Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Fury Points
    I agree its silly, if he got the nod in Germany he can get it anywhere
    Plus the fight isn't even in Vegas ,

Wasn't a close fight in Germany, though. I'm not so sure he's leaving there with the belts if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,952 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    Wasn't a close fight in Germany, though. I'm not so sure he's leaving there with the belts if it was.

It was close......

When neither man is landing anything worth a damn and hugging and feeling each other up you know it's close.

Plenty swing rds in that one.....that means the cards could well be close...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    There is a weird narrative thats grown over time where people think Fury-Klitschko was some kind of 120-108 schooling. It was relatively nip and tuck but definitely a clear Fury win. Literally impossible to find 7 rounds for Wlad. I had it 8-4 Fury with 3 rounds between them due to the point deduction. Fury fought very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Morrison J wrote: »
    There is a weird narrative thats grown over time where people think Fury-Klitschko was some kind of 120-108 schooling. It was relatively nip and tuck but definitely a clear Fury win. Literally impossible to find 7 rounds for Wlad. I had it 8-4 Fury with 3 rounds between them due to the point deduction. Fury fought very well.

In terms of a "FIGHT" it was close
    but in term's of a boxing match where you have to score each round I think Fury won pretty straight forward ,
    Obviously rounds where close and not much between them , but in my eyes there was no way in the world you could give it to Wlad scoring it on rounds ,

So a very close fight with a very clear winner does that make sense ?

Wilder Points

In terms of a "FIGHT" it was close
    but in term's of a boxing match where you have to score each round I think Fury won pretty straight forward ,
    Obviously rounds where close and not much between them , but in my eyes there was no way in the world you could give it to Wlad scoring it on rounds ,

So a very close fight with a very clear winner does that make sense ?

Yep 100% agree. Theres no conceivable way you can score it fairly to Wlad.

• Advertisement

Draw
    Yep 100% agree. Theres no conceivable way you can score it fairly to Wlad.

My thoughts exactly,
    Fury back then always just seems to do enough to beat people, So interesting to see can he do it again after his time ,

Wilder Points
    Getting back to the point, and one that yourdeadwright made, it is no way inconceivable that in these type fights the "away" fighter cannot get the nod.....I am sure there have been plenty fights in Germany similar to the Wlad-Fury fight, as regards who was the winner, and the "home" fighter got the nod...

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    Getting back to the point, and one that yourdeadwright made, it is no way inconceivable that is these type fights the "away" fighter cannot get the nod.....I a sure there have been plenty fights in Germany similar to the Wlad-Fury fight, as regards who was the winner, and the "home" fighter got the nod...

I'd imagine on pay per view and one that will sell well it is less likely there will be someone robbed ,

It's not like Wilder is a Canelo he doesn't generate huge amounts of money , for everyone to be paid off, even in the Canelo v GGGI didn't think it was a robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury KO
    The envelopes must be three fingers thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    Fury says he will donate his entire purse to the homeless.

• Advertisement

Fury Points
    I'd imagine on pay per view and one that will sell well it is less likely there will be someone robbed ,

It's not like Wilder is a Canelo he doesn't generate huge amounts of money , for everyone to be paid off, even in the Canelo v GGGI didn't think it was a robbery

I don't follow your logic. Why is it any less likely to be a robbery on ppv?

Wilder is not Canelo, but this is his first step towards being a ppv star and a fight against Joshua is a potentially huge money spinner if they can raise AJ's profile in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Draw
    I think Fury will ko Wilder in 9th round. He will hit him from every angle and frustrate the life out of him. He will be 3-4 stone heavier but will still be springy enough to keep him at bay. There it is, I’ve made my prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Wilder Points
    The fight goes 2 ways for me. Fury makes it very awkward and avoids Wilder for the first few rounds but eventually at some stage he is going to get hit. Wilder obviously a massive puncher. Definitely one of the biggest punchers of all time.

Or Fury is hit early and its over. Fury will be hit at some stage either way and once he is , its going to be extremely hard to make it 12 rounds

Draw
    wadacrack wrote: »
    The fight goes 2 ways for me. Fury makes it very awkward and avoids Wilder for the first few rounds but eventually at some stage he is going to get hit. Wilder obviously a massive puncher. Definitely one of the biggest punchers of all time.

Or Fury is hit early and its over. Fury will be hit at some stage either way and once he is , its going to be extremely hard to make it 12 rounds

He can pick surely but one of the biggest punchers of all time? He has an inflated ko record largely due to his calibre of opposition. I like him too so I’ll be happy with either one winning. It’s very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Wilder Points
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    He can pick surely but one of the biggest punchers of all time? He has an inflated ko record largely due to his calibre of opposition. I like him too so I’ll be happy with either one winning. It’s very interesting.

How he has knocked them stands out to me. Hes defiantly one the best punchers of his generation so would say its comparable to other era's

Wilder Points
    He's far skinnier than he was when he was even fighting Wlad anyway.

Ds-bO-lXQAUBso-.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

He's far skinnier than he was when he was even fighting Wlad anyway.

Ds-bO-lXQAUBso-.jpg:large

Is that Deontay? :pac:

Draw
    I don't follow your logic. Why is it any less likely to be a robbery on ppv?

Wilder is not Canelo, but this is his first step towards being a ppv star and a fight against Joshua is a potentially huge money spinner if they can raise AJ's profile in the states.

Most robberies in boxing happen at the lower levels when there trying to build a fighter and the eyes of the world are not on them, that's what I mean,
    its rare that it happens in the Main fight on PPV card,

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    I think Fury will ko Wilder in 9th round. He will hit him from every angle and frustrate the life out of him. He will be 3-4 stone heavier but will still be springy enough to keep him at bay. There it is, I’ve made my prediction

Personally I think this is the least likely out come,
    Fury looks like he has zero pop in his two comeback fights and in all his training footage, He never had huge power before but it looks even worse now,
    I'd be utterly shocked if he won by ko,

Fury Points
    Most robberies in boxing happen at the lower levels when there trying to build a fighter and the eyes of the world are not on them, that's what I mean,
    its rare that it happens in the Main fight on PPV card,

Well obviously most happen at lower levels as most fights are not main events, but it's by no means rare at the top level. Far from it.

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    Fury's best chance to is stink the joint out and hope that the judges award him rds for it. Unless I am way wrong I see no way he wins via KO or clear points.

Draw
    Well obviously most happen at lower levels as most fights are not main events, but it's by no means rare at the top level. Far from it.

What was the last big fought that you thought was a robbery ?

Fury Points
    What was the last big fought that you thought was a robbery ?

GGG v Canelo 1

Wilder Points
    GGG v Canelo 1

That was not a robbery.....very closely fought and competitive fight. Plenty rds there that could be argued either way. Same for fight 2.

Draw
    GGG v Canelo 1

That wasn't a robbery , it was a close fight,

Fury Points
    That wasn't a robbery , it was a close fight,

It was a clear GGG victory. That's pretty much universally accepted.

Draw
    Personally I think this is the least likely out come,
    Fury looks like he has zero pop in his two comeback fights and in all his training footage, He never had huge power before but it looks even worse now,
    I'd be utterly shocked if he won by ko,

I'm not drawing too many conclusions based on those two fights. I said at the time I was giving him two brutal fights and on the third we'd know if he's serious. I'm hoping he is and if he is then I think Wilder can be got at. Fury hits in short, sharp bursts and if Wilder eats a few of those they could well shake him.
    I was at a football match recently. A guy who had ballooned in weight a few years ago but had played through it looking quite good before taking a break for a year. This year he came back and is a good bit slimmer with a way to go yet. But he had zero speed. The time out seems to have done the harm. That is my concern for Fury. I'm very intrigued by this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭robwen

Draw
    Saturday's Wilder v Fury heavyweight showdown will cost Irish fans €23 on PPV

PAY-PER-VIEW details for Saturday’s eagerly anticipated showdown between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury have been announced.

Boxing fans in Ireland can watch the heavyweight world title fight on BT Sport Box Office, with prices starting at €22.99.

WBC champion Wilder (40-0) puts his title on the line against former heavyweight title holder Fury (27-0) at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.

The fight is available to eir vision customers for €22.99, while Sky TV customers will also be able to order it for €23.99.

Virgin Media TV customers in Ireland will not be able to order the fight as eir Sport / BT Sport are not available on the platform.

eir Sport have also announced that Carl Frampton’s IBF world title challenge against Josh Warrington on 22 December will also be available to Irish viewers on BT Sport Box Office priced at €22.99/€23.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Wilder Points
    Couldn't see too many people shelling out for the Frampton fight tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 BobC88

Fury KO
    I only use the Eir Sport app, get it free with the broadband, so have BT etc. Also have NowTV with Sky Sports.

Any word whether or not it’s in any way possible to buy this without a Eir Vision box or Sky Box / Subscription?

Advertisement