paul Dempsey (where he was giving out to them about their language) seems like six months ago at this stage. Surely all that shouting and attention seeking would have been better done NOW, especially given that the reports are that the sales for the fight are not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I thought Irish BT/Eir Sport customers got all the UFC and Boxing without paying PPV?

You have to shell out extra for the Fury and Frampton fights and probably all the big events after them as well. This is an outrage:mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Draw
    Every event seems to be ppv. Getting ridiculous. This is what happened before and I think people got sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Yep, looks like it is possible to watch with eir, but only as a ppv add-on for €22.99. So doesn’t look like eir sports will show it like they did the recent ggg-Canelo fight.
    And no more ufc after December 31st. ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    This is a PPV fight to be fair. Much more of a PPV fight than Bellew-Usyk or Whyte-Chisora anyway.

The promotion has been decent in my opinion. Loads of good content on YouTube. The difference is that they don't have the Sky hype machine to depend on so you've to really seek out the content yourself rather than get it force fed to you on Sky Sports News etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Draw
    Fair enough this is ppv. But chisora Whyte Khan Brook shouldn't be.

Wilder Points
    This has to be PPV......two big names in the HW division, and both undefeated...

Whyte Chisora should be “be paid to fooking view...”

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

No doubt its a genuine PPV fight , but I was lead to believe when signing up that EirSport would be showing all the big boxing events as part of the package.
    I caved in at the last minute / first beer a few weeks ago for Bellew vs Usyk. Another PPV this week and another TWO in a few weeks time is taking the absolute piss.
    Im not paying for anymore this year and i hope nobody else does either so a message gets sent to these promoters who have clearly lost control. Two PPVs on the same night?? w..t...f!
    so use your wallets to voice your concern!! If they don't get enough buys they actually lose money and then regular non PPV broadcast becomes more profitable since more viewers/ad revenue and less spent on marketing..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Iv been watching a lot of the recent training footage and I have to see Fry looks like he has lost any pop at all in his shoots,
    I know he was never big puncher to begin with but it's looking like he won't be able to back Wilder up at all,

Also in one of the latest video' s he was saying Big Bear didn't work out at all as he couldn't recover between round's and couldn't push himself, This could be a huge if he doesn't have his stamina on point for this fight as its a fight he can't switch off at all in, But............ he could be just saying that to put Wilder off hard to know ,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fury is with a complete unknown trainer in Davison who just seems his friend.
    Not having Peter Fury is a huge blow. Fury will fight with a huge amount of fear that I think he will struggle to get a points win if it goes 12 rounds.

The promotion for the fight has been very good lots of great stuff on youtube & BT.

Draw
    MD1990 wrote: »
    Fury is with a complete unknown trainer in Davison who just seems his friend.
    Not having Peter Fury is a huge blow. Fury will fight with a huge amount of fear that I think he will struggle to get a points win if it goes 12 rounds.

The promotion for the fight has been very good lots of great stuff on youtube & BT.

Someone told me Ben is only 26 is that true ? He looks older,
    Smart money has to be on a Wilder Ko but who knows what will happen, I hope Fury wins but I just can't see it from watching his training clips ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury KO
    Someone told me Ben is only 26 is that true ? He looks older,
    Smart money has to be on a Wilder Ko but who knows what will happen, I hope Fury wins but I just can't see it from watching his training clips ,

I am putting cash on Wilder stopping him.

Early or late ?

Draw
    ebbsy wrote: »
    I am putting cash on Wilder stopping him.

Early or late ?

I think if Wilder stops him it'll be early before the end of round 5
    If he doesn't it'll mean Fury is being competitive and I personally think if he is competitive he will spoil enough to win ,

• Advertisement

I think if Wilder stops him it'll be early before the end of round 5
    If he doesn't it'll mean Fury is being competitive and I personally think if he is competitive he will spoil enough to win ,

Fury won't get a decision in Vegas especially with his style of boxing.

Needs to KO Wilder .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Wilder Points
    I can't see Fury KO'ing Wilder. I also can't see Fury doing 12 rounds without Wilder landing at least once cleanly on him.
    Trying not to get sucked in by the Fury patter, so I'm going for Wilder by KO somewhere between rounds 6 - 9.

Draw
    Fury won't get a decision in Vegas especially with his style of boxing.

Needs to KO Wilder .

If Fury got a decision in Germany v Wlad he can get a decision in Vegas ,
    If of course he makes it to the 12th round,

Draw
    I can't see Fury KO'ing Wilder. I also can't see Fury doing 12 rounds without Wilder landing at least once cleanly on him.
    Trying not to get sucked in by the Fury patter, so I'm going for Wilder by KO somewhere between rounds 6 - 9.

Its defo the smart money ,

Wilder Points
    This almost certainty in claiming that Fury can't get the nod in a close fight in Vegas......makes no real sense....Does Wilder have the judges on his pay?

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    This almost certainty in claiming that Fury can't get the nod in a close fight in Vegas......makes no real sense....Does Wilder have the judges on his pay?

I agree its silly, if he got the nod in Germany he can get it anywhere
    Plus the fight isn't even in Vegas ,

Wilder Points
    I agree its silly, if he got the nod in Germany he can get it anywhere
    Plus the fight isn't even in Vegas ,

Yes, you're right......not even in Vegas....missed that...

walshb wrote: »

Wilder is backed by Al Haymon.

The most powerful man in boxing. He is getting a decision in LA(thought it was in Vegas).

So yeah it makes perfect sense.
    A Frank Warren fighter is not a getting a decision against a Haymon fighter in LA no chance. Unless Wilder throws no punches which won't happen.

Draw
    Wilder is backed by Al Haymon.

The most powerful man in boxing. He is getting a decision in LA(thought it was in Vegas).

So yeah it makes perfect sense.
    A Frank Warren fighter is not a getting a decision against a Haymon fighter in LA no chance. Unless Wilder throws no punches which won't happen.

People said the same about Wlad in Germany, It totally depends on the fight,

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    People said the same about Wlad in Germany, It totally depends on the fight,

Very true

You just know that if this is in any way competitive/close or difficult to score you will have people sticking to this claim, should Wilder get the nod....

Then there will others those claiming fix and robbery should Fury not get the nod in a close fight....

Advertisement