Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Fury Points
    selassie wrote: »
    Is there a guaranteed rematch here if Fury wins?

I'm sure there'll be a rematch clause in the contract. Whether or not they enact it if they lose will probably depend on the story of the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

It won't be a classic, Fury will look to turn it into a boring slog, I'd expect lots of holding on from him, leaning on Wilder, using his extra weight to try wear Wilder down.
    If Fury is allowed to do this and can avoid the KO punch from Wilder, I'd expect a Fury win.

Likewise the only method of victory i see from Wilder is the KO, this is what I expect to happen.

Fury is a slippery, frustrating fighter to face, he's no mug but he does have the capacity to self implode.

I'm more interested in the result than the fight itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,461 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wilder Points
    How do I watch this tonight? Not a BT customer. Happy to pay

This is the link to the eir Sports ppv page it might be of some help to you.

https://www.eirsport.ie/ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

eagle eye wrote: »
    Deontay Wilder has good basic boxing skills, something Tyson Fury doesn't have. Fury has weight, height and reach advantages. They are both unbeaten so it's an intriguing matchup but I really fancy Wilder will stop him in the later rounds.

Have you ever seen either of these people fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    It'll be exciting no matter how much of a boring fight Fury makes it. Wider always one punch away. Edge of the seat the whole way through. I cannot wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    I think people are going to be hugely surprised should Fury last 12, he will still lose on points...

My prediction is a clear Wilder KO anwhere from 1-12..

Barring this he loses deservedly on points due to him spoiling and surviving for most of the fight...

Him lasting 12 would be a “win” for him..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Draw
    Such a hard one to call, this.

Wilder didn’t look great against Ortiz but obviously can change the fight with one punch.

Hard to tell how sharp Fury will be based on his last couple of ‘fights’. His best chance is obviously by decision, but will he have the stamina to go 12 rounds?

Value bet maybe Wilder in r7-9 @ 5/1, or perhaps by decision at 11/2?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Deontay Wilder has good basic boxing skills, something Tyson Fury doesn't have. Fury has weight, height and reach advantages. They are both unbeaten so it's an intriguing matchup but I really fancy Wilder will stop him in the later rounds.

Jaysus ,you honestly couldn't have seen both men fight previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

yabadabado wrote:
    Jaysus ,you honestly couldn't have seen both men fight previously.
    I seen Wilder a few times as an amateur and a few times against bigger heavyweights where he used his job quite well. He is very light for this fight and the best way for him to do well in this is to get in and out with quick hands. I'm very surprised at how light he is coming into this fight so I gotta believe there must have been a lot of speed training(the hands) and stamina stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Then the line form the post I quoted makes even less sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

I seen Wilder a few times as an amateur and a few times against bigger heavyweights where he used his job quite well. He is very light for this fight and the best way for him to do well in this is to get in and out with quick hands. I'm very surprised at how light he is coming into this fight so I gotta believe there must have been a lot of speed training(the hands) and stamina stuff too.

Why do you think Wilder has better boxing basics than Fury?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

You're insane. Wilder does what he does brilliantly but his boxing mechanics are all over the place. Fury technically is excellent.

Draw
    Maybe I'm just being thick but I can't find a single way for a virgin media customer to be able to watch this...

Which is silly because I'm willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭megadodge

Draw
    What can I do to order this fight at this late stage?

I've been out of the country for the last few days and I'm just back, meaning I can't order over the phone as that's Mon-Fri.

I've been waiting 40 minutes to chat online to somebody, so we can assume that's a no-go.

www.eirsport.ie/ppv is just for Sky customers where they are looking for my Sky viewing card number. I'm an Eir Vision customer now (unfortunately - they're fucking useless) so that's not for me.

What do I do to legally watch this fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭megadodge

Draw
    megadodge wrote: »

I've been out of the country for the last few days and I'm just back, meaning I can't order over the phone as that's Mon-Fri.

I've been waiting 40 minutes to chat online to somebody, so we can assume that's a no-go.

www.eirsport.ie/ppv is just for Sky customers where they are looking for my Sky viewing card number. I'm an Eir Vision customer now (unfortunately - they're fucking useless) so that's not for me.

I finally got somebody in the online chat and they sorted it for me.

Draw
    megadodge wrote: »

Having the same issue. I want to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury KO
    walshb wrote: »
    pac_man wrote: »
    The poll is public so you should be able to see how people have voted. Can you see it now?

Yes, sorry. I didn't think to click on the figures in the poll

Thanks.

Ye must have started on the devils sauce early lad, the fights not on for another 12 hours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

Draw
    I'm just about to buy this from eir to watch on my sky box (using the link provided above). I presume when I buy I will be able to record on the sky box and watch it when I get up? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    SuperBW wrote: »
    I'm just about to buy this from eir to watch on my sky box (using the link provided above). I presume when I buy I will be able to record on the sky box and watch it when I get up? Anyone know?

I have it planned to record. Skybox let me do that anyway.

Draw

Thanks.

Mon Fury!

• Advertisement

Wilder Points

But will it play the recording?

I did that with Bellew/Usyk...

Sky let me record, but when I then tried to watch the recording it wouldn’t play..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Draw
    Bit will it play the recording.

Sky let me record, but when I then tried to watch the recording it wouldn’t play..

I don't know but I should do at 11:30

Draw
    But will it play the recording?

So how did you watch it? Did you get your money back?,

I have it bought now and I have it set to record. Suppose I could get up at 4.30 but would rather get up at a normal time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Draw
    Hope Fury wins but for me it's 2 fights too early. Also no Peter Fury is a huge loss. Either way it should be entertaining.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Wilder Points
    Any late predictions lads?
    Even for his massive size Fury has good stamina but Wilder has never looked gased yet so with Fury's long lay off no matter what pace the fight is at Wilder will have the advantage here.
    Going to go for Wilder ko, I think his speed and range will mean he gets to land a few and would be very surprised if an American ref lets Fury hold and spoil all night.

Wilder Points
    SuperBW wrote: »
    So how did you watch it? Did you get your money back?,

I have it bought now and I have it set to record. Suppose I could get up at 4.30 but would rather get up at a normal time.

I watched a later showing of it that day...no money back..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Fury Points
    I am looking forward to a good fight. There is a story that Fury is cashing out, and I really hope we do not see the sadness of it playing out that way. He's the better fighter here. I know he will show up. Come on Tyson.

How does everyone see this playing out? Will Tyson box at distance? Will he throw uppercuts? How would you fight this man who throws lethal rights... albeit telegraphed from the back of the arena.

Wilder Points
    Fury set to make about 3 million dollars for this, and Wilder 4 million dollars.

That is base..

Add in PPV % to this...

Another report I read says 14 million dollars for Wilder and 10 for Fury..no mention of PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

Draw
    I’m hoping for a Tyson win, Pretty much praying for him but here’s where it gets tricky.

Tyson loves to stay on the inside and allow his footwork (which is brilliant) to take him there.

Deontays power will worry Tyson of getting into range and he has devestating power.

Wilder tends to throw very loose and Wild and can throw himself off balance a lot (See Ortiz fight) was off balance a lot.

If Tyson judges them over hands and doesn’t have to work from the first bell, all wilders bluster could be his undoing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Fury Points
    Fury set to make about 2.5 million pounds for this, and Wilder 4 million dollars.

That is base..

Add in PPV % to this...

With Brexit on the horizon I hope he doesn't take the cheque in Sterling let me tell you!

Advertisement