Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,943 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    Anyone else getting a vibe that both men may “carry” each other for a while?

Been thinking this right from the get go. They seem too pally...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Draw
    Bit of argy bargy at the presser, looking forward to this one.

Fury on points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    Fairly poor press conference. Pretty much a repeat of the initial ones months ago.

Fury also didn’t look to be in that great a shape when he whipped the shirt off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Draw
    I get a giggle out of Wilders "You aint been in a real battle, we've been in one for 400 years"

Get the boat, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,623 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Lost all my respect for Wilder last night ,

He started the whole race card for no reason at all,

Even after the official conference Radio Raheem (who is black) asked him where did that came form and he had a right go at him screaming in his face "its your people to" trying to scare him,

He is shook and Tyson got to him big time brining out the race card for no reason is the lowest of the low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Fury KO
    Lost all my respect for Wilder last night ,

He started the whole race card for no reason at all,

Even after the official conference Radio Raheem (who is black) asked him where did that came form and he had a right go at him screaming in his face "its your people to" trying to scare him,

He is shook and Tyson got to him big time brining out the race card for no reason is the lowest of the low
    Rubbish they're just trying to sell PPV.

Draw
    Rubbish they're just trying to sell PPV.
    They where all the way up and during last nights pressers but Wilder seriously lost his head at the end last night

Did you see the interview with Radio Raheem , Wilder was not acting one bit he was got to ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Fury KO
    They where all the way up and during last nights pressers but Wilder seriously lost his head at the end last night

Did you see the interview with Radio Raheem , Wilder was not acting one bit he was got to ,
    Maybe you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Wilder Points
    I dont think the fight is selling very well. The press conference one last attempt to help generate more interest.

Draw
    wadacrack wrote: »
    I dont think the fight is selling very well. The press conference one last attempt to help generate more interest.

I agree , I think they where trying to hype it but I do think Wilder then lost his head ,
    Its obvious to see Fury just having the crack , soon as he walked back stage he was laughing about it but Wilder lost it he was way over the top with Radio Raheem ,

I think Irish and British fighters seem to enjoy the crack of winding people up before the fight, Americans seems to take it way to personal ,

Maybe its due to culture of always slagging your mates growing up, its just part of our make up taking the piss out of each other ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    20ft ring being used on Saturday night. Fury had a 24ft ring in the Klitschko fight. Got to be advantage Wilder there. Less ring for Fury to utilise.

Interesting I was listening to an interview with Dave Allen last night who is pretty close with Fury. Said he thinks Fury is going to come forward all night with his hands up and try to push Wilder back. Says he thinks Fury sees Wilder as a small heavyweight. Really can't see that myself but it's a very different fight if Fury goes that route.

Wilder Points
    walshb wrote: »

No chance

Draw
    Morrison J wrote: »
    20ft ring being used on Saturday night. Fury had a 24ft ring in the Klitschko fight. Got to be advantage Wilder there. Less ring for Fury to utilise.

Interesting I was listening to an interview with Dave Allen last night who is pretty close with Fury. Said he thinks Fury is going to come forward all night with his hands up and try to push Wilder back. Says he thinks Fury sees Wilder as a small heavyweight. Really can't see that myself but it's a very different fight if Fury goes that route.

Freddy same that Tyson said to him he is thinking about going after him from round 1 but Freddie said he thinks its smarter to tire Wilder out first ,

Wilder Points
    Freddy same that Tyson said to him he is thinking about going after him from round 1 but Freddie said he thinks its smarter to tire Wilder out first ,

I think Wilder's stamina is too good to look to try tire him out. I've never seen him look close to tired. He does have zero inside game though so maybe Fury is going to try keep it close and hold/spoil etc. He might be safer inside than he is on the outside.

Still think it's more than likely Fury is on his bike for 12 rounds trying to steal rounds with his jab and this is all just talk. We'll see.

Wilder Points
    No chance

Why?

You reckon there's beef, and both want to beat each other bad?

Not saying this won't happen, but I have this feeling that the fight could be a bit of a spar/exhibition.....

I expect Wilder to end it in no more than 5 rds, but wouldn't be too surprised if it goes all the way, with very little real fire....

Wilder Points
    Why?

You reckon there's beef, and both want to beat each other bad?

Not saying this won't happen, but I have this feeling that the fight could be a bit of a spar/exhibition.....

I expect Wilder to end it in no more than 5 rds, but wouldn't be too surprised if it goes all the way, with very little real fire....

So you think there needs to be beef in order for both to try? There are a million examples of fights where there was zero needle between both fighters, it never turns into a glorified spar. Andy Lee would've had a career of exhibitions if this was the case.

Both guys will want to win, there's an unbelievable amount on the line in this fight. The stakes really couldn't be much higher with the claim to be the number 1 in the division and the big money Joshua fight there for the winner.

Why would it make any sense for there to be a glorified spar? Are you covering your bases for the potential outcome of Fury stinking the place out and winning a decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Fury Points
    No. Please. Don't entertain this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Draw

I don’t even know what to say to this . you can’t be genuinely serious

Draw
    In a serious note . This is the most excited I’ve been in a fight in a long time .

When was the last genuinely huge heaveyweight fight ?

I’m thinking Lewis/Tyson ? Don’t consider any fight in Vlads reign

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

wadacrack wrote: »

Wont do big numbers in America and its a 7am bed time to stay up and watch it over here. Fúck that.

In a serious note . This is the most excited I’ve been in a fight in a long time .

Joshua/Vlad was huge.

• Advertisement

Wilder Points

I’m thinking Lewis/Tyson ? Don’t consider any fight in Vlads reign

Biggest heavyweight fight in the States since Lewis-Vitali 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Another fight thread another example of Walshb trying to come at it from a "different angle", from the rest of the pack.

I don't mean to attack you personally Walshb, but you have form for going out of your way to hold a contrarion view no matter what you are talking about.

These lads aint going to carry each other, the fight might stink sure, but both will desperately want to win

Wilder Points
    So you think there needs to be beef in order for both to try? There are a million examples of fights where there was zero needle between both fighters, it never turns into a glorified spar. Andy Lee would've had a career of exhibitions if this was the case.

Both guys will want to win, there's an unbelievable amount on the line in this fight. The stakes really couldn't be much higher with the claim to be the number 1 in the division and the big money Joshua fight there for the winner.

Why would it make any sense for there to be a glorified spar? Are you covering your bases for the potential outcome of Fury stinking the place out and winning a decision?

I was just wondering. That’s all..

The whole build up had me so..

Of course, there doesn’t need to be beef.

I reckon large parts of the fight could be very tame, and will have folks wondering if they are watching an arranged spar...

Nothing to do with covering bases. I hope Wilder wins purely so my prediction is correct....

Wilder Points
    Blanco100 wrote: »
    Another fight thread another example of Walshb trying to come at it from a "different angle", from the rest of the pack.

I don't mean to attack you personally Walshb, but you have form for going out of your way to hold a contrarion view no matter what you are talking about.

These lads aint going to carry each other, the fight might stink sure, but both will desperately want to win

It’s just talk/discussion. Asking if the vibe is there...

Yes, more likely this is a full on committed fight..I get this..

Folks need to chill and relax. It’s just as you say, a different angle. It’s not D angle...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Wilder Points
    I think Wilder's stamina is too good to look to try tire him out. I've never seen him look close to tired. He does have zero inside game though so maybe Fury is going to try keep it close and hold/spoil etc. He might be safer inside than he is on the outside.

Still think it's more than likely Fury is on his bike for 12 rounds trying to steal rounds with his jab and this is all just talk. We'll see.

I said very similar weeks ago on this thread that Wilder won't tire and is always in shape, more questions on fury's stamina.
    I also wrote that Wilder needs to try something different like a left hook or use his power to fury's body and take the fight and movement out of him, maybe Wilder is not good enough to follow a plan though.

Draw
    If the fight was on Sky in the UK it would have done more ppvs even with the much smaller number of potential buyers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Wilder Points
    Can you buy the one off wilder fury box office event without having to subscribe to bt sport/eirsport?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Draw
    Can you buy the one off wilder fury box office event without having to subscribe to bt sport/eirsport?

You can but do you have any subscription? I'm getting it through sky, but don't have bt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw

You should be able to buy it here
    https://www.eirsport.ie/ppv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Wilder Points
    You should be able to buy it here
    https://www.eirsport.ie/ppv

I did buy it there but have no eirsport/bt subscription, im guessing that wont effect me watching the fight?

Advertisement