Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Draw
    Here are these great boxing skills on display.

https://twitter.com/ATRboxinguk/status/1057759418492821504

• Registered Users Posts: 37,959 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gintonious wrote:
    Sounds good, enjoy watching your first ever boxing match.
    I don't know what age you are but it wouldn't be surprising if your parents didn't even know each other when I attended my first live fight.

Draw
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't know what age you are but it wouldn't be surprising if your parents didn't even know each other when I attended my first live fight.

That doesn't mean you know what you are talking about, as is the case with your previous comments in here about Fury and his apparent lack of boxing skills compared to Wilder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

Gintonious wrote: »
    Here are these great boxing skills on display.

https://twitter.com/ATRboxinguk/status/1057759418492821504

That’s unfair, Dustin the worm Nichols was a slippery customer back in the day, he even made butterbean look like a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Fury can't box and relies on power???? I've read it all now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    Riddick bowe looks older than Ernie Shavers. Sad to see

Draw
    Fury 256.5 lbs
    Wilder 212.5 lbs

Draw
    I've said it before but Wilder could easily make cruiser. He was wearing a mask and tracksuit bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Is that the lightest Wilder has weighed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Wilder Points
    Whats the craic with BT Box Office. Does my Eir Sport sub cover it, or is it more again? Im none the wiser after looking at Eirs website

• Advertisement

Draw
    Is that the lightest Wilder has weighed ?

Yes

Draw
    Fury 256.5 lbs
    Wilder 212.5 lbs

Holy balls, I'm heavier than Wilder is right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Draw

Old head nostalgia talking, embarrassing.

Draw
    Angliru wrote: »
    Scary to think how hard Wilder would hit if he wasn't a twig for a HW and didn't have bang average technique.

Feeling more and more confident in Fury. Should be a great fight.

Thats possibly why he hits so hard , long limbs and speed , he throws that right like a pitcher throws a fast ball ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury KO
    Can't believe so many people are voting for a Fury points decision ?

I don't think he is in good enough condition to go the distance. Whatever you say about Wilder, at least he is a proper athlete.

3 years ago I would have said differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,959 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Old head nostalgia talking, embarrassing.
    Are you embarrassed?
    I'm certainly not, I've given my opinion and a few disagree. I have watched most of Fury's fight and while his footwork is very good his basic boxing skills are pretty much non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

I'd worry about Fury if he lost. I like the guy, and he's done a great job to come from where he was, but I think he might end up back there if he loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Wilder Points
    Are you embarrassed?
    I'm certainly not, I've given my opinion and a few disagree. I have watched most of Fury's fight and while his footwork is very good his basic boxing skills are pretty much non-existent.

A few disagree? :D:D
    Iv yet to see someone agree.
    Fury relies on his boxing skills as he has no one punch HW power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    Thats possibly why he hits so hard , long limbs and speed , he throws that right like a pitcher throws a fast ball ,

Spot on. Its that rangey leverage that gives him the huge knockout power. Ive seen a few his most savage knockouts, its probably like getting hit with a baseball bat.

Wilder does not and never has relied on his boxing skills to win. Its that big huge haymaker punch he has always relied on. More skilled boxer me boll0x.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Wilder Points
    Can see past Wilder in this one. Fury has fought one good heavyweight career to date, is coming off two exhibition bouts having been out for over two years too. He's not powerful enough to deter Wilder. I reckon he gets bombed out going 7/8.

I think his only chance is to get real close, grapple and lean on Wilder to tire him then maybe paw at him with his jab to eke out a messy points victory. I think he'll run tho and consequently get tagged as he tires mid fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    Jesus christ how bloody stupid did Wilder look in that gimp mask at the weigh in.

:D

Draw
    At this stage I am really thinking this heavyweight era has to be terrible. Wilder is barely a heavyweight, he weights less than Tyson/holyfield/Ali/ at their peaks despite being half a foot taller.
    Fury is still fat at 18 stone despite being 6 foot 9.
    I'm looking forward to the fight but I can't help but think they are just not great.

Draw
    At this stage I am really thinking this heavyweight era has to be terrible. Wilder is barely a heavyweight, he weights less than Tyson/holyfield/Ali/ at their peaks despite being half a foot taller.
    Fury is still fat at 18 stone despite being 6 foot 9.
    I'm looking forward to the fight but I can't help but think they are just not great.

Of course Fury looks fat , no way can he lose the weight he has in a year and not have lose skin ,
    Furys body compostion doesnt mean he isnt fighting fit , He may not be but you can't tell just from how he looked

Draw
    Are you embarrassed?

What the hell is going on lads?

Draw
    Of course Fury looks fat , no way can he lose the weight he has in a year and not have lose skin ,
    Furys body compostion doesnt mean he isnt fighting fit , He may not be but you can't tell just from how he looked

I still think Usyk beats the lot of them. Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Yea im looking forward to seeing Usyk have a crack at them aswell. Hopefully it comes to pass. It seems like thats what he is aiming for anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

My two cents is that a peak fury schools wilder it's very unrealistic to expect him to retain the ability. I reckon he can get back to 75 or 80% of what he was and he will still be too good for wilder. If he does win will it be one of the greatest comebacks ever? And while I don't agree with the comments about his boxing ability it's not nice to see everyone ganging up fellas it's all down to opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cracker86

Really looking forward to this fight, For me logic dictates that Wilder will be just too sharp for Fury. The inactive 3 years will really hurt Fury, especially if Wilder makes him work hard from round 1. Fury has not been in a fight since Wlad.

The 2 fights he had since were glorified spars, and even with all the good sparing he got in this camp you have to imagine Fury will be very rusty.

If Fury can get through the first 5 rounds without having to work too hard for it though, I give him a hell of a chance. I think Fury making a big deal of nobody knowing Wilder is a masterstroke. Wilder wants to be a huge star, so may feel pressure to not just beat Fury but KO him. That could make him desperate in the later rounds even if he is winning the fight. That could play right into Fury's camps hands.

Draw
    How do I watch this tonight? Not a BT customer. Happy to pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Draw
    Is there a guaranteed rematch here if Fury wins?

Advertisement