Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    I did buy it there but have no eirsport/bt subscription, im guessing that wont effect me watching the fight?

Don't think it'd be an issue, only way to buy it in Ireland and it only asks you for your skycard number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I'm thinking this goes two ways...both opposites!

Wilder gets the windmills going and connects, knocking out Tyson like he has 39 other men.

Tyson approaches this like Klitchko. Keeps his distance, on his bike, pops the jab, wins rounds...but after 8, 9 rounds of that Deontay could get frustrated, let loose but then get clipped, so ultimately a late stoppage for Fury.

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Draw
    I'm thinking this goes two ways...both opposites!

Wilder gets the windmills going and connects, knocking out Tyson like he has 39 other men.

Tyson approaches this like Klitchko. Keeps his distance, on his bike, pops the jab, wins rounds...but after 8, 9 rounds of that Deontay could get frustrated, let loose but then get clipped, so ultimately a late stoppage for Fury.

Looking forward to it!

That’s in line with my thinking

Wilder Points
    walshb wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a vibe that both men may “carry” each other for a while?

Been thinking this right from the get go. They seem too pally...

Actually yes totally!
    30 mins after the presser dramatics Deontay was chilled as can be, talking about how much he respects and likes what he knows and has experienced of Tyson. He also proclaimed that (obvs) as a professional he would of course leave all that good vibing outside of the ring. It's all theatre but I don't disagree with your theory at all.

Still see the most obvious outcome a Deontay KO. But that's head over heart! Genuinely happy for either of these to win as a better fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Fury might tire badly late in this fight. Arm weary mostly from taking big shots from a flailing Wilder. But like everyone else I can see every other scenario too! I'm going to go for Fury by decision. Surviving a late rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    As much as I am looking forward to the fight I reckon I'll catch it on record. 05:00 is a killer, and the under-card looks to be bang average...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    As much as I am looking forward to the fight I reckon I'll catch it on record. 05:00 is a killer, and the under-card looks to be bang average...

I'm in the same boat , I don't enjoy staying up for fights anymore just can't do it ,
    Kids are normally be up around half 6 anyway so ill just so it'll be a turn the phone off and watch it in the morning job ,

Really looking forward to this, I hope we get a at least 7/8 rounds and its not a round 1 or 2 ko to Wilder, We all know Wilder has the power to end nay fight but I'm interested to see how they match up boxing wise how they deal with the styles of the other ,

Wilder Points
    I'm in the same boat , I don't enjoy staying up for fights anymore just can't do it ,
    Kids are normally be up around half 6 anyway so ill just so it'll be a turn the phone off and watch it in the morning job ,

Really looking forward to this, I hope we get a at least 7/8 rounds and its not a round 1 or 2 ko to Wilder, We all know Wilder has the power to end nay fight but I'm interested to see how they match up boxing wise how they deal with the styles of the other ,

I'd like to see 4-5 rds as well, just to see how they match up stylistically; but a 1 or 2 rd job would not surprise me, should Wilder take some early offensive risks....

Draw
    I'd like to see 4-5 rds as well, just to see how they match up stylistically; but a 1 or 2 rd job would not surprise me, should Wilder take some early offensive risks....

Honestly nothing would surprise me in this one bar an early Fury KO,
    Fury could be awful or magic and neither would be a huge surprise,

I'm the same as yourself very interesting to see the boxing and figuring each other out , So I'm hoping Wilder doesn't just level him straight away ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Just be careful walsh about recording it, it could be a thing that you can't. I might be wrong on that but this is the first PPV on BT for us Irish viewers as far as I know so they might do it differently.

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    ThunderCat wrote: »
    Just be careful walsh about recording it, it could be a thing that you can't. I might be wrong on that but this is the first PPV on BT for us Irish viewers as far as I know so they might do it differently.

Of course.....totally forgot.....

Thanks...

I recorded a BO event (Bellew-USYK) on Sky last time and it didn't record. I ended up having to watch it on a later showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Draw
    I hope its competitive no matter who wins to set up other big fights down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

Being completely honest im not a big boxing fan but iv'e watched a few programmes and read some stuff about Fury recently and to me anyway he comes across as a nice guy who's fighting a lot of demons. I'd like to see him win.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

You might like the Showtime All Access shows that are on Youtube. Two half hour shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wilder Points
    hbhook wrote: »
    You might like the Showtime All Access shows that are on Youtube. Two half hour shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Deontay Wilder has good basic boxing skills, something Tyson Fury doesn't have. Fury has weight, height and reach advantages. They are both unbeaten so it's an intriguing matchup but I really fancy Wilder will stop him in the later rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    I like Fury and I want him to win but in my honest opinion I do not think the man is ready for this fight. He needs at least 1 fight before this. Maybe even 2.

I simply cannot see Fury dodging Wilder's power for 12 rounds. I cannot see Fury knocking out Wilder. Fury is not a knockout boxer. He is incredibly agile for a big big man and skilled but this man he is fighting is supremely athletic. Not a huge fan of wilder and he talks an awful lot of nonsense but ya got to respect his record.

Wilder beats Fury by KO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Draw
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Deontay Wilder has good basic boxing skills, something Tyson Fury doesn't have. Fury has weight, height and reach advantages. They are both unbeaten so it's an intriguing matchup but I really fancy Wilder will stop him in the later rounds.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    Deontay Wilder has good basic boxing skills, something Tyson Fury doesn't have.

Sorry but that's just wrong.

Sorry but that's just wrong.
    Fury has excellent footwork which is the main reason that he is still undefeated.
    He isn't a skilled boxer though, he depends on power. He isn't able to counter because he fights off his back foot most of the time and even when he tries he doesn't have the hand speed or accuracy to be successful. Have you ever seen him land a three punch combo? I haven't and I've only missed three of his fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Wilder Points
    Fury has excellent footwork which is the main reason that he is still undefeated.
    He isn't a skilled boxer though, he depends on power. He isn't able to counter because he fights off his back foot most of the time and even when he tries he doesn't have the hand speed or accuracy to be successful. Have you ever seen him land a three punch combo? I haven't and I've only missed three of his fights.

It sounds like you're mixing up the two fighters tbh.

Draw

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Draw

Wilder is black, Fury is white. Hope that clears it up for you.

Gintonious wrote:
    Wilder is black, Fury is white. Hope that clears it up for you.

Yeah, we'll talk after the fight then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Draw
    Yeah, we'll talk after the fight then.

Sounds good, enjoy watching your first ever boxing match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Wilder Points
    Any idea when the weigh ins are on?

Draw
    Any idea when the weigh ins are on?

Programme starting now on BT Sport 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Draw
    I don't have sky eir bt can I buy the fight to watch online without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Wilder Points
    Cheers Norman. Hopefully be done and dusted before toy show :D

• Advertisement

Draw
    Cheers Norman. Hopefully be done and dusted before toy show :D

Programme is on until 10pm. I predict main event weigh in at 9:30

Advertisement