Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Fury Points
    FTA69 wrote: »
    Tyson Fury is indeed the greatest heavyweight of all time but I'm worried two years playing the bugle will have dented him.

He was on Joe Rogan recently and it was a very good listen actually.

Was a great interview alright. Both fighters have a great back story, read a Wilder biography I got on Amazon and he has had rough times too.

Shame the promoters are not making more of it to generate interest from the wider public. The UFC would be all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wilder Points
    I think Fury will be knocked out for two reasons: Wilder won't be a scardy cat like Wlad was, and, i don't think this version of Fury will be as good as the man who showed up in Germany. I just don't see him being good enough now to avoid being hit with something solid over 12 rounds. If he does manage to beat Wilder, I just hope he does not sink into depression again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

Draw
    I think Fury will be knocked out for two reasons: Wilder won't be a scardy cat like Wlad was, and, i don't think this version of Fury will be as good as the man who showed up in Germany. I just don't see him being good enough now to avoid being hit with something solid over 12 rounds. If he does manage to beat Wilder, I just hope he does not sink into depression again.

I wouldn't be too sure about that!

It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Wilder fights scared.

Always.

Wilder Points
    megadodge wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too sure about that!

It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Wilder fights scared.

Always.

That is true to an extent, he is tenative against fighters he fears can knock him out with punch power, like Ortiz, I don't think he will have that fear against Fury, though.

Draw
    That is true to an extent, he is tenative against fighters he fears can knock him out with punch power, like Ortiz, I don't think he will have that fear against Fury, though.

He's tentative against everyone.

Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,616 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    Scared, tentative, cautious, measured, calm, methodical, careful, wise, patient.......whatever way one wants to describe it, it sure has served him well.......

Almost a perfect KO record in his career.....

And in 2/3 weeks time that KO streak will continue. Fury has nothing to stop it!

Fury's cashing out!

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    Scared, tentative, cautious, measured, calm, methodical, careful, wise, patient.......whatever way one wants to describe it, it sure has served him well.......

Almost a perfect KO record in his career.....

And in 2/3 weeks time that KO streak will continue. Fury has nothing to stop it!

Fury's cashing out!

CALM??????????????????????

We're talking about Deontay Fúcking Wilder here!!!

Wilder Points
    megadodge wrote: »
    CALM??????????????????????

We're talking about Deontay Fúcking Wilder here!!!

It's just a word....there are several other words.....including scared and tentative

Bottom line........it won't matter a damn in a few weeks because he will have another KO win to his record...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    It's just a word....there are several other words.....including scared and tentative

Bottom line........it won't matter a damn in a few weeks because he will have another KO win to his record...

He very well could get the win and very well could get the ko but iv no idea why you think this fight is Fury cashing out,

Id imagine you like to put the slant on it cause your a big AJ fan and many times have said you dislike Fury as a man and think he made up the whole mental health problems, and don't think he is a good fighter,

Since AJ made excuses not to take the fight you can't deal with Fury just wants to try his hand against the best isn't afraid of a loss and doesn't make excuses so you put the whole he is only taking the fight for the money slant on it,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Draw

I really dont know how you can be so confident . Yes he has a great KO record and does have serious power. However, he showed his is a very limited boxer against Ortiz. And thats a 60 year old Ortiz who just stood in front of him

• Advertisement

Draw
    I really dont know how you can be so confident . Yes he has a great KO record and does have serious power. However, he showed his is a very limited boxer against Ortiz. And thats a 60 year old Ortiz who just stood in front of him

I think he is fair enough to predict Wilder may KO Fury as he has everyone else ,Remember Fury has been out a long time , we don't know what we will get from him

But to say Fury is cashing out implies he took the fight for money and knows he has no chance is wrong, Fury 100% thinks he can win this, This isn't about money to him ,

Draw
    I think he is fair enough to predict Wilder may KO Fury as he has everyone else ,Remember Fury has been out a long time , we don't know what we will get from him

But to say Fury is cashing out implies he took the fight for money and knows he has no chance is wrong, Fury 100% thinks he can win this, This isn't about money to him ,

Im sure he thinks he can win . Every boxer convinces themselves of that . I do think he may have been forced to take the fight quicker than he liked.

Draw
    Im sure he thinks he can win . Every boxer convinces themselves of that . I do think he may have been forced to take the fight quicker than he liked.

What makes you think he took it quicker than he wold have liked ?
    I don't think Fury is man who would be pushed into a corner to fight when he doesn't want to

Draw
    What makes you think he took it quicker than he wold have liked ?
    I don't think Fury is man who would be pushed into a corner to fight when he doesn't want to

I think he most certainly can be pushed into a corner and told who he is fighting

Draw
    I think he most certainly can be pushed into a corner and told who he is fighting

By who Warren ?

I understand fighters can get feel obliged to promoters and sponsor's and the public and have to take fights they don't always really want

But my personally view of Fury would be he doesn't really seem to care about his media image, fans opinion or making loads of money so id always thought he'd only fight who he wanted when he wanted

Draw

didn't Warren say he would have liked Fury to fight a couple more , so who's pushing him into fights ? Your not going down the whole MTK nonsense that someone once said on twitter ?

Draw
    By MTK.

Draw
    By MTK.

I thought you where heading that way,
    What would be the base of them forcing him into the fight ? over money issues ?
    I can't see it think its people adding 2+2 and getting 15

Wilder Points
    He very well could get the win and very well could get the ko but iv no idea why you think this fight is Fury cashing out,

For "this fight" he's cashing out.....

Or he will cash out.....not saying that's him finished, just that he is having a go now to make money and hoping for the best.

He will get clearly knocked out.....

What he does after the loss only he knows, but form has told us what he is likely to do....

He could come back stronger or he could go off on another mad one....

Wilder Points

Since AJ made excuses not to take the fight you can't deal with Fury just wants to try his hand against the best isn't afraid of a loss and doesn't make excuses so you put the whole he is only taking the fight for the money slant on it,

Not sure what this means....

I am delighted Fury has accepted the fight. I am one who has always championed the top fighters facing each other...

I never said the only reason he is taking the fight is for money. But, of course, money is a huge factor for all boxers and sportsmen....

• Advertisement

Draw
    For "this fight" he's cashing out.....

Or he will cash out.....not saying that's him finished, just that he is having a go now to make money and hoping for the best.

He will get clearly knocked out.....

What he does after the loss only he knows, but form has told us what he is likely to do....

He could come back stronger or he could go off on another mad one....

Im trying to figure out why you are so sure of a knock out . Yes Fury is coming back from a long lay off . But Wilder is hugely limited

Draw
    To be fair to Walshy Wilder has stopped everyone he has fought to date so why wouldn't he be confident in a KO for Wilder, ?

It may not happen but it is still the most likely outcome in the fight,

Wilder Points
    Im trying to figure out why you are so sure of a knock out . Yes Fury is coming back from a long lay off . But Wilder is hugely limited

What?

One man has almost a perfect KO record

The other man is past his best, and has been dropped and wobbled by far lesser punchers....He is also not that difficult to hit, despite what some may think.

That should tell you why I am so confident..

The poll on here also sees many others going for a Wilder KO.

Wilder Points

I think he will ko Fury, but i would not be as confident as you about it. I think Fury does not have the power to earn Wilder's respect. I really expect Wilder to be less apprehensive in this fight as a consequence.
    As well as that Fury just isn't good enough yet to go 12 rounds without his chin being tested at some point. He may never be as good as the man who showed up in Germany three years ago.

Draw
    I think he will ko Fury, but i would not be as confident as you about it. I think Fury does not have the power to earn Wilder's respect. I really expect Wilder to be less apprehensive in this fight as a consequence.
    As well as that Fury just isn't good enough yet to go 12 rounds without his chin being tested at some point. He may never be as good as the man who showed up in Germany three years ago.

Iv said from day one the whole fights rest's on can Fury hit Wilder hard enough to gain his respect, If he can he has a big chance if not he is doomed,

Even thought Fury isn't a power puncher he has been clever enough to catch people using there own momentum to hurt them , If he does catch you , you don't have the time in the ring to figure out if its his power or your own fault so it automatically gains your respect,

He will be hoping to catch Wilder on his way in in the early rounds to get Wilder to back up and think more,

Draw
    To be fair to Walshy Wilder has stopped everyone he has fought to date so why wouldn't he be confident in a KO for Wilder, ?

It may not happen but it is still the most likely outcome in the fight,

And Fury has beaten everyone he has fought. So is that not the most likely outcome ?

If Fury is back to his old self he wins this showboating for 12 rounds. Its impossible to know if he is though

Wilder Points
    And Fury has beaten everyone he has fought. So is that not the most likely outcome ?

If Fury is back to his old self he wins this showboating for 12 rounds. Its impossible to know if he is though

And Wilder has knocked out men who have had perfect records....

We could go on and on on this.....

Wilder's KO percentage is almost 100 percent. Fury is not the man he was a few years ago, and if you watch some of his fights, he has been dropped and hurt and wobbled by far lesser punchers....

The safest bet is the KO, hence my confidence.

Wilder Points

How's that?

I think two things: People overrating Fury's boxing skills and underrating Wilder's, or at least underrating Wilder's ability to box with and be competitive with Fury is a boxing match.

Fury ain't going to win on points either.....

Draw
    And Wilder has knocked out men who have had perfect records....

We could go on and on on this.....

Wilder's KO percentage is almost 100 percent. Fury is not the man he was a few years ago, and if you watch some of his fights, he has been dropped and hurt and wobbled by far lesser punchers....

The safest bet is the KO, hence my confidence.

I agree we we could go on and on

Wilder has knocked out cans bar a 60 year old Ortiz . And the only reason that happened was Ortiz was completely gassed.

The only way i see Wilder winning by KO is if Fury is a shell of his former self. Which could well happen

• Advertisement

Draw
    How's that?

I think two things: People overrating Fury's boxing skills and underrating Wilder's, or at least underrating Wilder's ability to box with and be competitive with Fury is a boxing match.

Fury ain't going to win on points either.....

I think saying Wilder has poor boxing skills is overrating them . Personal opinion

Advertisement